Question D23 Expo Help!!!

So i need a little help on this whole d23 expo thing! I am only planning to go for the 1st day which is on a thursday. My question is should I buy my tickets already or should I just wait till buy them there? I really can't find an answer, some people say its a popular event, some people say its no so much! So what are your suggestions? any tips! I think I got 2 more questions. 2) Is a D23 membership really worth it! I kinda want to buy it but with the price tag of $79.00 for a paper certificate, a card, and to get a magazine seems too much money, thats like a disneyland ticket right there. 3) do you have to be a D23 member to buy the pins they are gonna have, I've seen a couple but I don't know if I could even buy them! Thanks for thoes who respond, it will help a million!!!!!!!
    "Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

Re: D23 Expo Help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by el_Fher View Post
    So what are your suggestions?
    I'll try on a couple of questions.

With all of the press that D23 Expo has been getting lately, I would expect that the Expo will sell out but probably not until the day of the show. You'd want to buy tickets online in advance for the same reason you would want to buy movie tickets online in advance. You want to avoid the lines and crowds of people buying tickets that day. (Ever seen the ticket-booth lines at Disneyland on a summer Saturday? And people CAN buy their tix online!)

So I'd definitely recommend it.

As for D23 membership, let's see.....

If you like Disney, you get a $16 magazine four times a year. Each one has been coming with a free gift. You get the OPPORTUNITY to go to special events which money truly can't buy. People who went to the DL event got admission free, that's $68 (I think) right there. You get discount admission to the Expo and early admission each day. There's DEFINITELY value, I think!!

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Keep in mind we are all newbies here as far as D23... this is the first ever Expo so there are no experts! Even D23 is not sure what to expect I think...
    --Jonathan

which day do you think will be the best??

• Diamond Edition

Quote Originally Posted by el_Fher View Post
    So i need a little help on this whole d23 expo thing! I am only planning to go for the 1st day which is on a thursday. My question is should I buy my tickets already or should I just wait till buy them there? I really can't find an answer, some people say its a popular event, some people say its no so much! So what are your suggestions? any tips!

Since this is the first time this has ever been done, nobody knows. If you are planning to go, I would advise you to purchase your tickets in advance. This will also save you time that morning.

I think I got 2 more questions. 2) Is a D23 membership really worth it! I kinda want to buy it but with the price tag of $79.00 for a paper certificate, a card, and to get a magazine seems too much money, thats like a disneyland ticket right there.
    That really is a personal choice. Membership has been very worthwhile for me because I love the magazine and the extra surprise gifts they send. I also like collecting the D23 Exclusive pins through Disney Store and have attended a few events. But if you don't want the magazine and don't want the opportunity to attend events or the discount on Expo tickets, than it's probably not worth it for you.

3) do you have to be a D23 member to buy the pins they are gonna have, I've seen a couple but I don't know if I could even buy them! Thanks for thoes who respond, it will help a million!!!!!!!
    Only one of the pins will be a D23 Member Exclusive and that is this one:

I would say for convenience, pre-purchasing your ticket makes sense. Since you are going on Thursday, I would expect the crowds to be smaller than Saturday (kind of Imagineering and the parks day) and Sunday (Pixar day). But you get to hear the big cheese so expect lots and lots and lots of Cast Members roaming around.

Others would know better but you would save $7 on your ticket by being a member. But I don’t know if you will get your membership number in time to take advantage of that savings for this event. I am sure Dustysage or Goofystitch will know.

Is D23 worth it? I have been critical so this is the cynics take on the whole thing. You get a fine magazine designed for the hardcore fan and it does seem to be hitting its stride (the latest issue is the best). You get little surprises with each issue delivered. I hope this continues. You get a certificate (oh Boy!). You get to buy special limited stuff (if you are a pin collector I would say D23 is a must). They have had free events in the past and I will be curious to see if that continues (I kind of doubt it – I think it will become a mix of free and premium events).

Bottom-line, if you are reading Micechat you probably should join. You have crossed that line.

Okay hardcore loyal fans, a dissenting voice has been raised so I am ready to be flamed now.

Sam
    SamLand's Disney Adventures

Quote Originally Posted by Mousecat View Post
    Others would know better but you would save $7 on your ticket by being a member. But I don’t know if you will get your membership number in time to take advantage of that savings for this event. I am sure Dustysage or Goofystitch will know.
    I just signed up for a membership and you get your number right away. You do have to wait about 24 hours to buy your discounted tickets though since you won't be in their system right away.

There are D23 member things only. i think i would buy tickets on line if not a member. this is the first one, so no one will know what to expect as far as lines to get in. like has been said, you get 4 nice magazines, and as far as the events go, that is something you can not count on, they go very quickly and are hard to get a hold of. so that i don't even consider, but i do like the little surprises they include with the magazine. So if your a Disney Nut and $81 is not too much, then it will be worth it..