Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: D23 Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives catalog book - Limited Edition

i want one of those books too!

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by mmeleota View Post
    I wonder if they will only put out so many books per day so those who won't be there the first day will have a chance to get it.
    ... And penalize those who made the commitment to be there on opening day?Not likely.

What they probably will do is limit the books to either one book per buyer, or one hard-cover, and one soft-cover book per buyer.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Somewhere beyond the walls of Disneyland in a land far, far away...

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    ... And penalize those who made the commitment to be there on opening day?Not likely.

What they probably will do is limit the books to either one book per buyer, or one hard-cover, and one soft-cover book per buyer.
    Good point...originally we weren't going to be there til Friday, but our schedule changed, so we will be there on the first day now...however, because we won't be able to get there til mid afternoon, I'm guessing we still won't be able to get one. Oh well...I'll end up using that money to buy something else cool! There will be no shortage of cool stuff there for sure!
    Imagination ~ dream a fantastic dream ~ use your imagination

Please visit my store!
    http://www.zazzle.com/carouselofcolor*

My current blog - check it out!
    http://www.thishappyplace.wordpress.com

• Diamond Edition

Quote Originally Posted by mmeleota View Post
    Good point...originally we weren't going to be there til Friday, but our schedule changed, so we will be there on the first day now...however, because we won't be able to get there til mid afternoon, I'm guessing we still won't be able to get one. Oh well...I'll end up using that money to buy something else cool! There will be no shortage of cool stuff there for sure!
    Well, the Treasures of the Archives doesn't open until 12:00 PM, so hopefully they will still be available by the time you arrive. I really hope I get a hardcover copy, but I'd be happy if I can get a softcover.

And I'm hoping they limit it to 1 book per person. Period. None of this "1 hardcover and 1 softcover" because that just leaves it open for people to buy one of each and turn a profit on them on eBay.

• Disney Trivia God

That press release however said that the "first edition paperback will be limited to 1,000". How many second printing editions will be out there? I suspect there will be plenty of supply to meet demand, but just not from the first printing of the soft cover version.

That being said, I'd still like a hardcover for myself.

• Banned User

Once I saw the names Hannah Montanna and High School music I said to myself "eeehh ill pass"

Quote Originally Posted by cidbliq View Post
    That press release however said that the "first edition paperback will be limited to 1,000". How many second printing editions will be out there? I suspect there will be plenty of supply to meet demand, but just not from the first printing of the soft cover version.

That being said, I'd still like a hardcover for myself.
    It really has come down to reading the fine print with D23. I sure hope that you are correct that they are once again creating a false sense of urgency to move product. Just like the Haunted Mansion CD which allowed you to "pre-order" before the rest of the public. Good catch!

It would be funny as hell if they said no limit, let all the eBay sellers scoop up all the first edition books and then immediately release the second printing for the rest of the weekend.

• Banned User

I NEED this book!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost View Post
    It would be funny as hell if they said no limit, let all the eBay sellers scoop up all the first edition books and then immediately release the second printing for the rest of the weekend.
    GhostHost, sometimes I get evil thoughts but even my mind didn't take me there! That would be truly awful in a way but good for those who just want the book for its contents don't really care about the 1st edition (for whatever that is worth).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Exclamation Re: D23 Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives catalog book - Limited Edition

I Am Going On Friday(Please, let there be a soft cover left!)

• Gumball Rally Godfather

I was at the book sale today. The hardcover book was signed and serialized. They allowed folks to buy two of both the hard cover and the softcover for a total of 4.

So I got one for me, one for Dustysage, one for Kevin Yee, and one for I Heart Disneyland.

Merry Christmas. You each owe me $500!

Last edited by Circarama; 09-10-2009 at 12:23 PM.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• MiceAge Columnist

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy . Thank you thank you! We'll do the details by PM when you get home
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

I was lucky enough to get one too, and was pleased to see it was signed and hand numbered as well! yay me!

I got one also, after 5pm and got the hardcover number 252 of 500!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast