• It was ok but there are issues

8 6.50%
  • They blew it!

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Cars Land Rocks!

Re: Rate D23 Expo 2009

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    The shining jewel was the Parks and Resorts pavilion. Even the archives section felt lacking. I was really expecting to get to see more than that.

Oh well. Here's to next year's!
    I was only there Friday, and I had a good time. I agree with the Parks & Resorts pavilion being the best part of the exhibits area. I think I spent the most time there. and thought it was really well done. I enjoyed talking to the Imagineers that were there.

I liked the archives area, but I was maybe expecting a little more as well. I got to the Expo about 11am, on Friday, so I was able to see all the exhibits fairly easy, since the crowds were not so large. I've been to other conventions, and while it was nice to have so much space in the convention hall, it made it seem like there wasn't much there.

I enjoyed the World of Color presentation, much better than the media presentation that has been posted on You Tube ... I especially enjoyed the animation of what the show will look like.

I'm sure the expo will get better. I think it's on the right track with really just some minor adjustments needed.

• Cake Anyone?

I have never been to an expo/convention like this and I loved it. I spent six hours straight walking and looking and had a great time. Next year I will go two days so I can see everything and go to a lecture.
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

I went all 4 days, i loved them all! We usually left around 4 or 5 though since we were there at 4:30am every morning for vouchers at 5. I was pretty entertained and happy throughout the expo. I wasn't expecting a comic-con like expo, but for their 1st convention, I think it was handled quite well and more organized as the days went on. the dreamstore was a bit disappointing, I thought it was supposed to represent all the parks and have great merchandise you can't find here, but half of it looked like they just brought merch from Disneyland over to sell. They could have briefed the castmembers a bit more on where things were and such, but overall I loved all 4 days and will definately be going back next year!

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

One word..Awesome...I had the greatest time and meeting fellow Disney geeks was the best part..overall it was just fantastic the presatations were outstanding (though some were shorter then others) I can't not wait till next year!! Hope to see everyone next year!!
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

I think they did a great job for their first year. The main thing they need to work on for next year is STARTING EVENTS ON TIME! Everything always seemed to start late from the very first event. The Princess and the Frog presentation didn't even start letting people into the theater until 45 mins AFTER it was scheduled to begin, then adding an electronic check, the line moved VERY slowly into the theater and it started around 90 mins late! Around the time it was scheduled to end is when they actually started it. That was the worst example I personally experienced or heard of.

Also, Disney needs to know their crowds and some events need to be held in larger areas. They did end up switching a few things around on the last day but they should that some of these events were not going to leave a lot of people turned away at the locations they scheduled them in.

Besides starting on time and having a large enough space for events, I think the rest of the event was great.

Somewhere beyond the walls of Disneyland in a land far, far away...

We had a great time, but there is definitely room for improvement. I agree that the biggest improvement needed is making sure the presentations start on time. Because of a presentation starting late and running over, we missed out on getting in line for another presentation.
    As far as the presentations go, by the third day we were so tired of fighting for a spot in presentations, that we decided to forgo the rest of the day and take advantage of the twilight ticket for Disneyland and went to the park (yay Murphy...she's beautiful!)
    Our suggestion is to offer some of the presentations more than once so more people can enjoy them. I love the intimacy of the smaller venues, but having to waste time standing in line, we felt like we were rushed to see the other exhibits. (Don't get me wrong, we saw pretty much everything on the floor)
    We were also disappointed in the Dream Store...but in a way it's a good thing.

We stopped by the Mice Age/Chat booth and I thought it was great! I got to say hi to Al (I like putting faces with names), and I did talk to one person, but I'm kind of shy, so I didn't introduce myself and I couldn't tell you who I talked to either.

Overall, we had a marvelous time! The best "moment" was while in the Archives exhibit, I was looking at the Mary Poppins costume and Richard Sherman walked up and stood right next to me and was showing the costume to his family. I got the chance to say hi and thank him for my favorite song (Feed the Birds)...and reminisce about Walt's 100th birthday celebration.
    The WD Studios presentation was awesome! And I agree that the presentation for Parks and Resorts was lacking in comparison.

We were there for half a day on Thursday, all day Friday and most of the day Saturday (we left after the It's a Small World presentation). We wanted to go to the presentation about the new Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, but we did not know the schedule was changed, so we ended up at IASW instead...oh well.
    Imagination ~ dream a fantastic dream ~ use your imagination

Please visit my store!
    http://www.zazzle.com/carouselofcolor*

My current blog - check it out!
    http://www.thishappyplace.wordpress.com

• Imagineer that!

It was an amazing time. I'm going back next year --

My only regret is getting so caught up in attending the Imagineering events at the expense of not being able to visit the Micechat booth. Very disappointed there, but otherwise a wonderful.

I agree with many statements and totally disagree with some. Agree that they must do a better job starting events on time. Although it seemed to me Iger started only 30 minutes late, no more. If they could do something about all the waiting in lines, that would help as well. After all...if we are standing in a line we arent shopping like they'd like us to do. It was interesting to see them learn with the Storytellers Theater..first, general mayhem, then try a clicker, but then people pop in line to be with friends after the clicker goes by, then the vouchers with the typo, then on Sunday they moved the whole que mess down stairs by the store. (The store could have had more creativity I thought..way too heavy on costumes.)
    I was there all 4 days and thought overall they did a fantastic job. Iger and the Legends, and the studios got the prize for best presentation. I was surprised at the lackluster presentation by parks...yes, no real surprises, but they could have presented all that info with much more flair..have the stormtroopers really storm in instead of just plodding on the stage..have Lightning McQueen squeal onto the stage..stuff like that. If the studio could have a mini Mark Twain for the Muppets, then the parks could have surely followed the bar. Maybe they should have a contest next year on who can do the splashiest show.
    I felt sorry for the ABC viewing area..it seemed they were desperate to get people in there, and there were shows I'd have liked to see, but with all the line waiting and late starts, it just didn't work out.
    Overall I found the exhibits just OK..many seemed to way to small and unimaginative. For example..the EK Success people..nice to have a little project but only the same 2 offered all 4 days, not much room for many to do it and really no info or much display of products or new items. I was looking to forward to purchasing some stuff at other booths (except for the collector's booths) but you couldn't do that. The Lost University was pretty hyped, but really all it was was a room like thing that had a couple computers to sign up. The exhibits really need more excitemment, but the parks one was outstanding.
    Also, next year, PLEASE announce ahead of time which presentations will have electronics checks...naturally I didn't bring my stuff the day they were allowed.
    Overall..still an "A" and looking forward to the bugs worked out next year!

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost View Post
    I think they did a great job for their first year. The main thing they need to work on for next year is STARTING EVENTS ON TIME! Everything always seemed to start late from the very first event. The Princess and the Frog presentation didn't even start letting people into the theater until 45 mins AFTER it was scheduled to begin, then adding an electronic check, the line moved VERY slowly into the theater and it started around 90 mins late! Around the time it was scheduled to end is when they actually started it. That was the worst example I personally experienced or heard of.

Also, Disney needs to know their crowds and some events need to be held in larger areas. They did end up switching a few things around on the last day but they should that some of these events were not going to leave a lot of people turned away at the locations they scheduled them in.

Besides starting on time and having a large enough space for events, I think the rest of the event was great.
    I totally agree with this, and someone had mentioned it earlier in the thread as well. The queue set-up for The Princess and the Frog Panel was absolutely horrible. Not only was the room kinda hot, we stood in line for so long we ended up leaving in the end.

They were checking everyone, one by one, then taking everyone's cell phone/camera and cataloguing by ID. It was insane. They should have been more prepared with extra employees to let people in faster. and this all happened after a 60min+ delay.

• 11 Year Annual Passholder

I had a blast. I would go back in a heartbeat.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I HATED the fact that so much time was wasted because of the camera cellphone checks. HATED it.

What's even worse is that even after you checked everything in, they still had annoying security go down the aisle constantly during the program looking at everyone like they were a criminal.

I think if they're going to do this each time, don't show something you want leaked. Heck, I felt everything shown in the animation panel was either coming out soon or already leaked already. It wasn't really worth it.

Comic-con shows a TON of stuff and they don't do this with people's time.

I too walked out of line for Princess and the Frog too. Truly disappointing how late that one started.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• 11 Year Annual Passholder

^It was really unfortunate, we looked forward to seeing the movie. But we did sneak in and get those trading cards

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I HATED the fact that so much time was wasted because of the camera cellphone checks. HATED it.

What's even worse is that even after you checked everything in, they still had annoying security go down the aisle constantly during the program looking at everyone like they were a criminal.

I think if they're going to do this each time, don't show something you want leaked. Heck, I felt everything shown in the animation panel was either coming out soon or already leaked already. It wasn't really worth it.

Comic-con shows a TON of stuff and they don't do this with people's time.

I too walked out of line for Princess and the Frog too. Truly disappointing how late that one started.
    Considering that, for most of the presentations (outside of the 30 minute clip of the Frog Princess), there was no reason that they couldn't let people take pictures of what was shown. Talk about viral advertising! They announced everything and described it. Then they actually provided most of what was shown to the press themselves.

The PR they would have gotten by people taking pictures and clips of the programs would have been priceless. It would have provided Disney with a big boost for any future D23 Expos and helped promote the films, parks and whatever else they were presenting.

I wish I would have gone all 4 days! I only went yesterday and I had a lot of fun it was very exhausting I loved wathcing Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure and hearing about the new Cars 2 and Toy Story 3
    "Disneyland will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world." -Walt Disney

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

I really enjoyed the expo for the most part.
    Waiting in line sucked, being able to see the whole floor in less than 2 hrs was lame (wish there was more), store was so-so, missing panels stunk, I could go on

But I don't want to cause I want to focus on the good and there was plenty of it (if I ever get to my TR than I'll explain my thoughts further).
    I mean I got to see Muppets, Johnny Depp, John Lasseter, 30 minutes of Princess and the Frog, rare cartoons, cosplayers, the new Cars anamatronic, Lucky, Wall*E, Tony Baxter, Disney Legends, wonderful Micechatters, I could go on and on. I saw in 4 days what most people take years to see or never see at all!

Best part of D23 NO TWILIGHT!!! (sorry, that was our joke all weekend. We may have waited 3 hrs to see Iger but at least we got in b/c there wasn't any Twilight)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast