Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: D23 announces 2010 special events schedule

If the event is going to be at all interesting, then I'll probably go for it. I've been to SF Pride before, so it's not like I've never experienced being around thousands of other gays, lol.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

So do we want to start a pool on the amount that the Disneyland aniversary event will be? I am thinking 99.99 per person. Worth it? can't say yet..not enough details and havent been there .I am thinking it cant be as much as Candlelight no dinner and after party...It cant be on the line of the studio tour , much more involved. Does it include park admission??? If you have an AP is it discounted??? What time is the event... 3hrs? 4hrs? too many unanswered questions . But

Okay Disneyjunkie, I'll play.

The big variable is whether they will require you to get a ticket with the package. In the past that seems to be the case. Nice touch if they came up with a AP package as I know there must be a lot of crossover. I am going to say $175 and I kind of think I am low.

• Not a Minion

Definitely nothing less than $100 I'm sure.

For more exact guesstimates, they need to provide details. Is it all day? Evening only? Is food provided as part of the fees or if they'll charge extra? Discount pricing for AP? Who's going to be there? etc etc et...

Say if it's all day reservation with a few kick off events here and there to keep it more like a 1 year anniversary party, then I would say that it can run upwards for $200+. The easiest budgeting method would be if they offer one ticket level with no options for APs. If they offer something for APs, then pricing may be higher for everyone to recover some costs to those entering with an already provided admission ticket...

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

....will take over Fantasyland for one amazing night.....indicates evening event... also dessert... once again evening written all over it. This is sort of like solving a puzzel until more details are releeased. Now I am thinking about 125.00 not including admission.

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYJUNKIE View Post
    ....will take over Fantasyland for one amazing night.....indicates evening event... also dessert... once again evening written all over it. This is sort of like solving a puzzel until more details are releeased. Now I am thinking about 125.00 not including admission.
    Cool. I tend to read over the details, but with that said, I think a 125 to 175 pricetag on the event would be reasonable?

• Mousekateer!

it would be nice if they did something for people who already have tickets to the park for that day, like just pay the extra... i planned on getting a regular park ticket from a friend who can't make their planned trip in march, it would be kinda annoying to have to purchase a ticket on top of the d23 event

Blog Entries

Well, the cheaper option to join and the event lineup are enough to get me to sign up. Toby Tyler is one of my all-time favorite movies and I can not pass up even the chance to see it on the big screen. I will try to get tickets to Swiss Family Robinson and Pollyanna as well.

The Disneyland event sounds awesome, but like the rest of you, I will need to see pricing.

Edit: I just noticed you need your membership number to register for events. I am concerned because tickets for the screening are available January 26th. Will I have my number by then?
    Last edited by nursemelis374; 01-18-2010 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Question

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nursemelis374 View Post
    Edit: I just noticed you need your membership number to register for events. I am concerned because tickets for the screening are available January 26th. Will I have my number by then?
    As soon as you buy it you have your number. It is right on the e-mail confirmation of your order
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by MrScroogeMcDuck View Post
    Hmm, I just realized that the 40th anniversary archive event conflicts with SF Pride. Will have to know more details about the archive event before I decide which to attend.
    I just realized that the 1st Annivesary event in WDW also conflicts with WinterPride in Whistler, BC. It was moved to the first week in March this year because of the Olympics. Looks like I will have to make some changes to my travel schedule. I'm sad I will miss Whistler Gay Ski Week and NYC Pride!
    --Jonathan

• Your Average Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jcman3777 View Post
    No D23 Expo this year?
    Steven Clark has indicated that there are plans to have another D23 expo. Although no dates are set, at least we now know that they are at least planning another expo!!!!
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 01-19-2010 at 01:13 PM. Reason: removed link

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

I see that January 26 is the date that tix become available for the studio/archives tours and the movie screenings... but no date is set for the Anniversary events yet. As I plan to travel to FL and then back again to attend both the WDW and DLR events, I really wish they would release more info and set the availability dates. March is only a little over a month away, and I can't plan travel unless I have the full info and am sure I can get tix.

Come on D23, we need the info!
    --Jonathan

• Not a Minion

Perhaps they'll announce things after the 26th. THinking about it, the 26th will be a busy day for the d23 servers being that they'll have around 700 seats being registered for their events 50 for the tours times 6 tours = 300 seats plus 400 for the screening, 700 seats. Maybe they want to test the servers to see how they'll handle before they make a final announcement for the party registrations because im sure those will be high, if not higher, numbers...

Has anyone figured out a strategy for getting both a tour ticket and a movie ticket on January 26? I am getting a little anxious over the process, given the history of D23 sign-ups.
    Ludwig von Baroketch

Kapellmeister, Gracey Estate

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VonBaroketch View Post
    Has anyone figured out a strategy for getting both a tour ticket and a movie ticket on January 26? I am getting a little anxious over the process, given the history of D23 sign-ups.
    Best bet is to get together with a friend who also has a D23 membership. One of you attempt to get the tour tickets and the other the movie screening.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast