Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Exclamation Breaking News On Dick Cook's Presentation At D23 Expo

Dick Cook, Chairman of the Walt Disney Studios, has a presentation set for Friday at the D23 Expo. If you are a movie fan, this is shaping up to be an amazing event.

We JUST got word that both Tim Burton and Robert Zemeckis will take part in the Cook presentation.

And we understand that is just the tip of a very impressive iceberg.

We hope to hear more soon.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Happy Haunt

Re: Breaking News On Dick Cook's Presentation At D23 Expo

THANK GOD! I missed Tim Burton (and Johnny Depp) at Comic Con because I couldn't get in due to Twilight fans.

so excited!!!

• Banned User

Is Brian and Lisa Henson going to be a the Muppets presentation??

Somewhere beyond the walls of Disneyland in a land far, far away...

As if I wasn't excited enough already!!!! oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!!!!
    Imagination ~ dream a fantastic dream ~ use your imagination

Please visit my store!
    http://www.zazzle.com/carouselofcolor*

My current blog - check it out!
    http://www.thishappyplace.wordpress.com

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    We JUST got word that both Tim Burton and Robert Zemeckis will take part in the Cook presentation.

And we understand that is just the tip of a very impressive iceberg.

We hope to hear more soon.

-Dusty

Hopefully it features at least half of the content from my 8/16 scenario:

I'd also expect the 9/11 WDS presentations to mirror their ShoWest and "Summer Heatwave'-esque events of the past with numerous announced and surprise celebrity appearances. They'll need to announce some in advance to nudge ticket sales and hold others back for the curiousity factor. Those events always feature promotional giveaways of the t-shirt/mini-poster/etc. variety.

Some obvious names would include 'The Princess and the Frog's co-directors Musker and Clements, and possible performance as they did recently, with star Anika Noni Rose and composer Randy Newman and Jim Carrey and Robert Zemeckis representing 'A Christmas Carol'. Carrey could own that convention center in an Anaheim minute which he needs to. Bruce Willis' sci-fi thriller 'Surrogates' opens September 25th so that should receive a healthy push as well.

Looking forward into next year's early releases they could pull from 'When in Rome' with Kristen Bell (also currently shooting another Disney comedy, 'You Again'), 'The Last Song' with Miley Cyrus, Greg Kinnear and Kelly Preston and of course, the 3D presentation of 'Beauty and the Beast' with producer Don Hahn and hopefully that film's stars and composer Alan Menken.

And then the big guns of Tim Burton's 'Alice in Wonderland' and 'Toy Story 3'. Some friendly arm-twisting could lead to walk-ons by Johnny Depp, Tom Hanks and Tim Allen. Everyone should hear Hanks when he gets on a roll in front of an adoring live audience!

Plus Team 'TRON' with an updated promotional push, Nicolas Cage's live-action 'Sorcerer's Apprentice', a 'Rapunzel' presentation and hopefully an official start date (& appearances) inconjunction with the fourth 'Pirates of the Caribbean' film (just try to keep producer Jerry Bruckheimer off that stage) and the new Muppets movie would be a huge crowd-pleaser.

That's just off the top of my head though, official announcements forthcoming.
    What to Expect: D23 Expo
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

'Toy Story 3' director Lee Unkrich:

Heading home from Venice today. Back to reality. Next stop -- D23.
    Lee Unkrich (leeunkrich) on Twitter
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

I shall be there as I too missed all of this at comic con. Waiting in line's gonna suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Is Brian and Lisa Henson going to be a the Muppets presentation??
    Not sure why they would be, since the Henson Co. no longer owns the Muppets, but I do know that big Muppet fans should still definitely make plans to attend the presentation!

Quote Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
    Not sure why they would be, since the Henson Co. no longer owns the Muppets, but I do know that big Muppet fans should still definitely make plans to attend the presentation!
    I wish I could be there for it, but unfortunately we won't be able to stay for Sunday.

That's what these boards are for!

Please visit my store!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    my 8/16 scenario:

I'd also expect the 9/11 WDS presentations to mirror their ShoWest and "Summer Heatwave'-esque events of the past with numerous announced and surprise celebrity appearances. They'll need to announce some in advance to nudge ticket sales and hold others back for the curiousity factor. Those events always feature promotional giveaways of the t-shirt/mini-poster/etc. variety.

Some obvious names would include 'The Princess and the Frog's co-directors Musker and Clements, and possible performance as they did recently, with star Anika Noni Rose and composer Randy Newman and Jim Carrey and Robert Zemeckis representing 'A Christmas Carol'. Carrey could own that convention center in an Anaheim minute which he needs to. Bruce Willis' sci-fi thriller 'Surrogates' opens September 25th so that should receive a healthy push as well.

Looking forward into next year's early releases they could pull from 'When in Rome' with Kristen Bell (also currently shooting another Disney comedy, 'You Again'), 'The Last Song' with Miley Cyrus, Greg Kinnear and Kelly Preston and of course, the 3D presentation of 'Beauty and the Beast' with producer Don Hahn and hopefully that film's stars and composer Alan Menken.

And then the big guns of Tim Burton's 'Alice in Wonderland' and 'Toy Story 3'. Some friendly arm-twisting could lead to walk-ons by Johnny Depp, Tom Hanks and Tim Allen. Everyone should hear Hanks when he gets on a roll in front of an adoring live audience!

Plus Team 'TRON' with an updated promotional push, Nicolas Cage's live-action 'Sorcerer's Apprentice', a 'Rapunzel' presentation and hopefully an official start date (& appearances) inconjunction with the fourth 'Pirates of the Caribbean' film (just try to keep producer Jerry Bruckheimer off that stage) and the new Muppets movie would be a huge crowd-pleaser.

That's just off the top of my head though, official announcements forthcoming.

What to Expect: D23 Expo

ANAHEIM, CA - SEPTEMBER 11: **EXCLUSIVE**
    Walt Disney Pictures Presentation at Disney's D23 Expo on September 11, 2009 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. (Photo by Eric Charbonneau/Le Studio) ©Disney Enterprises, Inc. All Rights Reserved

This was definitely the highlight for me so far! It just kept getting better and better! They put on quite a show!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by James90241 View Post
    This was definitely the highlight for me so far! It just kept getting better and better! They put on quite a show!

"The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made" has to be the Dumbest Movie Title Ever Written though. I've no interest in it, but then I've no interest in Disney's plans for Marvel characters either.

I LOVED THE OPENING MEDLEY OF DISNEY MOVIES AND SONGS! Barnette Ricci (who concieved Fantasmic) arranged it and it was just awesome!, It was kind of sad when Miley performed the Climb no one really cared but when Johnny Depp decended on stage everyone screamed and cheered it was a great way to close the show.

I really enjoyed the opening medley! I was so impressed that a live orchestra and choir kept perfectly in time with the video montage...AMAZING!!! Loved the Muppets (especially singing "Rainbow Connection") and of course, seeing Johnny in full Captain Jack regalia!

Please visit my store!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast