• Mousekateer!

d23 birthday with my give a day ticket?

Hey!

so there was one thing I wasn't quite clear on with this whole birthday thing. Are you required to purchase a ticket to the park plus your d23 ticket? or can you use a ticket you already have (such as the give a day get a day ticket) and go to DLR and then go to the party? I'd love to be able to just pay the $65 for my d23 ticket and use the one i've got already!

I wish they would've clarified this a bit more because I have to know by the 3rd if i can go schoolwise and if anyone else wants to come with me... our GADGAD thing here is lame and never calls back (we've been calling since jan) so we haven't gotten those yet, but if those dont work i have a spare hopper pass....

and if i purchase and for some unbeknown reason can i get a refund for all the tickets that i purchased for the party? I'd hate for my car $ to be spent and then if i couldn't go not get it back...

Re: d23 birthday with my give a day ticket?

The event is a seperate party after the park closes. The $65 only pays for entry into the event (plus all of the stuff). If you want to visit the park during the day you will need a ticket.

• Not a Minion

Re: d23 birthday with my give a day ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Cesilie View Post
    Are you required to purchase a ticket to the park plus your d23 ticket? or can you use a ticket you already have (such as the give a day get a day ticket) and go to DLR and then go to the party?

and if i purchase and for some unbeknown reason can i get a refund for all the tickets that i purchased for the party?
    Your answer can be a yes and no answer. The D23 ticket for $65 is not for park admission. What is not clear is if it will be admission at the 4pm check in time or if you will be limited to only entering at 8:45pm when the event entry starts. According to the note at the bottom, they will not be handing out park tickets since the event is after park closing. But to attend the event, you do not need a separate theme park admissions ticket.

However, if you want to go to the park earlier, say at opening (I think it's 10am for that day), you will need a separate ticket admission as the D23 ticket is not a day admissions ticket.

The $65 is not full day admission so it will get you in after a certain time. You can not use a regular ticket admission and then flash your D23 ID card to get in. You will need to RSVP with the system and get your membership on the entry list.

So now, the question in your head is probably how will they pick out the guests from d23 members. My guess is that they'll have bracelets handed out when you check in. No bracelet, no entry (or if you do manage to sneak in, they can kick you out).

As far as refunds, there is none. As per D23 policy:
    There are no cancelations or refunds, and tickets are not transferrable.
    Pretty much, it really isn't 100% clear, but analyzing the note they have at the bottom, pretty much answers everything:
    Available only to D23 Members in good standing. Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and three (3) guests. There are a limited number of tickets available. Event check-in will be available at 4 p.m.; however, entrance to the event will not begin until 8:45 p.m. Because the event is after Park closing, park tickets will not be distributed. While all available Fantasyland attractions will be open, some attractions will be under refurbishment including the Matterhorn Bobsleds and King Arthur Carrousel. D23 Members will be required to provide their membership number when reserving tickets. Tickets may be picked up only with a valid photo ID AND D23 MEMBERSHIP CARD. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card may not be admitted to the event. All D23 Special Events are subject to change without notice. There are no cancelations or refunds, and tickets are not transferrable.

Smile Re: d23 birthday with my give a day ticket?

The current wording for the event lists these rides that will be open.

[B]Included with the cost of your ticket:
    The chance to ride many Fantasyland attractions including Peter Pan's Flight, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Storybook Land Canal Boats, it's a small world, Mad Tea Party, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Alice in Wonderland, Snow White's Scary Adventures and Casey Jr. Circus Train [B]

This event might be handled like the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom. Ticket holders to the special event did not need a separate admission and were allowed to enter at the 4 pm check in. They were given a wristband and allowed them to stay in the park after closing. The day guests were asked to leave at closing and cast members swept through the park, checking for the wristbands.

Last fall, I took the Happy Haunted tour at DL on a Friday, entered both parks without separate admission and got to stay in the park until midnight.
    Mike L
    Premier Annual Passport
    D23 Charter Member

'09 - D23 Expo, Princess & the Frog preview, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '10 - 1st Anniversary Party, Roy Disney Tribute, Pollyanna screening, Toy Story Marathon, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Dateline Disneyland 1955, Secretariat preview, Destination D, Zorro screening, Tangled preview
    '11 - Love is Magical, 2nd Anniversary Mixer, Absent Minded Professor screening, Destination D, Studio Tour, Sci-Fi Academy, D23 Expo (premier), Babes in Toyland screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '12 - Newsies screening, Journey to Marceline tour, Sister Act screening, Brave preview, Brave artists meet/greet/screening, Treasures Exhibit - Reagan Library preview, Timothy Green premiere, Destination D (diamond), Treasure Island screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '13 - El Capitan Peter Pan Panel & Screening, Disney Video Game Unveiling, Fanniversary, OZ preview, Son of Flubber screening, Summer Magic screening, Tiki Room 50th anniversary, D23 Expo (sorcerer), Sword in the Stone screening, Hocus Pocus screening, Frozen preview, 20,000 Leagues screening
    '14 - Pirate Fairy screening, Rebel Rendezvous, Three Musketeers screening, Destination D