Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)

Re: Full D23 Expo 2009 Schedule

Thanks, Dusty! I now have my entire "expo"rience planned. I almost feel bad for Mr. Baxter. He's going to see me a lot!
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Your Average Joe

From the schedule:

Imagineering the Future of Disney Theme Parks
    Go behind the scenes with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Jay Rasulo as he unveils the magical entertainment and experiences on the horizon at Disney's Parks and Resorts around the world and offers a surprise or two.

cough...Star Tours 2...cough

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeychick62 View Post
    I went to anaheimconventioncenter.com and looked at seating capacities. On level 3 where the Walt Disney Studios Theater is scheduled to be, the combined theater seating capacity looks to be about 5,391 (adding all 3 rooms together)

Level 2 has so many different things listed, it would be hard to venture a guess as to the number of seats.
    We can't go by the numbers from Anaheim Convention Center. That is a Maximum Capacity for the entire floor. By the time Disney sets up the theater with back stage area, equipment, screens, speakers, speaking/panel areas, etc, the capacity will be MUCH less than that.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Orcatime View Post
    I almost feel bad for Mr. Baxter. He's going to see me a lot!
    I'm sure he has security
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Circle of Ancients

Wow, this looks really awesome. Wish we were going.

Just wish i would have gone Sunday instead of Thursday, but i did not know the schedule when i got the tickets.. if its crazy, i just may have to buy tickets for Sunday for my girls.

The official schedule on the D23 expo website has been modified for some signing times - Jim Shore on Thursday, Robert Olszewski on Friday, Thomas Kinkade on Saturday. Other signings (for various panel participants) are also scheduled; some list names, others are more open ended. It will be very interesting to see how the signing works - along with everything else that is a mystery at this point!! But I am very happy to see some of these names officially.

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)

Talking Re: Full D23 Expo 2009 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I'm sure he has security
    I'm not going to stalk....at least I won't think of it as stalking.

You can just guaranatee that I'll be at every Imagineering panel/seminar....and so will he. I'll be at a few other things as well, but I'm going to be looking at it like, This is where my career will be. I can't be a Night Auditor forever, that's not allowed!
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Now Im confused Im wondering if the special guests and or Celebs will be at the expo all 4 days? Will they be able to sign autographs and sign personal items? pictures?

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Count me in for the "Vintage Disneyland film from the 50's and 60's" presentation, as well as the Star Tours announcement... um, er... I mean Jay Rasulo's speech on Saturday, plus the "Making of the Presidents" Imagineering presentation, and the "An afternoon with Imagineering Legends" and the....

I could go on and on.

With my other commitments during D23, I don't know how I'll make it all work! I DO know that I'm going to be one tired puppy by Sunday night though!!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Vikings > Everything

I just bought my tickets for Thursday and Saturday.
    Do you like pictures of Disneyland at night? Check out my thread of epic photos here.

Updated 3/17

Do you like pictures of DCA at night? Sure you do, check them out here.

Updated 2/28

Thanks for the schedule! I wish I could go all 4 days but I'm only going on Sunday.

Somewhere beyond the walls of Disneyland in a land far, far away...

I'm going on Friday & Saturday. I wish we could go all 4...it's going to be crazy!

• Diva Extrodinaire

All I know is I'm going ot the Expo on Friday and Saturday! How can I miss Steve Davison, theme park music, Star Tours 2, and SO OYU WANNA BE AN IMAGINEER??!? I'm so excited to see things on the show floor...
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

I hate to nay say on my first post, but is anyone else slightly alarmed about the limited capacity at the Storytellers Theater? If enough people show up to max out the arena, then only 1/8 of those in attendance will get to see what everyone is going there to see (let's just be honest about that - is there anything going on there that you want to miss?). Their selection of what is presented in the theater instead of the arena seems arbitrary to me. For example, will there actually be less demand for Imagineering Pixar for the Disney Parks as there will be for The Future of Disney and Pixar Animation? Don't you think 500 of us would line up to hear John Lasseter talk about eating a ham sandwich, let alone Pixar in the theme parks? The latter is featured in the arena, but the former is in the Storytellers Theater. If anything, I would think Disney fanatics would be more interested in the parks than the movies, if pressed to guess. What's worse is that the arena is often unused for large chunks of the day (on Friday, the arena is only used once, and on Saturday it is used twice, with nothing in competition for time in regards to the mentioned example).

Does anyone know the number of tickets that have been sold so far? I'm still on the fence about going and that information would be helpful. With hotel and ticket costs and the hassle of getting off work (or calling in sick), I just want to make sure I'm not waiting in long lines all day only to be turned away, and regardless, it is sad to think about that happening to any of us.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast