Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Re: D23 announces 2010 special events schedule

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    Ok, I am totally pissed! I waitlisted for the 2/13 tour before I went ahead and checked the 4/10 tour and it's telling me that I am not allowed to buy tix because I already attended a tour!!
    Yeah.....same here. If Disney would have opened all of the links at the same time, I could have gotten tix for the April tour.

Thanks so much for that info! I too have had guest's flake out in the past. Really great info to know.

• D23 Lover!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob33 View Post
    Thanks so much for that info! I too have had guest's flake out in the past. Really great info to know.
    Yeah, my best friend and I are both D23 memebers, so we always both try for tickets, putting each other as the guest's name. Then, if we both get in, we change the name. It's actually been quite helpful in getting tickets to the events.

And... we're going to Toby Tyler! Wooo! We went on the tour last year so we didn't want to take up the spaces that could be used for others that haven't seen it yet.

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by *Arielle* View Post
    Yeah, my best friend and I are both D23 memebers, so we always both try for tickets, putting each other as the guest's name. Then, if we both get in, we change the name. It's actually been quite helpful in getting tickets to the events.

And... we're going to Toby Tyler! Wooo! We went on the tour last year so we didn't want to take up the spaces that could be used for others that haven't seen it yet.
    I don't think they would even allow for repeat visitors...

• D23 Lover!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    I don't think they would even allow for repeat visitors...

I think you can go once per year.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Correct. If you went last year, you can technically go again. Though it was VERY kind of you to give others a shot at it
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Is that the same for the screenings too? I hope not, because I'd like to attend a few of them..

• D23 Lover!

Quote Originally Posted by disney33 View Post
    Is that the same for the screenings too? I hope not, because I'd like to attend a few of them..
    I'm pretty sure it's just specific to the tours. I haven't read anywhere about there being a limit to the screenings.

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disney33 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's just specific to the tours. I haven't read anywhere about there being a limit to the screenings.
    I too will agree with Arielle here. Tours are limited one per year to prevent hogging of the seats. Some people have advantages over others due to internet connection speeds, computer speeds, typing speed, schedule availability to apply, and they want to make sure that others don't get to do more than one tour when others are trying their best to attend.

On the other hand, screenings and other events aren't like that since they are more available and less in demand.

Re: Disneyland 1st anniversary party coming up

Well, now that this group of event registrations is behind us ... I see the Disneyland hours schedule has been updated just through March 10, and the Park is open to the public through 8 pm - so the 1st anniversary party most likely will be starting then, or later. I enjoyed tremendously the "Enchanted Evening" Mr. Toad event a number of years ago - could it be 10 or more already? But it was wonderful, and this could be similar. However, I would be a little surprised if they offer a discount for passholders, as in the past a special park event after hours would not have been included in annual pass to begin with, so the position has been that no discount was offered. We will see, and I am not an annual passholder, but I suspect tickets will be $100 a person - hopefully not more, and perhaps less.

For me, though, on a weeknight and living some distance away, it may not be a possibility. I imagine more information will be coming soon, and that they wanted to see the response to the studio tour registration process and price point. I am certain the 3/10 party will be great to attend, it just might be too late at night for this guy!

35 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    If you went last year, you can technically go again. Though it was VERY kind of you to give others a shot at it
    I agree. Thank You!

Especially because there are some of us who have yet to be able to do the tour at all. (I've been wait-listed several times without success.) So, for me, D23's "once a year" restriction isn't strong enough.

I don't seem to find the year long list of events posted on the D23 site anymore. Is it me or did they pull it down?

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by rlp View Post
    I don't seem to find the year long list of events posted on the D23 site anymore. Is it me or did they pull it down?
    Im guessing it's there somewhere, but the link has been pulled off the home page.

The nice thing is that micechat's own Dusty has got a copy of it on this thread.
    D23 announces 2010 special events schedule

The larger list of 2010 events were only listed on a press release and never on the actual d23 events page.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

UPDATE:
    D23's Flowers and Fireworks event will be held at Walt Disney World May 15 and 16, 2010. More details will be announced soon!

Date has been changed on the initial post in this thread.

Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by btowndude View Post
    I too am hoping to attend the Flowers & Fireworks weekend and then stay on for Gay Days 2010. But, I have a feeling that the F&F event will be moved. The Epcot Flower and Garden Festival ends May 16 this year, not the usual last weekend in May.
    Looks like you were 100% right! So much for my theories. lol
    --Jonathan

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast