Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

• Goofy is the man

Re: D23 Anniversary Parties at Disneyland and Disney World

I am missing a day and a 1/2 of school.
    Last edited by a-goofy; 03-07-2010 at 09:12 AM.

•   

I just returned from WDW and attended the D23 party there. D23 did a fantastic job at WDW and I expect they will do the same here. At WDW the $140 cost included admission to the Magic Kingdom all day, a five star buffet dinner in the Diamond Horseshoe where they talked about the first year of D23 and showed some videos. They even provided champagne for an anniversary toast. Then at 8:30 we went into Mickey's PhilharMagic where they gave a presentation about the new Fantasyland project at WDW. Then a showing of PhilharMagic. Following that was the special dessert party and access to some of the rides. The desserts were over the top- chocolate lava cake, apple funnel cake bread pudding with whiskey sauce, deconstructed canoli, individual chocolate mousse, hot coffee, cocoa and tea. Plus Mickey Ice Creams treats (it was about 48 degrees so these were not that popular).

They had some characters for photo ops and CM's to take photos with your cameras (no photo pass CM's). They had all of the drawings and illustrations on display from the earlier presentation. The D23 anniversary pin is nice and includes Band Leader Mickey used in the anniversary logo for these events. They offered some D23 merchandise for ordering but mostly things that have been available for a while.

I am looking forward to DL's party but I notice that the desserts listed appear to be the regular things that are mostly available in the parks so I am setting my expectations accordingly. Mainly this will be a chance for access to rides without lines, some photo ops with characters and several Disney legends, some basic desserts and a D23 anniversary pin. Plus the chance to purchase and consume some alcohol in Fantasyland which will certainly be unique. With close to a million AP's for DL I am surprised that there are still tickets available for this event. The cost is not unreasonable even if not the value of the WDW event.
    Leonard
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. I REFUSE!"

sounds wonderful. Wish i could go. but alas i can not. I spent what money i had to renew my membership. I have only been to one event that d23 offered, besides d23 expo, but it was the UP all night event at the el capitan. I can never get tickets to anything else because they sell out fast!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789