Thread: Contacting D23

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Contacting D23

So I've been sent here on behalf of my dad actually. We're starting to worry b/c though I got my magazine as soon as it was available, his still hasn't come in the mail. His subscription hadn't ended and he even did early renewal last week and still no magazine.
    He tried emailing D23 and still hasn't heard anything. I'm worried b/c back in July last year when I subscribed, I tried to contact them b/c my Mickey gift print came to me damaged. I never heard anything from them. At this point, I feel that is a lost cause, but not getting a magazine you paid for is a different story.

Anyone have any ideas on how to actually get ahold of anyone w/ D23 aside from just the generic email that sends you to a waiting list on the website. Thanks in advance

• Not a Minion

Re: Contacting D23

Before you try contacting them, you say that your dad just renewed his membership?

The reason I ask is because it brings the assumption that his membership was coming to a near expiration. Did he already receive the 4 issues for his previous issues? If so, then there is probably a delay on getting the new spring issue. I too renewed weeks ago to ensure I get the free tinkerbell pin for early renewal but haven't received the Spring 2010 issue which has been out for a good week, week and a half. I wouldn't worry yet if this is the case since they're probably still working the system to get your magazines asap.

However, if D23 still owes your dad an issue since he's only received 3 out of the 4 quarterlies that come with the membership, then I'd start asking questions. I wouldn't email the D23 email that puts you on waiting lists, but isntead, shoot an email over to guest relations. I dont know the email address off the top of my head, but hopefully a member can post something soon. Otherwise, I'll look for it and get back to you.

Anyways, I know that was a long, somewhat broad answer, but I hope it brings some clarification.

In shortness, if your dad's membership already received his 4 issues and renewed to get the new issue asap, then there may be a delay. It's happening to me and I think a few more renewal memberships. However, I just want to clarify that this is just an assumption. If that is not the case or if it is and you're just curious as to the status of the magazine, then shoot an email to the disney store guest relations (will try to provide the address later) to ask them.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Last year i never did get issue #4, I called, E-mailed, was told they would send one right out.....nothing. I bought it at the Disney Store.

I still have yet to get the new issue as well after renewing in December.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Diamond Edition

My boyfriend and I were day 1 members and we both renewed on the same day. He received his new membership card and calendar, but is still waiting on the magazine. I haven't received anything yet, but expect it any day now. I bought my mom a brand new membership and she received everything: 1st issue of 2010, calendar, membership card and certificate.

I think the priority was issuing the new memberships and now they are taking care of the renewals. Your dad can contact D23 if he wants, but members are just beginning to receive their 2010 kits, so it should arrive soon.
    I'm attempting to watch and review every Disney movie ever made in my blog called The Disney Films. You can also follow me on Twitter for news on upcoming Disney films.

• Disney Trivia God

I'm in the same boat -- got my calendar and renewal membership card, but no magazine. I renewed on the first day they offered it, and I know they got my payment, so I'm not sure what the holdup is. Maybe it's the bad weather delaying the mail?

I'll give it a few more days before freaking out.

• Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by cidbliq View Post
    I'm in the same boat -- got my calendar and renewal membership card, but no magazine. I renewed on the first day they offered it, and I know they got my payment, so I'm not sure what the holdup is. Maybe it's the bad weather delaying the mail?

I'll give it a few more days before freaking out.
    I'm in the same position. I think they sent out the magazines to renewals later than new members.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I got the magazine right away, my husband hasn't received his yet. Maybe they're mailing them in waves and the later ones just haven't arrived yet. The bad weather in the east might be a contributing factor.

Last year I had problems with 2 items, the litho. that arrived damaged and the pin that never arrived at all. I emailed/filled out online forms and received replacements with no problem. In fact they even FedExed the pin.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    Before you try contacting them, you say that your dad just renewed his membership?

The reason I ask is because it brings the assumption that his membership was coming to a near expiration. Did he already receive the 4 issues for his previous issues? If so, then there is probably a delay on getting the new spring issue. I too renewed weeks ago to ensure I get the free tinkerbell pin for early renewal but haven't received the Spring 2010 issue which has been out for a good week, week and a half. I wouldn't worry yet if this is the case since they're probably still working the system to get your magazines asap.

However, if D23 still owes your dad an issue since he's only received 3 out of the 4 quarterlies that come with the membership, then I'd start asking questions. I wouldn't email the D23 email that puts you on waiting lists, but isntead, shoot an email over to guest relations. I dont know the email address off the top of my head, but hopefully a member can post something soon. Otherwise, I'll look for it and get back to you.

Anyways, I know that was a long, somewhat broad answer, but I hope it brings some clarification.

In shortness, if your dad's membership already received his 4 issues and renewed to get the new issue asap, then there may be a delay. It's happening to me and I think a few more renewal memberships. However, I just want to clarify that this is just an assumption. If that is not the case or if it is and you're just curious as to the status of the magazine, then shoot an email to the disney store guest relations (will try to provide the address later) to ask them.
    I totally get what you're saying and I think that's the most logical sitch with the whole thing. He sent a message to guest services and got no response like I said (it would have been nice to get anything at all from them IMHO... I had the same issue with my email regarding the gift last year so I was afraid he'd just never hear anything back)
    Seems weird to me that current members wouldn't be the priority. I mean, these people have been loyal and yet they're being put last in line. Kind of counter-intuitive to me but then again, I'm not in charge.

Thanks for all the help guys

Contacting D23 - delivery, billing issues

Just wanted to note that I also have not yet received by first issue of year 2. I live in Riverside county (So Cal near LA and Disneyland), was a day one member, and sent my renewal order in online within days of it being available. What causes me to have concerns about the accuracy of the deliveries is that my friend who lives a half hour away got her new issue more than 2 weeks ago. At first that did not bother me - especially when I arrived home one evening to find the familiar box in my mail - assuming it was the new issue. Surprise! I opened it to find the calendar, and that same day, received my new member renewal card.

Ok - but ... like others here, I still have not been billed for my renewal! And my friend got her calendar as well as the first new issue of year 2 - so whats going on? Does the Disney store billing/subscription tracking software have a glitch that somehow sent me the calendar, did not bill me, and is not going to send me the new issue of the magazine?

I have not had any problems registering for events like the Toby Tyler screening, or the DL birthday event, so I am relieved I at least have my renewed member card. I was thinking of writing D23 as I do believe somewhere on their website they have a "contact us" email address - I don't believe contacting the Disney store will lead to answers, based on other posts here.

I will give it another week or two before trying, but if those of you who, like me, have not received the new issue, have renewed online, and have not been billed - suddenly do get their issue or billing, can you please post here so we know something seems to be happening? Perhaps the good folks at D23 will read of our concerns or already have and we will see some progress soon. Here's hoping! And I gladly will pay my charge when processed - looking forward to another super year (especially that June Archive event!)

• Not a Minion

They do read these threads and I'm sure/think a lot of the improvements occur based on what the read through online communities

Well, talk about fast results! 3 hours after I post my message - and D23 arranged for my magazine to show up in my mailbox today! Hm, talk about your Disney magic ..... and still no charge LOL! Now I have something delightful to review next time I get to sit down.

So far I've been billed for the renewal, gotten my new card and calender, but no magazine. Usually I get mine right away when it comes out. I'm hoping today will be the day since there will be no mail on Monday.

• Not a Minion

No magaIne fr me here. I hit my new chase debit card though.

Anyways, I'll hope for Tuesday.