Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Walt Disney Studios Expo Events

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    In regards to the capacity questions, the website for the Anaheim Convention Center says that the the Arena seats 7,500 and the third floor ballroom (where the screenings will take place) seats 3,807.
    Their press release in the OP states:

Both presentations will be held at The Anaheim Convention Center in a 4000-seat arena.

The D23 Expo would seem to not be using the entire capacity, probably customizing to accommodate staging and backstage areas.

All other film screenings and programs will take place in The Walt Disney Studios Theater (at the Anaheim Convention Center), a custom-built state-of-the-art venue with 3D capability, located within the Convention Center.
    This temp theatre will probably also be created using custom seating based on the screen and sound capabilities, etc. It would be surprising to see it hold over 3,000. Plus there are typically a certain number of seats set aside for various studio guests and media.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Any guesses as to the capacity for The Walt Disney Studios Theater?
    I think I read on the Expo site the WD Studios theater held 500 and the arena held 9,100..but the article says 4,000? b i g trouble coming...

ohh..the other place holds 3,000? I wonder what I saw that held 500..anyway..how many people are coming I wonder....holy moley..there could be alot of p'o'd people

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

That was mentioned in a 8/3 press release:

Also, in the 500-seat Storytellers Theater, Imagineers and cast members who create and operate Disney's parks, resorts, cruise ships and other vacation experiences will take fans behind-the-magic with a variety of presentations including:
    It would appear to be a different location.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Diamond Edition

I guess it's all going to boil down to prioritizing what we want to see most. If something is really important to you, make sure to get there early and wait in line and if you don't get in, have a back up plan.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Unlike the ABC tv stuff, which I object to, this is really a great line-up and completely suited to the D23 expo. Way to go!

• Disney Trivia God

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    Unlike the ABC tv stuff, which I object to, this is really a great line-up and completely suited to the D23 expo. Way to go!
    To each his own -- I'm actually looking forward to the ABC presentation. I'm a huge fan of Lost, and knowing the people at Disney I'm pretty sure that they won't leave us disappointed in any way. I've always wanted to go to the "up fronts" for the fall season, and this is probably the closest I'll ever get to the real thing.

• Diva Extrodinaire

I'm so sad that I have school on Thursday...no Beauty and Lion King for me...
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Happy Haunt

OH MY GOD, Snow White!

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

wait i dont understand, they say the expo closes at 5, how do u stay after 5 for the rest of the events taking place each night?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Too far from Disney World

A Muppets panel?! Sweet!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Diamond Edition

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    wait i dont understand, they say the expo closes at 5, how do u stay after 5 for the rest of the events taking place each night?
    The floor closes at 5, but the Expo is open until the 10 PM film ends. Basically, after 5 you can't walk around the floor or visit any of the booths, but there are still events.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    I guess it's all going to boil down to prioritizing what we want to see most. If something is really important to you, make sure to get there early and wait in line and if you don't get in, have a back up plan.

That is absolutely correct.

The D23 Expo is not unlike ComicCon. There will be so much to see and do that you could easily spend days. However, some things will have limited availability or will be scheduled at the same time as something else you might be interested in.

I did a bit of digging. The main arena will hold 4,000 people (where the keynotes, auction, and fashion shows will be held) . The various screening rooms and theaters will hold between 400 and 1,000 people. If there is a screening that is really important to you, plan to arrive early and get in line.

Unlike ComicCon, I believe that the Disney folks will do a MUCH better job handling the queues. I'll try to find out what the rules will be regarding when you can start lining up for an event. But I believe that the plan is the clear the theaters after every event. Which would allow the maximum number of folks who are waiting in line for the next event to get in. So you won't see people filling a theater and sitting in the same seat all day (like happened at some of the ComicCon events).

Folks simply need to set rational expectations. Don't expect to breeze from event to event without lines or crowds. If you show up 5 minutes before the Princess and the Frog session, you probably aren't going to get in.

But with a little planning, you can probably see the things that are most important to you if you are willing to queue up and plan for them in advance.

I really don't think that the theater sizes is a big deal at all. There is so much counter-scheduled stuff and the crowds will be spread out over a very large area with multiple theaters and the main convention arena all in use at the same time. Sure, you may not get to see everything you want, but that just isn't a reasonable expectation for an event such as this. It is all about making wise choices. But any good theme park fan knows that already.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but, a bunch of movie screenings? Yawn. I can watch movies at home! The only thing I'd like to see is John Lasseter because he is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    That was mentioned in a 8/3 press release:

It would appear to be a different location.

Ah yes, that's what I was thinking of. Thank you.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Not to be a Debbie Downer, but, a bunch of movie screenings? Yawn. I can watch movies at home! The only thing I'd like to see is John Lasseter because he is amazing!
    You should take a look at the D23 Expo site. This thread is JUST about what the Walt Disney STUDIOS is offering at the Expo, which is obviously movie related. "A bunch of movie screenings" is just one tiny part of the entire Expo.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast