EVENT UPDATED - Gives well over $290 in tickets, swag, etc. for just $240 per person!
Here's an event that looks fantastic, the Sip & Stroll at Epcot. UPDATED- Read through to my comments at the bottom as this event has been altered since we first announced it. The event now includes several new perks that actually pay you to attend!:
D23 | The Official Community for Disney Fans
D23's Sip and Stroll at Epcot® on Sunday, October 18, 2009
09.22.09 - Join D23 at Epcot® at the Walt Disney World Resort during the annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, as we raise a glass to our wonderful members. Attendees will begin their day in a Hospitality Suite where they will be treated to presentations from some very special guests, including Culinary Confessions of the PTA Divas and Marketplace Cookbook editor Pam Brandon — plus a few truly magical surprises. The Suite will remain open all day for your relaxation and convenience.
Attendees will be able to stroll through the Festival for lunch before enjoying one of two sessions that are part of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival — a mouth-watering culinary demonstration or a wonderful wine tasting — exclusive to D23 Members and their guests.
As evening falls, attendees will receive reserved seating for Jon Secada's "Eat to the Beat" concert at the America Gardens Theatre, before indulging in a private Party for the Senses — the signature dining experience of Food & Wine — just for D23 Members and their guests! And no evening would be complete without VIP viewing of IllumiNations, where attendees will be able to mingle and reminisce about the adventures of their day.
Date: Sunday, October 18, 2009EVENT DETAILS UPDATED: They have enhanced the Sip and Stroll event. It is actually quite enticing. From what I understand, some of this was already in the works but was not confirmed enough to post when the event launched. But whatever the back story, the event is both less expensive for D23 members than a similar event open to regular guests and enhanced with enough perks that it seems as though D23 is practically paying YOU to attend. AWESOME job by D23 on pepping this one up!!!
Location: Epcot, Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida
Time: 9 a.m. Check In, 10 a.m. first presentation
Tickets: Will be available Thursday, September 24 at 10 a.m.
Cost: $240 per person
- NEW: Park admission is now included. Each guest will receive TWO one-day, one-park tickets, so they may then return and enjoy another day at Walt Disney World. (Tickets are good through December 30, 2009.) If you already have park admission, just give the tickets away to a friend - they'll love you forever!
- NEW: Two tickets per guest to Disney Quest in Downtown Disney (Orlando)
- You can buy tickets for up to 3 guests instead of just one.
- Epcot Vice President Dan Cockrell and Marianne Hunnel (the woman who leads the team behind the Festival) have been added to the list of presenters.
- Guests will receive a $50 gift card which they may use to enjoy the fantastic “food and wine” during lunch.
- Each dish at the “Festival for the Senses” will be accompanied by a wine and/or beer pairing. And there will be a live three-piece band performing during the event.
- A specialty dessert will be served during the VIP viewing of IllumiNations.
- Additional unannounced surprises
"Party for the Senses" menuSo you'll get a Gift card: $50
Artisan Cheese selection served with Complimenting Accompaniments
European Greens tossed with Aged Sherry Vinaigrette served with Warm Goat Cheese Polenta Cake and Heirloom Tomatoes
Pan Seared Scallop over Lobster Risotto with Piquillo Peppers and Asparagus
Perigourdine Braised Beef Shortrib with Parsnip Mash, Crisp Leeks and Petit Brioche
Pan Seared Poulet Rouge with Wild Mushrooms, Shallots and Fig Reduction
Vanilla Bean Gelato with Whiskey Sabayon and Candied Cinnamon Almonds
Apple Tarte Tatin with Aged Stout Cheddar
Petit Baileys Chocolate Soufflé served with Crème Anglaise
Two one-day/one-park tickets: $158
Two tickets to Disney Quest: $82
That's over $290 in swag, tickets, etc. plus additional unannounced surprises that I hear are planned for the event.
The cost of the event is only $240 per person, so it actually pays you to attend!
Here's the link everyone: D23 | The Official Community for Disney Fans