Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

D23 announces 2010 special events schedule

Fellow D23 members will be pleased to see this year's events mapped out well in advance. I'm looking forward to several of these. Which ones are you most looking forward to?
    UPDATED: Blooming Date Change
    D23's Flowers and Fireworks event will be held at Walt Disney World May 15 and 16, 2010. More details will be announced soon!
    D23 ANNOUNCES 2010 SPECIAL EVENTS SCHEDULE
    BURBANK, Calif. – Jan. 14, 2010 – D23: The Official Community for Disney Fans today unveiled a host of special events that have been designed especially for its growing worldwide membership base.

Among the exiting offerings for 2010 are exclusive D23 one-year anniversary parties at the Disneyland® Resort and Walt Disney World® Resort, free “50 and Fabulous” film screenings at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, and a special 40th anniversary celebration event to honor the Walt Disney Archives.

“In our first year, D23 created some truly memorable event opportunities for our members, and this year we plan to outdo ourselves with a mix of all-new events and encores of fan favorites,” said Steven Clark, head of D23. “D23 Members are going to have more opportunities than ever to be part of the Disney magic through the events we have planned in 2010, and we hope they’ll be as excited as we are to experience them alongside their fellow members.”

D23 Members will receive notification of special events and reservation times via e-mail, and all events are offered on a space-available basis. More details on events, and on becoming a D23 Member, can be found at www.disney.com/D23.

SAVE THE DATE! D23’s special-event lineup includes:

• January 22, 2010: A Practically Perfect Night of Surprises with D23 and Mary Poppins - Event Complete

D23 Members will attend a performance of the critically acclaimed Mary Poppins at the Ahmanson Theatre in Los Angeles – plus an exclusive post-show experience with the Mary Poppins cast… and a top-secret surprise guest. (Hint: It’s an actor from the classic 1964 film.) D23 Members will receive 20 percent off select tickets for the January 22 performance (in various seating locations and price ranges). Visit the D23 website at www.disney.com/D23 for ticket information and availability.
    • February 13, April 10, August 14 and November 13, 2010: D23 Day at The Walt Disney Studios and Archives

D23 Members will get a behind-the-scenes look at the legendary Walt Disney Studios lot in Burbank and at the Walt Disney Archives on a two-hour tour hosted by D23 and Archives staff members. Three tours will be held on each date, and each tour can accommodate 50 people. In D23’s Charter Year, these special tours sold out almost immediately. Tickets for the February 13 and April 10 tours will be available at 10 a.m. Pacific time Thursday, January 26, and are $50 per person.
    • March 5, 2010: D23’s First-Anniversary Party at the Walt Disney World® Resort

Hundreds of D23 Members are expected to gather from around the country – and around the world – for a once-in-a-lifetime night of magic and memories. The evening’s festivities include a private dinner inside the Magic Kingdom’s Diamond Horseshoe Saloon, followed by an exclusive D23 viewing of Mickey’s PhilharMagic. Afterward, guests will hear insider details about the upcoming Fantasyland expansion from Walt Disney Imagineering. The celebration will also feature a sumptuous dessert party, a special commemorative pin for everyone attending, and a host of surprises. More details, including reservation availability and pricing, will be announced shortly on D23’s website at www.disney.com/D23.
    • March 10, 2010: D23’s First-Anniversary Party at the Disneyland® Resort

D23 will hold its one and only West Coast anniversary celebration in the most magical land at the Happiest Place on Earth: Fantasyland. D23 Members will take over all of Fantasyland for one amazing night filled with classic attractions, familiar characters (as well as a few you may not have seen in a while!), and a chance to see rare pieces of Disneyland history up close. Plus, D23 Members and their guests will enjoy an array of delicious Disney-inspired desserts, a special commemorative pin for everyone attending, and other surprises. Additional information, including reservation availability and pricing, will be announced shortly at www.disney.com/D23.
    • March 27, 2010: “50 and Fabulous” Screening of Toby Tyler

At last year’s D23 Expo, Disney fans had a chance to see Disney masterpieces that were celebrating their Golden Anniversaries… a new D23 tradition that continues in 2010, this time in the recently renovated, state-of-the-art, 400-seat Studio Theater on the Walt Disney Studios lot in Burbank. Tickets to the “50 and Fabulous” screenings are free for D23 Members and their guests, and the series kicks off with a movie that hasn’t been seen on the big screen since its first release in 1960: Toby Tyler, or 10 Weeks with a Circus. D23’s screening of this lighthearted, live-action comedy will combine with special D23 surprises and the opportunity to enjoy a movie in this exclusive cinematic venue. Reservations may be made beginning at 10 a.m. Pacific time on Thursday, January 26. (A $5 processing fee for each ticket will apply.)

As with all live events, dates and times are subject to change.

Additional D23 special events are planned throughout 2010, including:

• May 8: “50 and Fabulous” screening of Pollyanna at the Walt Disney Studio Theatre;
    • May 15-16: “Flowers and Fireworks” event at the Walt Disney World® Resort, adding all-new elements as D23 expands the festivities to two days;
    • June 26: A special celebration at the Walt Disney Studios marking the 40th anniversary of the Walt Disney Archives;
    • July 10: “50 and Fabulous” screening of Swiss Family Robinson at the Walt Disney Studio Theatre;
    • October 15-16: “Sip & Stroll” at the immensely popular Epcot International Food and Wine Festival;
    • October 23: “50 and Fabulous” screening of The Sign of Zorro at the Walt Disney Studio Theatre
    • December 11-12: “Magic and Merriment” weekend at the Walt Disney World Resort;

D23 is also in the planning stages for even more exciting 2010 events, details of which will be revealed in the coming months.

For more details on becoming a member of D23: The Official Community for Disney Fans, or renewing existing memberships, visit www.disney.com/D23.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 02-03-2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Flowers and Fireworks event date changed
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Not a Minion

Re: D23 announces 2010 special events schedule

Good to see the list of events!

What I'm surprised about is the lack of a World of Color event and a 55th anniversary Disneyland Event.

However, the line up is nice and I like the fact that studio tour is no longer free since that is a highly valued event. I'm just wondering as to if they'll be adding anything special (new gifts?) to add value to it.

and my friend caught this:
    D23 Members will get a behind-the-scenes look at the legendary Walt Disney Studios lot in Burbank and at the Walt Disney Archives on a two-hour tour hosted by D23 and Archives staff members. Three tours will be held on each date, and each tour can accommodate 50 people. In D23’s Charter Year, these special tours sold out almost immediately. Tickets for the February 13 and April 10 tours will be available at 10 a.m. Pacific time Thursday, January 26, and are $50 per person.
    January 26 is a tuesday...haha

• Your Average Joe

March 10 - Does "take over all of Fantasyland" mean what I hope it means?

I wonder what the Archives event will be made up of, because the Archives were my favorite part of the tour last year, and I was just thinking that I would love to be able to go back. They rushed us out of there too fast!

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Goofus View Post
    March 10 - Does "take over all of Fantasyland" mean what I hope it means?
    Doesn't fantasyland extend all the way to IASW, Princess Fantasy Faire, and technically, half of the Matterhorn? If that's the case, my original thought of just "behind the castle" was completely wrong haha

I'm hoping that the event isn't priced high. I wouldn't want to pay more than...say $100 to attend...

But depending on the details of the event, my thoughts on that will change...

• Hukuna Matata!

Oh I would love to be at the first Disneyland event..... Do all you guys think about is keeping us in suspense all year long?

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    Oh I would love to be at the first Disneyland event..... Do all you guys think about is keeping us in suspense all year long?
    Not the first Disneyland event. Third one actually.

First: Disneyland USA.
    Second: Candlelight Ceremony
    THird: the one just announced.

• Future Animator

No D23 Expo this year?

YouTube Channel:
    DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc.

I already have my tickets to the Mary Poppins event. Very excited! Might just have to make the 1st Anniversary event my next stop
    I worked at Walt Disney World as a member of the Disney College Program in Spring 2008 and Summer 2010. Now, I build software, design live events, and frequently make the short trek from Costa Mesa to Disneyland with my Annual Passport in hand.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    What I'm surprised about is the lack of a World of Color event and a 55th anniversary Disneyland Event.

World of Color still doesn't have a firm opening date. So I can't imagine that they'd be able to finalize an event yet. In regard to both of the events you'd like to see, I'd like to refer you to this comment in the Press Release:
    D23 is also in the planning stages for even more exciting 2010 events, details of which will be revealed in the coming months.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Wow, I don't recall having to pay for the studio tour last time.
    Mike

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by mcow1 View Post
    Wow, I don't recall having to pay for the studio tour last time.
    I thought it was free too, but it's typical disney to start over charging for stuff.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by jcman3777 View Post
    No D23 Expo this year?
    I was told by Tim Rogerson, Noah and Harrison Ellenshaw at a Disney Fine Art event last month that there would be no expo this year, so no need for firm deadlines on specific pieces from them or personal appearances, but probably would return next year.

No expo probably explains the costs attached to some of the events listed above, as well as some of those still to be announced. Also charging for the studio tours this time around should probably eliminate some returnees to make room for more members to have a chance at it this time around. Making up for production and merchandise costs has got to be made up somewhere.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Disneylander

Yea! I am so excited. I will be in at WDW on March 5. Wonder how much tickets will be.
    The Disneyland event sounds great too.

• Your Average Joe

More on the March 10 event. From D23 website:

01.15.10 - Ever dream you could have a night in Fantasyland all to yourself? We do, too! To grant that wish, D23 is taking over all of Fantasyland for a once in a lifetime bash to celebrate our first anniversary.

D23 is taking over all of Fantasyland for a spectacular bash to celebrate our first anniversary.

The magic begins in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle as D23 Members and their guests are led into the most magical realm of all, Fantasyland! You'll be able to ride the attractions, meet some familiar characters (and some you may not have seen for a while!), and have a chance to see some classic pieces of Disneyland up close and personal, including Walt's Car and Cinderella's Crystal Coach!

D23 Members and their guests will enjoy a wide array of tantalizing Disney-inspired desserts. And, naturally, there will be a few D23 surprises, including a special commemorative pin for everyone attending our party!

Date: Wednesday, March 10, 2010
    Additional Information: To be announced soon!

NOTE: Available only to D23 Members in good standing. Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and three (3) guests. There is a limited number of tickets available. D23 Members will be required to provide their membership number when reserving tickets. Tickets may be picked up only with a valid photo ID AND D23 MEMBERSHIP CARD. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card may not be admitted to the event. All D23 Special Events are subject to change without notice. There are no cancelations or refunds, and tickets are not transferrable.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast