• Not a Minion

D23 Event Thoughts

So, I just read the article D23 wrote for Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln and it sparked some event ideas.

What if D23 hosted events for attraction openings? It could either be member previews a few days before the official opening, or better yet, what if they were able to pull together the imagineers responsible for the ride's creation and have a panel discussion where invited members could ask imagineers questions regarding the ride and it's creation

Also, I just came to think, why not a tour of Walt Disney Imagineering in Glendale? The studio tours were great and for 2010, I think it'd be a huge improvement if they were able to pull together an Imagineering tour.

What are your thoughts on these?

• DMTNT

Re: D23 Event Thoughts

Great idea ryanvalle.

I would love a D23 members-only preview of World of Color.

At the Expo, they had a little taste of Imagineering in the Parks pavilion. It would be great to actually get to go to Glendale and see them in action.

• Diamond Edition

I love both ideas. My boyfriend and I want to take a trip to Disneyland when World of Color opens and we are pretty much just waiting to find out if there will be a D23 event based around it (or any So Cal D23 event for that matter).

I've always wanted to tour the Disney studios and Imagineering (and Muppet Studios), so if D23 is able to open those doors to members, that would be fantastic!
    I'm attempting to watch and review every Disney movie ever made in my blog called The Disney Films. You can also follow me on Twitter for news on upcoming Disney films.

• Hukuna Matata!

I would love to see everything with a group of my friends and peers before everyone else. I missed the up premiere, But I am ready for the next event, I just hope I am fast enough to snag some tickets.

Cool idea

Great ideas for new D23 events! A WDI tour with a panel of Imagineers and a shopping op at Mickey's would be ideal!!!!

I am hoping that there will be a D23 March 4 midnight showing of the new Alice movie at the El Capitan. It would be nice to have a pre-movie dinner at the Tam O'shanter, then dessert at the Disney Soda Fountain, followed by the movie.
    Mike L
    Premier Annual Passport
    D23 Charter Member

'09 - D23 Expo, Princess & the Frog preview, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '10 - 1st Anniversary Party, Roy Disney Tribute, Pollyanna screening, Toy Story Marathon, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Dateline Disneyland 1955, Secretariat preview, Destination D, Zorro screening, Tangled preview
    '11 - Love is Magical, 2nd Anniversary Mixer, Absent Minded Professor screening, Destination D, Studio Tour, Sci-Fi Academy, D23 Expo (premier), Babes in Toyland screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '12 - Newsies screening, Journey to Marceline tour, Sister Act screening, Brave preview, Brave artists meet/greet/screening, Treasures Exhibit - Reagan Library preview, Timothy Green premiere, Destination D (diamond), Treasure Island screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '13 - El Capitan Peter Pan Panel & Screening, Disney Video Game Unveiling, Fanniversary, OZ preview, Son of Flubber screening, Summer Magic screening, Tiki Room 50th anniversary, D23 Expo (sorcerer), Sword in the Stone screening, Hocus Pocus screening, Frozen preview, 20,000 Leagues screening
    '14 - Pirate Fairy screening, Rebel Rendezvous, Three Musketeers screening, Mr. Toad screening, Snow White screening, Big Hero 6 preview, Little Mermaid screening, Destination D

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by btowndude View Post
    Great ideas for new D23 events! A WDI tour with a panel of Imagineers and a shopping op at Mickey's would be ideal!!!!

I am hoping that there will be a D23 March 4 midnight showing of the new Alice movie at the El Capitan. It would be nice to have a pre-movie dinner at the Tam O'shanter, then dessert at the Disney Soda Fountain, followed by the movie.
    Great idea! I also would like to see one for Prince of Persia and Toy Story 3.

And now that Marvel is getting bought out by Disney, how about one for Iron Man 2 (just kidding on that one hehe)

But also, I hope it'll be more like the Up all night event where they have a larger capacity booth. Perhaps they can also offer two packages instead of one. One package would be for a simple movie with popcorn like the Up event and another package where a dinner and dessert is tacked on to the movie. To add in value to the dinner packages, maybe they can get some people involved with the movie to be at the dinner itself. I'm sure there'd be people willing to dine with the stars (and if they are able to get Johnny Depp to attend such event, I'm sure people would definitely line up for that exclusive dinner package).

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I just want more lead time for events so people from out of town can plan to go to them.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...