Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Be Patient I'm Learning!!

Re: D23 Anniversary Parties at Disneyland and Disney World

I think that it sounds like a fun time! I am trying to work it out so that I can go... IF I can get tickets that is... I will be waiting for 10 am to roll around on the 4th. I am most looking forward to the characters.
    Christina

• Mortals pay a token fee.

I feel the $65 is worth it for WDW, but definitely not for DLR. Too bad, I was looking forward to this event, and now they can count me right out. There's no way I'm paying over $60 for a rice crispie, crappy coffee, and a pin.

Now, if members come back from this event saying they had 5 Star desserts, a mobile espresso machine, face characters AND furries that have NEVER been in the parks (possibly do a show) and a pin set, you can color me impressed and bummed that I couldn't go. But, knowing Disney, they like to sugar coat it as much as possible before hand, and this just doesn't sound worth it.

WDW sounds amazing. A bit hefty on the price, but it very could be that the grass is greener while I'm over here.

• Not a Minion

I personally would like to go, but can't due to it falling on classes, but have to say I am surprised by the prices. To me, it's like the iPad situation - some are surprised for the better, some for the worst.

I am personally surprised by the better, expecting a price tag of upwards $100 for the Disneyland event. $65 is just a bargain considering it's $72 for one park. Sure it's only one land, but heck, it's a private party and after hours experience. So worth it in my opinion. Considering it goes into after hours time, I wish they could've gotten people into tomorrowland after closing, but heck...I won't complain about it.

To me, for $65, you aren't paying for getting to just go inside the park, but instead are paying for a unique experience. On paper, sure it doesn't sound to great, but from the three event's I've attended and the numerous reports from others, it looks like they exceed people's expectations and provide a quality experience.

In short, I'd gladly pay and would LOVE to attend the event, but I'm paying my school so much for so little classes I can't skip, so this D23 event I (sadly) probably won't attend...

Red Face Re: D23 Anniversary Parties at Disneyland and Disney World

I don't know what to think! I would love to go to the WDW event, but cannot make any trip plans until I actually get a ticket.

D23's past performance on ticketing has been horrid. I went to Magic & Merriment (from the waiting list), which was nice and I was at WDW anyway, so planning was not an issue.

Why wait until 4 weeks bvefore the event to place the tickets on sale?

I'm not sure whether to plan a trip and hope like hell or wait until I actually get a golden ticket and then plan like hell? LOL!

Ugh and I see D23 still lft it as D23 member + 3. But it does look like they will double the number of attendees if there is 2 sittings for the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon.

• Defender of the castle

Sounds like they got this one priced about right, and im sure your not only going to get a rice crispie treat and a pin, im sure they will do it up right. Im going to sit this one out though, still recovering from Candlelight.
    Last edited by musakman5150; 01-31-2010 at 07:23 AM. Reason: sp

Blog Entries

I feel like I always regret not going to these things so I am going to try and go.

Quote Originally Posted by nursemelis374 View Post
    I feel like I always regret not going to these things so I am going to try and go.
    If you can make it, GO! I had the opportunity to go to several events last year, and plan to making it to many more this year. The price for the DL and WDW events seem to be placed just right in my mind, while others will disagree. I'm hoping to get tickets to both events when they go on sale. Wish me luck!
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 63!
    D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Awwww man... I will miss it by a week in March.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Diamond Edition

I'm so excited for this event. My work schedule should be cleared for it, so hopefully I can get a ticket. I think the price is more than reasonable at both parks, considering how much it costs to operate the attractions and all of the extra surprises that D23 is sure to pull out.
    I'm attempting to watch and review every Disney movie ever made in my blog called The Disney Films. You can also follow me on Twitter for news on upcoming Disney films.

If we can get tickets we'll be there!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

It odes seem a little pricey but man, I wanna go! What an experience that will be!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

I am going to try for both! The prices seem reasonable and about what I expected. For those that are saying that $65 is even too much for the DLR event... I'm sorry but do you have any idea how much money it costs to put on an after hours private event inside Disneyland park?!??
    Quote Originally Posted by uhnet View Post
    $65 for the "chance" to get on rides that you can ride ANYTIME when you go to the park? I have an annual pass so I'd be paying an additional $65 for some snacks and a pin. SERIOUSLY?
    Whoa. This just misses the point on such a massive scale that I cannot even fathom a rebuttal. At least we can agree on one thing: you should save your money and stay home.
    --Jonathan

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    I'm sorry but do you have any idea how much money it costs to put on an after hours private event inside Disneyland park?!??
    is it like....

that much?? lol

My brain still won't grasp that the tickets go on sale tomorrow and not today. I want to start refreshing the page so that the 'link' will show up and I can get my tickets! Oh well... 19 more hours to go... AAGGGHHHHHHH!
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 63!
    D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

• Mousekateer!

i am hoping to get at least 2 tickets, one for me and one for my bf!! my fam wants to go but since i can only take three people with me i gotta figure things out D:

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast