Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: D23 Mary Poppins Discount: Friday, January 22, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by malice View Post
    I procrastinated and the event is "sold-out" but there are still seats available via the box office. If I purchase a pair of non-discount tickets will I be able to attend the D23 post-show event given I flash my member card?
    Unfortunately that won't work. They have a limit on the number of people they can accomidate. Sorry about that,

dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Not a Minion

spoiler alert!
    Spoiler
    When Club members will get an exclusive post-show experience with the “Mary Poppins” cast. Which will include an appearance by an actor who appeared in the classic 1964 film (Anyone care to Bert … er … bet who that might be?).

• Not a Minion

Question: Is there a required dress code for attending this event? I haven't been to a theater before, at least not this awesome, and dont want to get kicked out for wearing something inappropriate...

• Mortals pay a token fee.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    Question: Is there a required dress code for attending this event? I haven't been to a theater before, at least not this awesome, and dont want to get kicked out for wearing something inappropriate...
    You won't get kicked out for whatever you wear. I've seen cut off jeans and T-Shirts at theatres lately even though it is frowned upon (well, at least I do). Business casual is what a recommend (for guys, slacks & collared shirt - any type). But most likely you'll see everything from 3 piece suits to (ugh...) cut-off jeans and flip flops.

• Not a Minion

So who's going to the event tomorrow?

I'm tempted to bring my nicer camera but fear security will just tell me to put it away since photographs aren't allowed DURING the show. I'm hoping to use it for the post-show experience. I guess to play it safe, I should just bring a standard point and shoot...

So who's going to the event tomorrow?

I'm tempted to bring my nicer camera but fear security will just tell me to put it away since photographs aren't allowed DURING the show. I'm hoping to use it for the post-show experience. I guess to play it safe, I should just bring a standard point and shoot...
    CAMERAS
    The photographing or sound recording of any performance or the possession of any device for such photographing or sound recording inside the theatre, without the written permission of the management, is prohibited by law. Offenders may be removed without refund.
    Sounds like a large gray area. I'd call and ask.

• Diamond Edition

To answer both of your questions, from an experienced theater goer there is something called "theater etiquette." You aren't required to dress up... but you are expected to. You will see people in jeans and t-shirts, but it is frowned upon. It's sort of a tradition to dress up when you go to the theater.

And cameras are not allowed in theaters. There won't be security or a bag check, so if you have it and it's concealed, nobody will know. But the ushers do watch for cameras and will ask you to put it away or leave if you use it. When I went to The Little Mermaid, the guy in front of me took a picture with his phone of the curtain before it started and an usher arrived within 30 seconds telling him not to take pictures. And the first time I saw Wicked, I saw someone get kicked out for recording some of the show.

I would say bring a smaller camera because they might have a photo opportunity during the D23 event after the show. They didn't do one when I went in Chicago, but they did one in New York so perhaps they will do one for the 2nd L.A. event.

And have fun! Mary Poppins is amazing! I've seen it twice and would jump at the chance to see it again.
    I'm attempting to watch and review every Disney movie ever made in my blog called The Disney Films. You can also follow me on Twitter for news on upcoming Disney films.

• Not a Minion

Thanks for the responses. I did ask when I bought tickets and was just told that if you're caught using it during the show, you'll be kicked out.

But with everyones clarification, I'll leave my slr camera at home and take something I can store away. Thanks!

• Disgruntled Former CM

Wink Re: D23 Mary Poppins Discount: Friday, January 22, 2010

spoiler alert!
    Spoiler
    When Club members will get an exclusive post-show experience with the “Mary Poppins” cast. Which will include an appearance by an actor who appeared in the classic 1964 film (Anyone care to Bert … er … bet who that might be?).

I am going to see the show on Sunday, Jan 24

Spoiler
    You are correct: I understand that Dick Van Dyke contacted the Mary Poppins Tour and said that he would love to "make an appearance" in the show if at all possible. I understand that Mr. Van Dyke is to be put into the show for tonight's performance for one number (I don't know which one, but I know that an entire audience is going to lose their cookies...)

I wish that I could be there tonight; it's going to be wonderful...
    "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

See you all tonight! I'll be there with Fishbulb, Al Lutz and Monorail Man. Please stop by and say hello if you spot us before or after the show.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Not a Minion

I'll try, but having not ever met you, can't really say hello if I dont know how you look like! haha

Anyways, if you spot me, im the one to the left:

(this was the best picture i had on hand where i'm not being silly in front of the camera)

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Sounds like fun...I hope you guys have a great time. We WILL expect complete TRs!

Stay warm and dry!

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post
    I am going to see the show on Sunday, Jan 24

Spoiler
    You are correct: I understand that Dick Van Dyke contacted the Mary Poppins Tour and said that he would love to "make an appearance" in the show if at all possible. I understand that Mr. Van Dyke is to be put into the show for tonight's performance for one number (I don't know which one, but I know that an entire audience is going to lose their cookies...)

I wish that I could be there tonight; it's going to be wonderful...
    I'm using spoiler tags for two reasons for this one:
    1. they're fun to use
    2. because i dont want my comment to entice people to read your comment to then read my original spoiler comment haha

Spoiler
    NOOO!!! I love my cookies!!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Have fun guys!!! Mary Poppins is really different than the movie and a lot more scarier but still pretty good! Can't wait for trip reports!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

But with everyones clarification, I'll leave my slr camera at home and take something I can store away. Thanks!
    I couldn't find my battery charger... This is why I like cameras that allow AAs... Oh wait! I have one of those! Now I have to find it. ACK! Leaving in 14 minutes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast