Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Full D23 Expo 2009 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wind-Up Bird View Post
    I hate to nay say on my first post, but is anyone else slightly alarmed about the limited capacity at the Storytellers Theater? If enough people show up to max out the arena, then only 1/8 of those in attendance will get to see what everyone is going there to see (let's just be honest about that - is there anything going on there that you want to miss?). Their selection of what is presented in the theater instead of the arena seems arbitrary to me. For example, will there actually be less demand for Imagineering Pixar for the Disney Parks as there will be for The Future of Disney and Pixar Animation? Don't you think 500 of us would line up to hear John Lasseter talk about eating a ham sandwich, let alone Pixar in the theme parks? The latter is featured in the arena, but the former is in the Storytellers Theater. If anything, I would think Disney fanatics would be more interested in the parks than the movies, if pressed to guess. What's worse is that the arena is often unused for large chunks of the day (on Friday, the arena is only used once, and on Saturday it is used twice, with nothing in competition for time in regards to the mentioned example).

Does anyone know the number of tickets that have been sold so far? I'm still on the fence about going and that information would be helpful. With hotel and ticket costs and the hassle of getting off work (or calling in sick), I just want to make sure I'm not waiting in long lines all day only to be turned away, and regardless, it is sad to think about that happening to any of us.
    I am absolutely worried about the crowd control/room capacity at all these events. Even the biggest venue won't fit all that many people. I'm really concerned about getting into even those events much less all the others. There are so many I want to see, I just hope I can see SOME of them. It will be interesting to see how they handle lines, crowds, etc., and I think their success or failure at this will determine the mood of further Expos. I for one would love to attend whenever I can, but if this is a big mess, I don't know that I'd try again.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Howdy everyone. I updated the schedule in the first post, as well as the PDF to reflect all of the signings and autograph sessions.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Thursday's presentations sound great, does anyone know who the inductees are fot the Legends Cermony?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    Thursday's presentations sound great, does anyone know who the inductees are fot the Legends Cermony?
    Here they are: Disney Legends Awards At The D23 Expo Sept 10 - Announcement

It's golden.
    Find us on Facebook:

Question Re: Full D23 Expo 2009 Schedule

I know for the seminars on Stage 23 it states: "The room will be cleared the end of each seminar on Stage 23. Guest may not remain seated to attend the following seminar"

I wonder how they will work stuff for the Arena? On 9/10 is Iger going to talk for a full hour or will their be some time between him and the Legends Ceremony I was originally going to attend both, but may leave after Iger speech as I am only attending that day and have lots to see and do before 5 p.m.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I doubt they'll be clearing the arena. It seats so many people and there won't be nearly as many people wanting to attend the Legends ceremony as there will Iger's keynote.
    Find us on Facebook:

• Disneylander

I'm so looking forward to this. I thought I'd check in and see if any Expo meetups been finalized. Is Mice Chat going to have a booth?

Cool Re: Full D23 Expo 2009 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by MMDisney View Post
    I know for the seminars on Stage 23 it states: "The room will be cleared the end of each seminar on Stage 23. Guest may not remain seated to attend the following seminar"

I wonder how they will work stuff for the Arena? On 9/10 is Iger going to talk for a full hour or will their be some time between him and the Legends Ceremony I was originally going to attend both, but may leave after Iger speech as I am only attending that day and have lots to see and do before 5 p.m.
    Wow, I've been wondering the same thing! I wanted to attend both but really want to see the ceremony. I didn't want to have to leave the arena to wait in line and hope to get in for the ceremony right afterwards. I hope we can sit through both!

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Figaro View Post
    ... Is Mice Chat going to have a booth?
    Ooooooooh yeah!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MMDisney View Post

I just did some digging and they will NOT be clearing the arena between Iger and the Legends ceremony. If you have a seat for Iger, you can just stay there for Legends if you'd like.
    Find us on Facebook:

Talking Re: Full D23 Expo 2009 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I just did some digging and they will NOT be clearing the arena between Iger and the Legends ceremony. If you have a seat for Iger, you can just stay there for Legends if you'd like.
    FABULOUS! Thanks so much! Now I can continue with my gameplan for the morning haha

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Figaro View Post
    Is Mice Chat going to have a booth?
    Absolutely: http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ities-fun.html

It will be our home base for the Expo and there will be lots of opportunities for you to meet your favorite online personalities, walk away with free stuff, and enter to win fun prizes from our sponsors.

http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ities-fun.html
    Find us on Facebook:

Somewhere beyond the walls of Disneyland in a land far, far away...

Quote Originally Posted by nunz View Post
    I am absolutely worried about the crowd control/room capacity at all these events. Even the biggest venue won't fit all that many people. I'm really concerned about getting into even those events much less all the others. There are so many I want to see, I just hope I can see SOME of them. It will be interesting to see how they handle lines, crowds, etc., and I think their success or failure at this will determine the mood of further Expos. I for one would love to attend whenever I can, but if this is a big mess, I don't know that I'd try again.
    Yeah, we're concerned about this too, but there is so much going on, that there will always be a chance to see something we want to, even if it's not first choice. We're not sure how much time we'll have to roam the floor since there are so many seminar/speakers we want to see. It's one big crap shoot right now...no one knows how many people will be there, or how chaotic it will be. But I can't wait!!!!!

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Hey, just making sure, the convention center is on katella across from california screamin', right?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    Hey, just making sure, the convention center is on katella across from california screamin', right?
    Physical address: Anaheim Convention Center 800 West Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802

But, the main entrance/lobby I believe looks to be off W Convention Way. Do a satellite and street view in that area on google maps.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast