Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Re: D23 Fall Events Schedule

I tried to get the tickets, but since I just activated my membership this morning, I got an error saying it takes 24-48 hours to activate a membership and that I could not get tickets at this time
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

Has anyone done the D23 Lion King experience, its about double the reg price?

• Diamond Edition

Quote Originally Posted by markwcricket View Post
    I didn't do the Lion King one, but I did it for Mary Poppins in Chicago. It actually wasn't double the price, but the exact price of the premium seat we sat in. Those seats cost way more than the standard ticket. For the same price, we also got 20% off merchandise, a DVD of the film and program, as well as the behind the scenes experience after the show. It differs depending on the show and city, but for us we got a private Q&A with the cast of the show, including Ashley Brown and Gavin Lee. It was an amazing night and well worth the $150, or whatever it cost per person.

• Candlelight Caroler

Great suggestion Ryan, regarding the waiting list. I think you're on the right track to helping D23 find a solution. I'd be willing to put my hat into the ring for a chance to do something exclusive.

I, of course, am still waiting for D23 to come to me, and show me what they're really made of!

Suspend your Disbelief!

Geren

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by gpiltz View Post
    Great suggestion Ryan, regarding the waiting list. I think you're on the right track to helping D23 find a solution. I'd be willing to put my hat into the ring for a chance to do something exclusive.

I, of course, am still waiting for D23 to come to me, and show me what they're really made of!

Suspend your Disbelief!

Geren
    Thanks. To add on to that (and remind what others of what I posted):
    D23 could create a waiting list for studio tour events, kind of like what they are doing now, but instead of closing it off to a small amount, expand it to a club 33-esque waiting list where it's long enough so that as tours are made, they just take the next 50-100 people on the list and invite them. Now, this is where the fun part for Disney can come in. For one to be able to stay on the waiting list, they should be a continuing member. If you're turn comes on and you are not a member, then you won't be allowed to go to the event and your spot will be given to the next person in line. This will entice people, especially those on the list, to keep signing up. Now, if you are selected to go on a tour but can't make it to that one, then for fairness, your turn came and it will be forfeited to the next person in line and you will have to wait again on the list. Once the list gets "unreasonably long" just like the Club 33 list did back in 2007, D23 can close off the waiting list till it becomes a more manageable size with the exception of forfeited slots being able to be moved to the back given that it's still a same member with a valid membership.

This is just my thoughts on a system that would satisfy everyone as it would pretty much almost guarantee someone a tour at some point of membership while enticing members to keep renewing their membership in order to stay on the list. Now, if the folks at d23 like this, you can find my contact info on my website which can be found on the trip reports below this comment Feel free to hire me haha

• Banned User

Aside from a pin and the early showtime, I can't for the life of me figure out the difference between the $50 package and the $20 package later in the week. Am I missing something here?

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandtour View Post
    Aside from a pin and the early showtime, I can't for the life of me figure out the difference between the $50 package and the $20 package later in the week. Am I missing something here?
    I think I am missing something... what event are you talking about?
    --Jonathan

• Not a Minion

D23 event for Princess and the Frog.

The $50 package includes a lithograph, mardi gras beads, reserved seating, and some "d23 magic" which probably includes a pin. For $30 (or $20 if you go through facebook or group rates), you just get the ticket to go inside the theater with a random choice of seats for you.

• Banned User

Still nothing in Seattle yet. Spokane is in my state, but, about 5 hours away!

• Diva Extrodinaire

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    D23 event for Princess and the Frog.

The $50 package includes a lithograph, mardi gras beads, reserved seating, and some "d23 magic" which probably includes a pin. For $30 (or $20 if you go through facebook or group rates), you just get the ticket to go inside the theater with a random choice of seats for you.
    Lithograph: $20
    Beads: $3
    Seating/Ticket: $30
    Popcorn and Soda: $6
    Parking: $9

TOTAL: $68

Great deal, but why before Thanksgiving? They could have done it on Tuesday/a week later!
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Nerd

Dear D23 Staff. Please more Archives tours (they don't even have to be free!) I couldn't even log in the day we were supposed to sign up...I'm sure they filled up fast...The sign up wasn't very clear.

Also, what about back stage tours at DLR? (again, they don't have to be free)

You could auction off the tours and give the money to charity...or hold a random drawing for them... I really joined D23 so I could go on the Archive tour. Uh..that didn't happen

• Diamond Edition

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    I really joined D23 so I could go on the Archive tour. Uh..that didn't happen
    You joined for the wrong reasons. Events are not a guaranteed part of your D23 membership, but are a wonderful perk if you get to attend one. The studio and archive tour are nearly impossible to get into, as they sell out within minutes. I'm sure they will continue to provide them since they are so popular, but the chances of getting through are pretty slim. You should join D23 because you are a Disney fan and are interested in the magazine and membership gifts. It doesn't hurt to be interested in the Expo and the exclusive merchandise as well, but treat each event as an opportunity that might not be available to you. That way you won't be so disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by markwcricket View Post
    We did the Lion King event here in Vegas. It was fantastic. We got to meet the cast, got some souvineers and the price was about the same as a regular ticket. Not sure how they are running it with the tour, but it was worth it in Vegas.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123