Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

EVENT: D23 Magic & Merriment at WDW - December 12 & 13, 2009

As luck would have it, I think I'll already be in Florida when this event takes place, so if I can get tickets, I'll be there! Who wants to join me? This really does look fun and I love all the little perks and extras. Very nice D23!

D23's Magic & Merriment at Walt Disney World - Tickets go on sale Thursday, October 15 at 10 a.m. PST

Saturday, December 12 and Sunday, December 13, 2009

If decked halls, dancing reindeer, sumptuous winter feasts, dazzling decorations and yuletide carols warm your heart and spark your imagination, you'll want to join us at Walt Disney World® as D23 celebrates its first holiday season with our exclusive weekend of festivities, "Magic & Merriment."

The holly jolly happenings begin Saturday morning, December 12, at the D23 Member Lounge in Epcot, where guests will be greeted by the D23 Team and some very merry surprises and special guests that will certainly add some ho-ho-holiday sparkle to your day. The magic-makers at Walt Disney World Holiday Services will then give you a special behind-the-ears glimpse at how they transform Walt Disney World into a sparkling holiday haven — from gigantic candy-coated gingerbread houses and glistening snowfall on Main Street, U.S.A. to twinkling Christmas trees beaming with thousands of lights. You'll then be invited to spend the afternoon enjoying the holiday splendor of Epcot at your own pace before re-joining the group at the America Gardens Theatre as the sun begins to set.

As you nestle into your reserved seat, sit back, snuggle up and delight in the warm embrace of Walt Disney World's perennial Christmas favorite, Candlelight Processional. This time-honored tradition of classic carols and hymns sung by a choir of hundreds will be narrated by renowned singer and actress Vanessa Williams ("Colors of the Wind" from Pocahontas; Ugly Betty). Following this special performance, you will be transported to Disney's Hollywood Studios for a sumptuous holiday feast on one of the park's largest backlot sets – Lights! Motors! Action!™ After the park closes, enjoy "the last ride of the night" on one of the park's signature attractions, and then head over to New York Street for a private viewing of The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights during a special presentation hosted by two of Walt Disney World's top creative minds.

On Sunday, you'll head to the Magic Kingdom for a day of Christmas fantasy and fun in this delightfully wintery wonderland. After a morning of enjoying the park's sparkling holiday majesty, everyone will gather inside Frontierland's iconic Diamond Horseshoe for a private holiday luncheon complete with special entertainment to keep the holiday spirit alive. After dessert, D23 members and their guests will get another "suite" treat… the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for an exclusive tour of the magical Cinderella Castle Dream Suite, situated high above Fantasyland.

Come nightfall, celebrate together at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and relax at D23's private hospitality lounge (located at the Swan Boat Landing in front of Cinderella Castle) for holiday treats and cocoa. You'll also enjoy reserved viewing for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade. Holiday magic abounds, and, of course, it wouldn't be a D23 event without a very special holiday gift to commemorate the weekend! Happy holidays from your friends at D23!

EVENT DETAILS:
    Date: Saturday, December 12 and Sunday, December 13, 2009
    Time: Registration begins at 9 a.m. at the Odyssey Center located in Epcot's Future World (just past Test Track). First presentation begins at 10 a.m.
    Tickets: Tickets will be available Thursday, October 15 at 10 a.m. PST. Members may bring up to three guests.
    Cost: $195 per person

Included with the cost of your ticket:

• Park admission for two days at Walt Disney World
    • Two tickets per guest to Disney Quest in Downtown Disney (Orlando)
    • Access to the D23 Member Lounge Sunday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. at Epcot and Sunday from 7 p.m. – midnight on Sunday at the Magic Kingdom
    • Special morning "Holidays Around the World" presentation with surprises for all guests (Saturday)
    • Guaranteed seating for Candlelight Processional at 5 p.m. (Saturday)
    • Dinner and dessert on the set of Lights! Motors! Action!—includes wine and beer (Saturday)
    • Private presentation of The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights (Saturday)
    • Transportation to and from Epcot to dinner (Saturday)
    • Private luncheon with entertainment inside the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon (Sunday)
    • Reserved parade viewing (Sunday)
    • Cinderella Suite tours (Sunday; Sign up on Saturday morning)
    • Admission to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (Sunday)
    • Special gift for all guests from your friends at D23!

Full event details and ticket information: D23 | The Official Community for Disney Fans
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: EVENT: D23 Magic & Merriment at WDW - December 12 & 13, 2009

Wish they would have announced this earlier. We're arriving mid-day on the 12th. Sounds like a great event, but a bit pricey (although you do get a lot), and if you pay all that and then miss half or more of the first day, doesn't sound like a good deal. Would have loved to see the Cinderella suite.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Sounds awesome!!
    I too wish they would have announced this sooner, as I'll just miss it
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

This looks like a great event. Wish I could afford to go. I'm actually considering not getting my annual pass renewal and doing this instead. I just cant afford it unless they subtract the park tickets since I don't need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
    Wish they would have announced this earlier. We're arriving mid-day on the 12th. Sounds like a great event, but a bit pricey (although you do get a lot), and if you pay all that and then miss half or more of the first day, doesn't sound like a good deal. Would have loved to see the Cinderella suite.
    It's actually quite the deal considering the costs of the tickets on their own.

I live in Florida and with the resident discount a 1 day 1 park pass is still $73. There is a deal running that gets you 3 days for $135, so a two day pass isn't available. Add to that the cost of a Very Merry Christmas ticket ($52), and you've already approached $187. The difference between that and the $195 cost of the event is only $8. The event adds two meals and a whole host of what look like awesome events and experiences. Can you even put a price on getting a peek inside the Castle Suite? It's certainly worth a hell of a lot more than $8.

If you live outside of Florida the 2-Day ticket price is $156. Add to that the $52 for the VMC ticket and you're at $208, so this package actually saves you $13, plus you get all the benefits.

I think I'll be pulling some money out of savings and treating myself and my girlfriend to an amazing weekend.

Of course that all ignores the Disney Quest tickets that are also included. 2 tickets each, which would be $65.42. I doubt I'll even have time to go to Disney Quest though, what with all the things on the itinerary. Plus, DQ is kinda lame IMO. I wonder if they can be traded for cash or credit. I'm guessing probably not, which is a shame because I'd much rather have $64 to spend at the World of Disney store.
    Last edited by StrikerObi; 10-08-2009 at 04:36 PM.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerObi View Post
    It's actually quite the deal considering the costs of the tickets on their own.

I live in Florida and with the resident discount a 1 day 1 park pass is still $73. There is a deal running that gets you 3 days for $135, so a two day pass isn't available. Add to that the cost of a Very Merry Christmas ticket ($52), and you've already approached $187. The difference between that and the $195 cost of the event is only $8. The event adds two meals and a whole host of what look like awesome events and experiences. Can you even put a price on getting a peek inside the Castle Suite? It's certainly worth a hell of a lot more than $8.

If you live outside of Florida the 2-Day ticket price is $156. Add to that the $52 for the VMC ticket and you're at $208, so this package actually saves you $13, plus you get all the benefits.

I think I'll be pulling some money out of savings and treating myself and my girlfriend to an amazing weekend.

Of course that all ignores the Disney Quest tickets that are also included. 2 tickets each, which would be $65.42. I doubt I'll even have time to go to Disney Quest though, what with all the things on the itinerary. Plus, DQ is kinda lame IMO.
    Thank you for breaking that all down for us. It really does look like a good deal.

I just found out that the trip I'm already booked on comes back the day before this event. I'm trying to figure out if I can change my departure date so I can attend this event. It looks fantastic.
    Find us on Facebook:

I'm fortunate enough to already be going to WDW on these dates. I just don't know if I want to cancel my existing, painstakingly set plans for MVMCP, Candlelight Processional, and the DISboards' private party at DHS just to do this. In fact, it looks like there'll be a D23 party and the DIS party going on at DHS simultaneously that night!

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Yeah, this event not only sounds amazing... the price is a real bargain. Compared to the Food & Wine event at $240 for one day... a two day event for less than $200 is a great deal. This is more in line price-wise for what I expected of member events.

Count me as another who really wishes this would have been announced a month ago. I have airfare already booked for a trip right around that time also, and I will probably change to re-book so that I can attend this event... it really looks to be worth it. But after change fees, it will cost me an extra $300!

If the ticket cost for this event was even one more dime, I probably wouldn't go.
    --Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    Yeah, this event not only sounds amazing... the price is a real bargain. Compared to the Food & Wine event at $240 for one day... a two day event for less than $200 is a great deal. This is more in line price-wise for what I expected of member events.

Count me as another who really wishes this would have been announced a month ago. I have airfare already booked for a trip right around that time also, and I will probably change to re-book so that I can attend this event... it really looks to be worth it. But after change fees, it will cost me an extra $300!

If the ticket cost for this event was even one more dime, I probably wouldn't go.
    To be fair the Sip & Stroll event includes a $50 gift card, so it's really a $190 event. Still, it seems a good deal more expensive because of this. It also includes access to the Party for the Senses, which is pretty pricey on it's own. I still think this deal is much better though. It's probably because of the perks. They seem a whole lot cooler than those included with Sip & Stroll.

• Padawan

Found this detail about the park tix in the small print:
    TWO one-day, one-park ticket for EACH GUEST will be available at the Guest Relations window at the Main Entrance to Epcot® on the day of the event. Park tickets and Disney Quest tickets must be used by December 30, 2010.
    This is great; they do not require these tickets to be used "day of event" only (like most DLR special events). As a WDW AP holder, it's great that these are good for a whole year. I can definitely put them to good use on friends or family members when needed at a later date. The value of this package just gets better and better!
    --Jonathan

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I'm changing my travel plans as well so I can attend this event.
    Find us on Facebook:

• Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
    I'm fortunate enough to already be going to WDW on these dates. I just don't know if I want to cancel my existing, painstakingly set plans for MVMCP, Candlelight Processional, and the DISboards' private party at DHS just to do this. In fact, it looks like there'll be a D23 party and the DIS party going on at DHS simultaneously that night!
    DISboards? What's that? I thought MiceChat was the only Disney message boards... lol
    --Jonathan

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    DISboards? What's that? I thought MiceChat was the only Disney message boards... lol

(Doing his best Jedi mind trick) We ARE the only Disney message board. Pay no attention to Lurkyloo, move along, move along . . . .

Find us on Facebook:

Looks like a good package.

Anyone have any idea how many spaces they usually have available for these?
    I see the Sip and Stroll is still open, but I have a feeling this may be much more popular.

• Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by fspadafora View Post
    Looks like a good package.

Anyone have any idea how many spaces they usually have available for these?
    I see the Sip and Stroll is still open, but I have a feeling this may be much more popular.
    Welcome to MiceChat!

I don't know the answer, but I am concerned about the same thing. I am paying a lot of money to re-arrange my flight schedule so that I can attend, so I will be sorely disappointed if I don't get tickets. I too think that with the lower price point this will be much more popular than the Sip & Stroll.

I am hoping that if it does sell out, it will be in a number of days, and not minutes. However with all the other WDW events not filling up, I just can't imagine that all of a sudden this one will sell out instantly. So at least I am pretty confident that if I try at the allotted time when they are released I will get my tix. Well, we will see, one can only hope.
    --Jonathan

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast