Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Re: D23 announces 2010 special events schedule

Is anyone planning to attend the D23 Disneyland first anniversary party?

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    Is anyone planning to attend the D23 Disneyland first anniversary party?
    Planning on it. Just need to get the tickets first!
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 63!
    D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Wow, the WDW Anniversary event is already half sold out. There are two choices for dinner seating, 4:30p and 6:30p. The 6:30p seating is showing as waitlisted already! I think this event will sell out sooner than I thought.

[edit] Wow, it's already sold out! I really didn't expect it that fast. Glad I got my tix!!
    --Jonathan

Sad Re: D23 F

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    Looks like you were 100% right! So much for my theories. lol
    Darn it!

I just can't justify two trips to Orlando within three weeks of each other.
    Mike L
    Premier Annual Passport
    D23 Charter Member

'09 - D23 Expo, Princess & the Frog preview, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '10 - 1st Anniversary Party, Roy Disney Tribute, Pollyanna screening, Toy Story Marathon, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Dateline Disneyland 1955, Secretariat preview, Destination D, Zorro screening, Tangled preview
    '11 - Love is Magical, 2nd Anniversary Mixer, Absent Minded Professor screening, Destination D, Studio Tour, Sci-Fi Academy, D23 Expo (premier), Babes in Toyland screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '12 - Newsies screening, Journey to Marceline tour, Sister Act screening, Brave preview, Brave artists meet/greet/screening, Treasures Exhibit - Reagan Library preview, Timothy Green premiere, Destination D (diamond), Treasure Island screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '13 - El Capitan Peter Pan Panel & Screening, Disney Video Game Unveiling, Fanniversary, OZ preview, Son of Flubber screening, Summer Magic screening, Tiki Room 50th anniversary, D23 Expo (sorcerer), Sword in the Stone screening, Hocus Pocus screening, Frozen preview, 20,000 Leagues screening
    '14 - Pirate Fairy screening, Rebel Rendezvous, Three Musketeers screening, Destination D

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Re: D23 F

Quote Originally Posted by btowndude View Post
    I just can't justify two trips to Orlando within three weeks of each other.
    I wish i could say the same, but I just don't want to miss these events this year. I will probably make a weekend trip for the Flowers & Fireworks event and then come back for my week stay at DVC for Gay Days.
    --Jonathan

• Your Average Joe

Still haven't heard if there is going to be another D23 Expo this year.

In looking over the Anaheim Convention Center website, the only available dates seem to be August 5-8 and October 21-24, 2010. (This assumes that Disney wouldn't have the expo later than October, that the expo would be held in the same venue, and that the expo would again run from Thursday through Sunday).

Of those 2 timeframes, D23 already has an event scheduled for October 23 at the Disney Studios. Thus, if August 5-8 is the most likely date, I assume that it would be announced relatively soon. Maybe at the March 10 event?

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Goofus View Post
    Still haven't heard if there is going to be another D23 Expo this year.

In looking over the Anaheim Convention Center website, the only available dates seem to be August 5-8 and October 21-24, 2010. (This assumes that Disney wouldn't have the expo later than October, that the expo would be held in the same venue, and that the expo would again run from Thursday through Sunday).

Of those 2 timeframes, D23 already has an event scheduled for October 23 at the Disney Studios. Thus, if August 5-8 is the most likely date, I assume that it would be announced relatively soon. Maybe at the March 10 event?
    From a business perspective, it makes sense to announce things after the March 10 event. Considering the club started March 10, 2009, I think they are fine with timing an announcement after that date. Also, announcing the date AFTER march 10 prevents people with conflicting thoughts as if they should travel to california twice in a year to do both the party and the expo, or have to go through some decisions as to whether do the expo only or party only.

• Refugee from a island

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    From a business perspective, it makes sense to announce things after the March 10 event. Considering the club started March 10, 2009, I think they are fine with timing an announcement after that date. Also, announcing the date AFTER march 10 prevents people with conflicting thoughts as if they should travel to california twice in a year to do both the party and the expo, or have to go through some decisions as to whether do the expo only or party only.
    You chalk this one up to rumors, as I have not been able to find a second source to confirm. But, some conversations I had while down at DLR last week would seem to confirm my thought about last year's Expo, and the possibility of no Expo this year. Granted these conversations were happening during the liberal application of alcohol.

My thoughts were confirm that Disney had underestimated the popularity of the Expo and what sessions would be in demand. As a result the conjecture of my source was that Disney is completely re-evaluting the Expo and content, and may not hold it this year. We shall see, but, based on my information, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Rumor alert...

One of the D23 reps at the DL 1st anniversary party said that they will have a DL candle light event again this year but needed to wait for DL to firm up the CP plans before they announce it.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789