Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Sip and Stroll at Epcot - Sunday, October 18, 2009

I agree with Werner that a D23 area set aside during the regular festival would have been really nice and would have benefited the most members but the enhancements to this event make it a much better value. Hey, I would have happily pay $5 for a little lounge with a couple of tastes of wine set in such a way as a people watching spot. But I guess that isn't quite flashy enough.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Sip and Stroll just got an additional benefit and the menu has also been announced:

NEW: Two tickets per guest to Disney Quest in Downtown Disney (Orlando)

"Party for the Senses" menu:

• First Course
      Artisan Cheese selection served with Complimenting Accompaniments
    • Second Course
      European Greens tossed with Aged Sherry Vinaigrette served with Warm Goat Cheese Polenta Cake and Heirloom Tomatoes
    • Third Course
      Pan Seared Scallop over Lobster Risotto with Piquillo Peppers and Asparagus
      Perigourdine Braised Beef Shortrib with Parsnip Mash, Crisp Leeks and Petit Brioche
      Pan Seared Poulet Rouge with Wild Mushrooms, Shallots and Fig Reduction
    • Dessert
      Vanilla Bean Gelato with Whiskey Sabayon and Candied Cinnamon Almonds
      Apple Tarte Tatin with Aged Stout Cheddar
      Petit Baileys Chocolate Soufflé served with Crème Anglaise
      Biscotti
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Diamond Edition

YAY! I haven't been to Disney Quest since 2007. I'm so glad I bought tickets to this!

• Diamond Edition

D23's Sip & Stroll is only 4 days away and I'm SUPER excited! I leave for Florida tomorrow after class. I was wondering how many other Mice Chatters are attending this event?

• Diamond Edition

D23's Sip & Stroll was amazing! Some of the highlights included getting to meet Jon Secada after the show, surprise Fast Passes to pretty much every attraction, listening to Fred MacMurry's daughter talk about meeting Walt Disney and being at the grand opening of Epcot, the commemorative Sip & Stroll champagne flutes, and watching Illuminations through special glasses that made Mickey heads appear for every firework. Obviously, there was much much more and I would write a detailed trip report, but I'm really tired. Maybe I'll do one when I have time, but I must say that I hope they do Sip & Stroll again in the future. It was definitely worth the money and we had an amazing time.

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    D23's Sip & Stroll was amazing! Some of the highlights included getting to meet Jon Secada after the show, surprise Fast Passes to pretty much every attraction, listening to Fred MacMurry's daughter talk about meeting Walt Disney and being at the grand opening of Epcot, the commemorative Sip & Stroll champagne flutes, and watching Illuminations through special glasses that made Mickey heads appear for every firework. Obviously, there was much much more and I would write a detailed trip report, but I'm really tired. Maybe I'll do one when I have time, but I must say that I hope they do Sip & Stroll again in the future. It was definitely worth the money and we had an amazing time.
    Oh, I hope we get those fast passes at Magic & Merriment in December! That would be icing on the cake.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    Sounds awesome, I'd love to hear more!!
    --Jonathan

Anyone that attended-

Could you all post photos of all the "handouts" and surprises that you guys received? It would be awesome to see!

Also, trip reports!!!

Howdy,
    Here's a couple links to my trip report of D23's Sip & Stroll

Part 1: D23 Sip and Stroll -- Part 1 of 2 (All Ears® Guest Blog)
    Part 2: D23 Sip and Stroll -- Part 2 of 2 (All Ears® Guest Blog)

Asides from the listed giveaways, we received a Pam Brandon cookbook, got a chance to meet & greet with Jon Secada after the concert, a Party for the Senses Wineglass, an exclusive D23 Sip & Stroll / Arribas Bros glass, and a pair of "3D glasses".

~Cedric

Do you think you could scan and post those letters from D23 found in your welcome packet???

Sure, I'll scan the itinerary/bio pages and post a link when I get home tonight.

Howdy, here are links to scans of the Sip & Stroll packet informations:

Welcome Letter from Steven Clark, Head of D23 -- http://images54.fotki.com/v564/filek...etterLarge.jpg
    D23 Sip and Stroll Itinerary -- http://images54.fotki.com/v564/filew...eduleLarge.jpg

Presenter Biographies (front) -- http://images53.fotki.com/v420/fileV...eet01Large.jpg
    Presenter Biographies (back) -- http://images50.fotki.com/v1513/file...eet02Large.jpg

Andy Trousdale Recipe Sheet for Roasted Beef Tenderloin "Diane" -- http://images52.fotki.com/v734/filei...sdaleLarge.jpg
    Jon Secada's Autograph -- http://images54.fotki.com/v556/filer...graphLarge.jpg

I'm signed up for D23's Magic & Merriment Event in December and will be posting a report on AllEars.net sometime hopefully before the year's end.
    ~Cedric

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12