Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1

    • MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Temple of the Forbidden Eye
    Posts
    13,756
    Blog Entries
    3

    D23 Renewal Info and Gifts

    Just got my renewal info email from D23. The gift this year is a 23 month calendar of "Masterpieces" that never made their way to the public (unrealized movies, etc.). No matter when you renew, you'll get at least a year out of the new calendar since it is 23 months instead of just 12. I believe that the first month of the new calendar is actually February.

    Renew at least 30 days prior to your renewal date and you'll also get a Tinkerbell pin.

    We’re so happy that you’ve been a part of D23 in our charter year! We hope that you will renew with us for 12 more spectacular months as we create new and wonderful Disney memories together. Your current D23 membership will expire at the end of 2010-xx-xx. If you renew now you won’t miss a minute of the magic! Your 2010 membership will include:

    • A one-year subscription to Disney twenty-three (four publications)
    • A 2010 membership card
    • Our 2010 member gift, Disney Undiscovered: A 23-Month Calendar of Disney's Unrealized Masterpieces from the Walt Disney Archives Collection. This vibrant piece offers rare and never-before-seen images from Disney parks, animation, and live action films.
    • The opportunity to attend numerous D23 Member events throughout the year
    • Access to special D23 Member exclusive merchandise in "Boutique 23"
    • The D23 FanFare, a biweekly e-newsletter just for D23 members

    And if you renew 30 days before your membership expires, you will receive an exclusive D23 one year pin featuring our favorite fairy, Tinker Bell! This beautiful item is not available for purchase and is just for D23 Members who renew with this offer.

    To renew your membership today visit DisneyStore.com/D23Renewal
    Find us on Facebook:

    .

    How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,



  2. #2

    • Diamond Edition
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    543

    Re: D23 Renewal Info and Gifts

    I renewed the other day and bought my mom a gold membership since I no longer live with my parents and she loved the magazine.
    I'm attempting to watch and review every Disney movie ever made in my blog called The Disney Films. You can also follow me on Twitter for news on upcoming Disney films.

  3. #3

    • Nerd
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,363

    Re: D23 Renewal Info and Gifts

    I don't think I'll renew this year. Not really sure what you get for the $$$. I'd rather spend the $75 on corn dogs at the park. The magazine is beautiful but I didn't feel very interesting to read. The events were impossible to get into, except the candle light procession which was kind of expensive. The Expo was very nice but you don't need to be a member to attend that. Oh well, gave it a try. Not for me.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror



    Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

  4. #4

    • Wilderness Explorer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,340

    Re: D23 Renewal Info and Gifts

    Does anyone know if there's any way of buying the Calendar?
    I feel like I'd rather pay, let's say, $30 to get the Calendar 8 months early and get a little more use out of it.
    I love the look of it and would really enjoy having it in my room.

  5. #5

    • MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Temple of the Forbidden Eye
    Posts
    13,756
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: D23 Renewal Info and Gifts

    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    Does anyone know if there's any way of buying the Calendar?
    I feel like I'd rather pay, let's say, $30 to get the Calendar 8 months early and get a little more use out of it.
    I love the look of it and would really enjoy having it in my room.
    Go ahead and renew now if you'd like. They'll ship your calendar early. But your membership will simply be extended an additional 12 months. So there's no problem with renewing early.
    Find us on Facebook:

    .

    How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,



  6. #6

    • Wilderness Explorer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,340

    Re: D23 Renewal Info and Gifts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Go ahead and renew now if you'd like. They'll ship your calendar early. But your membership will simply be extended an additional 12 months. So there's no problem with renewing early.
    Well that's probably a bigger waste of money :P
    I'll just wait 8 months haha.

  7. #7

    • Disneyland PAP
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Harbor City, CA
    Posts
    1,298

    Re: D23 Renewal Info and Gifts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Just got my renewal info email from D23. The gift this year is a 23 month calendar of "Masterpieces" that never made their way to the public (unrealized movies, etc.). No matter when you renew, you'll get at least a year out of the new calendar since it is 23 months instead of just 12. I believe that the first month of the new calendar is actually February.

    Renew at least 30 days prior to your renewal date and you'll also get a Tinkerbell pin.
    This past year, I got in on the free tour of the WD Studios and Archives and that's it as far as unique opportunities I got with my membership. I went to the D23 Expo, but as others have said, it wasn't a members-only event. And while I opened every shipper package I received to check out the freebie inside, I never once opened my four issues of Disney Twenty-Three magazine to even browse through. So I was originally leaning towards not renewing untll I read about the Tink pin. I'm getting tempted by one exclusive Tink swag. Geez! lol

  8. #8

    • Not a Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,753

    Re: D23 Renewal Info and Gifts

    Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    This past year, I got in on the free tour of the WD Studios and Archives and that's it as far as unique opportunities I got with my membership. I went to the D23 Expo, but as others have said, it wasn't a members-only event. And while I opened every shipper package I received to check out the freebie inside, I never once opened my four issues of Disney Twenty-Three magazine to even browse through. So I was originally leaning towards not renewing untll I read about the Tink pin. I'm getting tempted by one exclusive Tink swag. Geez! lol
    Why not renew with a silver membership if you don't intend on reading the magazines?

    I just renewed with the Gold figuring that I read the magazines enough to justify the cost (however, I fear reading them because I'd hate to damage them!) haha

  9. #9

    • Having a Grand Day!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: D23 Renewal Info and Gifts

    Anybody who has renewed - Has you renewal gone through? I ordered mine as part of a larger order, and the Merch has shipped but the D23 renewal is just sitting there.

  10. #10

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL
    Posts
    98

    Re: D23 Renewal Info and Gifts

    Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane View Post
    Anybody who has renewed - Has you renewal gone through? I ordered mine as part of a larger order, and the Merch has shipped but the D23 renewal is just sitting there.

    Same thing happened with me. I ordered a large merchandise order, which was shipped immediately, but the renewal has not been processed. I renewed early for the sake of getting the calendar. I will be disappointed if I don't get to hang it up during January (unless the calendar begins with a month later than January).
    Ludwig von Baroketch

    Kapellmeister, Gracey Estate

  11. #11

    • MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Temple of the Forbidden Eye
    Posts
    13,756
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: D23 Renewal Info and Gifts

    Quote Originally Posted by VonBaroketch View Post
    Same thing happened with me. I ordered a large merchandise order, which was shipped immediately, but the renewal has not been processed. I renewed early for the sake of getting the calendar. I will be disappointed if I don't get to hang it up during January (unless the calendar begins with a month later than January).
    My guess is that they will process the renewals just as soon as the calendars are ready to ship (still being printed most likely).
    Find us on Facebook:

    .

    How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,



  12. #12

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    All smiles at the DL!
    Posts
    20,517
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: D23 Renewal Info and Gifts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    My guess is that they will process the renewals just as soon as the calendars are ready to ship (still being printed most likely).
    And I believe the calendar starts in Feb
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...





  13. #13

    • Diamond Edition
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    543

    Re: D23 Renewal Info and Gifts

    I don't think any 2010 memberships have shipped yet. I renewed mine and bought a membership for my mom and neither have shipped yet. Patience is a virtue.
    I'm attempting to watch and review every Disney movie ever made in my blog called The Disney Films. You can also follow me on Twitter for news on upcoming Disney films.

  14. #14

    • Disney Trivia God
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Papillion, NE
    Posts
    242

    Re: D23 Renewal Info and Gifts

    If the next issue is out Feb 2, I'd expect everything to ship around that time. Maybe? Pleeeease?

  15. #15

    • D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NO CALIF
    Posts
    741

    Re: D23 Renewal Info and Gifts

    Mine was not a renewal but a new membership I recieved my card, and info, the first year gift of the Mickey "Smile " litho and today the new 23 magazine...but no Calender as of today... are they not out yet , or should I call and try to find it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] AP Renewal
    By sleepybear in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 12:02 PM
  2. [Question] AP Renewal
    By 4Apples4Disney in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 07:54 PM
  3. AP renewal
    By startours1 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 08:57 AM
  4. AP Renewal
    By elly in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 08:15 PM
  5. AP Renewal...
    By iluvdisney01 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 12:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •