Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• no flash photography...

Re: Next D23 Day at the Studios & Archives: Sat, Nov 7, 2009

They should open these in the evenings...some people do have day jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by mcow1 View Post
    Cool pictures. It looks like a lot of this is stuff I just stumbled upon while being "lost" on my way to meetings, but where is the statue of walt and mickey located?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

in the Legends plaza in front of the TD bldg.
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2153/...57449bd739.jpg
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Goofy is the man

I was so excited yesterday morning when I got my tickets!! This is the first D23 event I get to go to. I can't wait!! I am on the 10:00 tour.

Angry Re: Next D23 Day at the Studios & Archives: Sat, Nov 7, 2009

i am extremely mad!!
    I was on there at 9:56am waiting for the 10am mark and i kept refreshing the browser it didn't appear until 10:05 then i put in my member number (Hence i was never a D23 Member until now), then it gave me a message saying "sorry you already took a tour this year". So i refreshed the browser once more and it told me it was SOLD OUT!! I WAS SO MAD I BROKE MY KEYBOARD!!! I think its unfair that the tour will only let 50 people in and that i tried and tried and it lied to me and told me that i couldn't get tickets to it anymore. This was going to be my first D23 event i was going to attend but now i can't! I was even late to work cause of waiting in front of my dumb computer for the tickets to be released!! I hope Disney fixes this and will get other D23 members a chance to go to the studios tour after all we are paying $74 a year and then have to pay to go to other extra special events!!

• Diamond Edition

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandFan1997 View Post
    i am extremely mad!!
    I was on there at 9:56am waiting for the 10am mark and i kept refreshing the browser it didn't appear until 10:05 then i put in my member number (Hence i was never a D23 Member until now), then it gave me a message saying "sorry you already took a tour this year".
    That is really weird. Did you enter your member number correctly? Maybe a number was wrong and it thought you were a member who already took one? That's the only thing I can think of.

So i refreshed the browser once more and it told me it was SOLD OUT!! I WAS SO MAD I BROKE MY KEYBOARD!!! I think its unfair that the tour will only let 50 people in and that i tried and tried and it lied to me and told me that i couldn't get tickets to it anymore. This was going to be my first D23 event i was going to attend but now i can't! I was even late to work cause of waiting in front of my dumb computer for the tickets to be released!!
    The Studios and Archives Tours are the hardest events to get into. This is the third one and they have all sold out in less than a minute. I know it's frustrating, but the good news is that these are recurring events and that they do limit members to 1 tour per year. The bad news is that people are constantly joining D23, so I think these events will always be hard to get into. If I were you, I would send a polite email to customer service letting them know the error you got with your account so that they can correct it for next time and hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones who gets through. By the way, I believe they take 150 each day, if I'm not mistaken. They do three tours split into groups of 50. At least that seemed to be what members reported who went on the previous tours.

I think the idea behind charging for events was to decrease the quickness with which they sell out. It seems to have worked for the other events. A lot of members on here complained that if they charged for it, they would have gotten to go. But since this is a recurring event, if they start charging now many will complain that others went for free before and then they will have a whole other problem on their hands. They are almost in a position where they're damned if they do and damned if they don't with these tours. Maybe next time they offer tours, they will add something or change the structure so they aren't the same event and then they can charge a nominal fee that will hopefully cause them to take longer to sell out. Touring the studios and archives is something that every Disney fan has dreamed of.

I hope Disney fixes this and will get other D23 members a chance to go to the studios tour after all we are paying $74 a year and then have to pay to go to other extra special events!!
    I've said this before, but joining D23 never guarantees that you will get to go to an event. They simply state that they have members only events. The $74 gets you a subscription to Disney Twenty-Three, a $60 value, in addition to your membership certificate, card, and gift. With membership, you also get a discount at the D23 Expo and the opportunity to buy exclusive merchandise and attend events. If you joined just for the events, you joined for the wrong reasons as they are first come first served and hard to get into. Again, you were never guaranteed a spot at this or any other D23 event. The best advice I can give is to not expect to get in. That way you won't be so mad when you don't get a spot and will be pleasantly surprised if you do.

I can definitely understand the frustration of not being able to reserve spots for the event. I remember when the first event was made available, I was up in Washington on a business trip and scheduled my entire day around making sure I was available around the 10:00 timeframe to reserve my spot. I was refreshing the page frequently and saw that the spots were made available a few minutes before 10:00. I grabbed my member card, entered the number, double checked the data, then tried to reserve the tickets only to be surprised that they were gone in less than a minute. I was disappointed that I couldn't book a spot for one of the tours and was worried that that was my only chance to see Studios. Then I saw that I wasn't alone and that there were a lot of MCers that weren't able to reserve a spot. But I also saw that there were a few that were able to and I read their hints on how they were able to reserve their spots.

I am one of the lucky ones that was able to book this time and I am going to share what helped me. I think having to enter the member number takes the most time and can cause one to lose the opportunity of reserving a spot. So, I set up a document about an hour or so before the spots were made available and in that document I entered my member number and verified everything was correct. At about 9:50, I copied the member number from my document so that it was ready to be pasted into reservation form and I continuously refreshed the web page after it loaded just to be sure that I didn't miss it when it finally launched. When it did finally launch, I pasted the member number, typed in the names, and didn't take the time to verify my home address was correct. All I wanted to do was to make sure I reserve my spot and it seemed to have worked.

I can't guarantee that it will work for everyone, but I can say that it worked for me and it may work for you next time. Hope this helps
    Last edited by ROBONICS95; 09-19-2009 at 09:52 AM.
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• Goofy is the man

I also typed my number into a Word doc and then just copied and pasted it in at the right time. It seems like every second counts in getting these tickets.

• For You!

So, this tour is just of the studio grounds and the little archives library in the Wells building? I thought you'd get to go see the big archives.

I don't feel so bad about missing out now, a fellow micechatter took me and my family on a private tour a few years back - it was pretty awesome.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12