No Expo 'Buy 3 - get one free' day??

We purchased our 2-day tickets a few weeks ago. With the additions to the schedule this is getting really exciting, so we've been trying to see if we could squeeze in another day (or two!) of the Expo.

I wrote the ticketing address about buying additional days, and this is the reply:

"If you already have 2 days and want to purchase a 3rd day as a single ticket you will not have access for the 4th day free. You would have to purchase a 4-day pass in order to get the 4th day free. You can still purchase tickets online, or you can wait and purchase additional tickets at the Expo when you get there."

I think this stinks. Basically they are punishing us for trying to attend additional days. And since the tickets are non-refundable, I can't even return our 2-days and buy 4-days. Am I looking at this the wrong way??

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: No Expo 'Buy 3 - get one free' day??

Buy 'em at the door and they won't make you sit in the corner. Enjoy!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Distant Disneylandaholic

Unfortunately, their approach makes sense to me. They clearly stated that the tickets were non-refundable. It would be a royal pain to start doing refunds and resales--D23 has so much else they're trying to do to get ready for this thing. It's pretty common for "get-one-free" promotions to have to buy what they say up front. There were no suprises here.

I'm sorry you're in this situation and hope that you can make the best of it--either enjoying your two days or buying more. Good luck

Are the tickets non-transferable? I was thinking maybe you could sell your 2 day tickets at a small loss and then purchase your 4 day pass.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalCastle View Post
    Are the tickets non-transferable? I was thinking maybe you could sell your 2 day tickets at a small loss and then purchase your 4 day pass.
    That also goes against the terms and conditions, as tickets are in the name of the person who purchased the tickets and must be used by this person only. I believe your also required to show a valid photo ID upon arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    That also goes against the terms and conditions, as tickets are in the name of the person who purchased the tickets and must be used by this person only. I believe your also required to show a valid photo ID upon arrival.
    Thanks for the reply Malin. That is why I asked if they were non-transferable.

I'm not questioning their refund policy - it's absolutely understandable not to offer refunds, that would open up all sorts of problems they don't need to be dealing with. The rules state no refunds and I would never ask for one.

But how much trouble would it be, and how far would it go toward guest satisfaction and good will, to say "You purchased two day tickets and now want to upgrade to three day - we'll give you the fourth day free". Particularly as they are already prepared with the four-day tickets and wristbands. I didn't think I was expecting anything unusual or extraordinary, but I'm just the guest, what do I know.

As far as I can tell this is not a Disney ticketing agency but an outside firm. At the parks, you can upgrade any ticket on the day it is used up to the time the parks close at night.
    Last edited by flayrah; 08-28-2009 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flayrah View Post
    But how much trouble would it be, and how far would it go toward guest satisfaction and good will, to say "You purchased two day tickets and now want to upgrade to three day - we'll give you the fourth day free". Particularly as they are already prepared with the four-day tickets and wristbands. I didn't think I was expecting anything unusual or extraordinary, but I'm just the guest, what do I know
    This sounds really frustrating, but it is also understandable. This is an event, not a location, so they don't have the ticketing infrastructure that the parks do -- it's really not quite right to compare them.

I know that I've heard people say they have similar problems when they decide that maybe they want to add a meal plan after they have arrived at WDW. You just can't do it. At that point, it's too late.

Buy three, get fourth day free is definitely a great option for D23 Expo (or, at least, seems to be!), but..... you've got to make that decision up front. In the end, maybe after one or two days there, you can decide if you do want to go back for the fourth, and if it's really a great time (as it seems like it will be), you will just go ahead and purchase the fourth day. I know, by the way, that this is the same at Comic-Con. Once you buy your pass, that's the pass you've bought, no refunds, no exchanges. If you decide to "upgrade" from one to four days and they do still have passes left, you have to just eat the cost of your one-day and buy a four-day pass.

Not comparable to the parks, but for a limited-time event like this, it definitely makes sense to me.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Did you specifically ask to change the 2 day for the four days and pay the difference, at this address [email protected] <[email protected]>?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mcow1 View Post
    Did you specifically ask to change the 2 day for the four days and pay the difference, at this address [email protected] <[email protected]>?
    Yup, that's exactly what I wrote, thx for asking. But I understand there's all sorts of reasons that the free 4th day promotion is not available to anyone who purchased early. It just doesn't seem 'right', some how, that anyone who purchases at the last minute will buy three and get a free day, and we who bought when the Expo was first announced now have to PAY for that 'free' day. Live and Learn, next time we just won't purchase in advance.