Thread: D23 Tweets

D23 Tweets

Yesterday, as we all celebrated Mickey's 81st Birthday, I had a moment of rage when I got this tweet from the folks at D23:

Happy (lucky) 13th birthday, Radio Disney! Launched today 13 pop-filled years ago.
    Fortunately, the moment was fleeting as I got the following tweet only a few moments later:

Happy Birthday, Mickey Mouse!!
    Still, it concerned me that Radio Disney preceded the Mouse. I hope this is not a sign of the times. Seriously, is Radio Disney even on the radar of D23 members?
    Last edited by VonBaroketch; 11-20-2009 at 05:17 PM.
    Ludwig von Baroketch

Kapellmeister, Gracey Estate

Re: D23 Tweets

I am happy they recognized Radio Disney. While it would have been silly to mention RD and not Mickey, Radio Disney is a big part of Disney these days.

They got a lot of attention at the Expo and many of them are huge Disney fans as well.

Not all of us have to love all parts of Disney, but many folks love Radio Disney.

I can understand rage if they didnt recognize Mickey, but I think a lot more D23 members listen to Radio Disney than you think.

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by VonBaroketch View Post
    Yesterday, as we all celebrated Mickey's 81st Birthday, I had a moment of rage when I got this tweet from the folks at D23:

Fortunately, the moment was fleeting as I got the following tweet only a few moments later:

Still, it concerned me that Radio Disney preceeded the Mouse. I hope this is not a sign of the times. Seriously, is Radio Disney even on the radar of D23 members?
    I'm actually glad they did it this way. I get my tweets forwarded to my text (as im sure many do) and if it went first, then it would've gone ignored. I tend to get "text from 404-04 (2)" on my phone a lot and often, since I know it's twitter, I open the texts and read only the first one.

In that logic, making the mouse second was more sensible in my opinion.

• Disney Trivia God

At last count I had 18 messages from D23 last night on my cell phone. Wow, that's a little bit of overkill, don't you think? I mean, I appreciate the occasional update, but my phone was buzzing every couple of minutes with some update from the holiday tour.

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cidbliq View Post
    At last count I had 18 messages from D23 last night on my cell phone. Wow, that's a little bit of overkill, don't you think? I mean, I appreciate the occasional update, but my phone was buzzing every couple of minutes with some update from the holiday tour.
    haha yeah, i thought it was a bit much. it wasn't really anything interesting or revealing. it was just tweets like, getting of it's a smallworld or getting on HMH. they ate up a lot of my texts haha.

they should've just wrote one good article and tweeted a "trip report"

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Well, on Facebook, D23 wished Mickey a happy birthday first then Radio Disney, if that helps you feel better.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    haha yeah, i thought it was a bit much. it wasn't really anything interesting or revealing. it was just tweets like, getting of it's a smallworld or getting on HMH. they ate up a lot of my texts haha.

they should've just wrote one good article and tweeted a "trip report"
    hehe they did tweet a trip report that gets a thumbs up in my books