Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Diva Extrodinaire

Re: New Expo Press Release - Schedule Of Events

Question...how long will most things run? Because on my schedule I feel like some things might be tight fit:

Saturday, September 12th, 2009
    9 a.m.
    So You Want to Be an Imagineer
    Marty Sklar hosts a conversation with more than half a dozen guest Imagineers, who will discuss the challenges and rewards of their careers ... and the special skills that are needed to “make the magic.” Storytellers Theater.

11:00 a.m.
    Jay Rasulo Address
    Jay Rasulo, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts share how Parks and Resorts dream up the magic that our guests enjoy every day at our magical destinations around the world. Arena.

2:00 p.m.
    Disney Store: The Magic is Back!
    Jim Fielding, president, Disney Stores Worldwide, provides an exciting look into Disney's retail efforts around the globe. Arena.

Sunday, September 13th, 2009
    11:00 a.m.
    Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios Presentation Featuring John Lasseter
    Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios Chief Creative Officer John Lasseter takes you behind the scenes of the upcoming films The Princess and the Frog, Rapunzel, Toy Story 3 and more. Arena.

1:00 p.m.
    Muppets Presentation
    The Muppets Studios takes you inside the Muppet world for an exclusive frog's-eye-view of what Kermit and Company have been up to in 2009 – and all the fun and mayhem they have planned for 2010 and beyond! Studio Theater.

3 p.m.
    Imagineering Pixar for the Disney Parks
    Storytellers Theater.

All of these are close together, but I don't know if they interfere.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Diamond Edition

MTdizzle94, Disney hasn't and probably won't announce the expected length of each event because it is hard to predict. They obviously have to be over before the next event in that venue, but they could run longer or shorter than expected. You're schedule seems reasonably spaced out, but I would advise you to have some backup options just in case you get to the next event and find that more people are waiting to get in than they will have room for.

Also, from the careful wording on the website, it sounds like ONLY Stage 23 will be clearing the room between events.

Its odd to say this after looking at the complete schedule of events. It seems like there is one division of the Walt Disney Company that I was expecting more from.

I was hoping Disney Cruise Line would have more. It looks like they only have 2 events. The Making of “Toy Story: The Musical” and Sailing to New Horizons with Disney Cruise Line.

Both of those are on Friday. Back when Parks and Resorts had their press release on the 3rd, they did say that they would announce New Disney Cruise Line itineraries for 2011. I expect that the itinerary announcement to be during the Sailing to New Horizons.

I was hoping Disney would announce more information about the new ships at the Expo.

• Diamond Edition

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost View Post
    I was hoping Disney Cruise Line would have more. It looks like they only have 2 events. The Making of “Toy Story: The Musical” and Sailing to New Horizons with Disney Cruise Line.
    Also, note that The Making of "Toy Story: The Musical" is presented by BOTH Disney Cruise Line AND Disney Parks. This is interesting because I broke the news a month ago on the Disneyland thread that this was coming to DCA and everyone acted like I made it up. A moderator even bumped it from news to rumor. I'm assuming the official announcement will be made at the Expo, even though the news already broke on the Cast Member website.

I was going through and organizing all this info by time, so I can decide which event to attend, when I noticed on Sat at 12:30pm "Growing Up Disney with Roy P. Disney, Stage 23". Ok, I know Roy E. Disney was Walt's brother and Roy O. Disney is his nephew, but Roy P.? I'm guessing this is a typo since the O and P are right next to each other on the keyboard. Unless there is another Roy that isn't talked about.

So I'm really hoping this is a panel with Roy O. It'd be cool to see him in person.

• Diamond Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeychick62 View Post
    I was going through and organizing all this info by time, so I can decide which event to attend, when I noticed on Sat at 12:30pm "Growing Up Disney with Roy P. Disney, Stage 23". Ok, I know Roy E. Disney was Walt's brother and Roy O. Disney is his nephew, but Roy P.? I'm guessing this is a typo since the O and P are right next to each other on the keyboard. Unless there is another Roy that isn't talked about.

So I'm really hoping this is a panel with Roy O. It'd be cool to see him in person.
    I did a Google search and it would appear that Roy P. Disney is Roy E. Disney's son.
    Roy P. Disney is the son of Roy E. Disney who is the nephew to animation and theme park pioneer Walt Disney.
    His seminar should be very interesting. If the Snow White panel discussion is full, I'll make this my second choice.

You got it switched up. Roy O. was Walt's brother. Roy E. was Walt's nephew, Roy O.'s son.

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    I did a Google search and it would appear that Roy P. Disney is Roy E. Disney's son.

His seminar should be very interesting. If the Snow White panel discussion is full, I'll make this my second choice.
    Cool! Thanks for taking the time to look this up. I agree, his seminar should be quite interesting.

• Too far from Disney World

I will be. I'm a Store Cast member and I'm REALLY curious what he has to say. What is your question? If you want to PM me that's fine too.

Denise
    I would LOVE to know if we in the US will ever be able to order from the Disney Stores overseas! Especially from Disney Store Japan. Thanks so much!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• With The Brain Of A Bird

Thank you for posting this. I'm only going to be there Saturday and it's nice to know in advance what I might be able to fit into my one day there. I am a little disappointed though. I'm not a D23 member and the general public wont be allowed in until 9:00 a.m.. I don't mind that part, but the one panel I really wanted to see was the Imagineering panel and it starts at 9:00 a.m.. I guess only D23 members who take advantage of the early entry will be the ones who get to visit with the imagineers. I'll be standing outside the convention center with my nose pressed against the glass when the panel starts (Queue the violin music). Oh well. There'll be plenty more to see through the day. Thanks again for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost View Post
    Its odd to say this after looking at the complete schedule of events. It seems like there is one division of the Walt Disney Company that I was expecting more from.

Both of those are on Friday. Back when Parks and Resorts had their press release on the 3rd, they did say that they would announce New Disney Cruise Line itineraries for 2011. I expect that the itinerary announcement to be during the Sailing to New Horizons.

I was hoping Disney would announce more information about the new ships at the Expo.
    I also notice a complete lack of Disney Theatrical Division...You'd think they'd do some Broadway show advertising..

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post

It's also up against the Science of Imagineering.. :/. The second presentation of this is after I leave, so I'll have to choose. Glad you pointed out that this is Roy's son..I'd just assumed it was the second Roy, not the third

Thumbs up Re: New Expo Press Release - Schedule Of Events

• Diva Extrodinaire

Quote Originally Posted by nunz View Post
    I also notice a complete lack of Disney Theatrical Division...You'd think they'd do some Broadway show advertising..
    I agree. Maybe with Iger's speech? I mean, Lion King is headed to Costa Mesa and Poppins is playing at the Ahmanson for 2 months this holiday season.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• space ranger

There are so many events I want to attend!! I was trying to make my own "schedule" for the expo and was wondering the seating numbers for the different areas. I think the arena holds about 4000 people. How about the Storytellers Theater, Stage 23 and Walt Disney Studios Theater?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast