• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Thumbs up D23 Holiday Membership Special $10 Discount

Just in time for holiday gift giving, D23 is running a special discount off regular membership rates. The offer is only available through the end of the year. Here are the details from the press release.

D23 PRESENTS SPECIAL HOLIDAY OFFER

ON 2009 CHARTER YEAR MEMBERSHIPS

BURBANK, CA – December 18, 2009 – It’s the perfect Disney gift for the holidays, one that wraps a full year of Disney discoveries into a single package – and from now until Dec. 31, a D23 Charter Membership is being offered at a special price of $64.99, giving Disney fans a final chance to become a charter-year member of D23: The Official Community for Disney Fans.

This special holiday offer is only available through the end of 2009, which ensures that brand-new members will receive an exclusive, charter-year gift.

“Charter membership will never be available again once 2009 ends, so this is a perfect holiday gift for a Disney fan,” said Steven Clark, head of D23. *“Being a Charter Member in D23 is a special designation for Disney fans who have been with us from the very beginning, and we think this is a great last-minute gift for the holidays.”

A D23 Charter Membership includes a one year subscription to the stunning quarterly publication Disney twenty-three (which has a retail cover price of $15.95 an issue); a personalized membership card and certificate; access to special merchandise; and the chance to take part in amazing Disney events and experiences available only to D23 members. In addition, D23 members receive the bi-weekly D23 FanFare e-newsletter, as well as a special gift from the Walt Disney Archives Collection—a limited edition lithograph of Mickey Mouse’s 80th anniversary portrait.

About D23

The name “D23” pays homage to the wonder and excitement that began in 1923 when Walt Disney opened his fledgling studio in Hollywood.* D23 is the first official community for fans in Disney’s 85-year history.* D23 gives its members a greater connection to the entire world of Disney by placing them in the middle of the magic through its quarterly publication Disney twenty-three; a rich Web site at D23 | The Official Community for Disney Fans a new collectibles line, The Walt Disney Archives Collection; and special events for D23 Members throughout the year.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Not a Minion

re: D23 Holiday Membership Special $10 Discount

Read about this on their facebook posting too!

But isn't it $10 off? I recall paying $74.99 for my membership or am I just remembering incorrectly?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

re: D23 Holiday Membership Special $10 Discount

You are right Ryan. I was thinking I paid $85. I've fixed my post above.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Diamond Edition

Re: D23 Holiday Membership Special $10 Discount

This is awesome! I might have to give a membership to my uncles for Christmas now.
    I'm attempting to watch and review every Disney movie ever made in my blog called The Disney Films. You can also follow me on Twitter for news on upcoming Disney films.

• Hukuna Matata!

I wonder if we can renew early and still get the discount?

• Diamond Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    I wonder if we can renew early and still get the discount?
    I had the same question, but it's only good for charter year memberships. As of now, D23 hasn't released information on how to renew or when we will be allowed to do it (I hope to renew before the first issue of 2010 is shipped).
    I'm attempting to watch and review every Disney movie ever made in my blog called The Disney Films. You can also follow me on Twitter for news on upcoming Disney films.

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    I had the same question, but it's only good for charter year memberships. As of now, D23 hasn't released information on how to renew or when we will be allowed to do it (I hope to renew before the first issue of 2010 is shipped).
    Charter membership should include the first 2010 issue. Membership includes 4 magazines and so far, we've only gotten 3.

I'm just curious as to how renewal will work. There would be many ways to do it, but I'm hoping they allow us to maintain one D23 account so on their systems, it'll continuously show how long we've been members (similar to the Disneyland AP system where we are issued new cards each year, but maintain one account so we can go in and ask how many times we've been in a year).

• World Traveler

When it gets to $25, let me know. $65 is still way too much.

• Diamond Edition

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    Charter membership should include the first 2010 issue. Membership includes 4 magazines and so far, we've only gotten 3.
    We've gotten 4. Spring (Walt), Summer (Donald), Fall (Haunted Mansion) and Winter (Princess and the Frog). If you join now at the discounted price, your first issue will be the Winter 2009 issue and you will get 3 of the 2010 issues, but not the full year. It would defeat the purpose to buy an additional membership at the discounted price and use that as your renewal because you will still miss the Winter 2010 issue.

I'm just curious as to how renewal will work. There would be many ways to do it, but I'm hoping they allow us to maintain one D23 account so on their systems, it'll continuously show how long we've been members (similar to the Disneyland AP system where we are issued new cards each year, but maintain one account so we can go in and ask how many times we've been in a year).
    I'm sure it will be like renewing any club membership. They will probably send out emails with a link to renew and set up a new option on the Disney Store website for renewing a current membership. I hope that the membership cards for the second year will have something to indicate that you were a charter member.

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by goofystitch View Post
    We've gotten 4. Spring (Walt), Summer (Donald), Fall (Haunted Mansion) and Winter (Princess and the Frog). If you join now at the discounted price, your first issue will be the Winter 2009 issue and you will get 3 of the 2010 issues, but not the full year. It would defeat the purpose to buy an additional membership at the discounted price and use that as your renewal because you will still miss the Winter 2010 issue.

I'm sure it will be like renewing any club membership. They will probably send out emails with a link to renew and set up a new option on the Disney Store website for renewing a current membership. I hope that the membership cards for the second year will have something to indicate that you were a charter member.
    Oh wow, that went by fast. All along, I was thinking I'd be getting one more issue . Silly me forgetting about one issue.