Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help-Studio Tour scheduling conflict!

This has got to be the worst thing that's ever happened to me. Anyways, so I just found out today that my school prom is on April 10th, and I live in Las Vegas, but I already paid $100 for the Walt Disney Studios Tour on April 10, and I picked the latest time at 2:00 PM. I already asked my girlfriend to prom though, and she doesn't even live close to where I live, like 3 hours away, so I never get to see her ever. What do I do? I know I'm gonna have to pick prom over the tour because I'd be an idiot if I didn't, but I feel so screwed over. I just threw out $100 and I can't get it back, I can't at least give the tour to someone else, I probably won't be able to get the chance to do it ever again, and yeah this is just horrible. What do you guys think I should do?

• Not a Minion

Re: Help-Studio Tour scheduling conflict!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak777 View Post
    This has got to be the worst thing that's ever happened to me. Anyways, so I just found out today that my school prom is on April 10th, and I live in Las Vegas, but I already paid $100 for the Walt Disney Studios Tour on April 10, and I picked the latest time at 2:00 PM. I already asked my girlfriend to prom though, and she doesn't even live close to where I live, like 3 hours away, so I never get to see her ever. What do I do? I know I'm gonna have to pick prom over the tour because I'd be an idiot if I didn't, but I feel so screwed over. I just threw out $100 and I can't get it back, I can't at least give the tour to someone else, I probably won't be able to get the chance to do it ever again, and yeah this is just horrible. What do you guys think I should do?
    For as much as it will hurt financially, I will say go to the prom. You only get one prom in your lifetime and if you skip out on that, do expect for your girlfriend to get extremely mad at you.

The studio tour tends to be a rare opportunity, but I'm quite sure this won't be the last one. Now that Disney charges for them, I'm sure they'd do it again and you only have to wait one extra year to just take the opportunity to do it, but atleast you know there's going to be that second opportunity. Worst case scenario, take some sort of media or animation major in college and then work your way to find a job in the studio

But yeah, in short go for the prom. The studio will always be here and as long as it's here and D23 is around, I'm sure opportunities to tour the place will come by.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    For as much as it will hurt financially, I will say go to the prom. You only get one prom in your lifetime and if you skip out on that, do expect for your girlfriend to get extremely mad at you.

The studio tour tends to be a rare opportunity, but I'm quite sure this won't be the last one. Now that Disney charges for them, I'm sure they'd do it again and you only have to wait one extra year to just take the opportunity to do it, but atleast you know there's going to be that second opportunity. Worst case scenario, take some sort of media or animation major in college and then work your way to find a job in the studio

But yeah, in short go for the prom. The studio will always be here and as long as it's here and D23 is around, I'm sure opportunities to tour the place will come by.
    Yeah this is pretty much what I'm thinking, I'm more just worried about whats gonna happen to my tour spots. I already e-mailed D23 if there's a way I can get my money back or be scheduled for a tour in the near future or something, but I highly doubt it'll happen. They've got their own rules. I just wish they were like the Walt Disney Museum who seemed so lenient and understanding of people difficulties and changed dates of visits for people who wanted to go see it late last year. I'm hoping something good will come out of my situation. It's not my last prom though, I'm a junior. But I technically already asked my girlfriend so I can't get out of it even if i wanted to. I wouldn't ditch her for anything anyways, since this is like my 2nd chance so far this year to see her.

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak777 View Post
    Yeah this is pretty much what I'm thinking, I'm more just worried about whats gonna happen to my tour spots. I already e-mailed D23 if there's a way I can get my money back or be scheduled for a tour in the near future or something, but I highly doubt it'll happen. They've got their own rules. I just wish they were like the Walt Disney Museum who seemed so lenient and understanding of people difficulties and changed dates of visits for people who wanted to go see it late last year. I'm hoping something good will come out of my situation. It's not my last prom though, I'm a junior. But I technically already asked my girlfriend so I can't get out of it even if i wanted to. I wouldn't ditch her for anything anyways, since this is like my 2nd chance so far this year to see her.
    Well, if this is only your junior prom, here is an option if you can't get a refund (but try at your own risk lol):
    Let your girlfriend know that you've got 2 tickets to the studio tour at the Walt Disney Studios, but it unfortunately lands on the same date as the prom. Let her know that you'd love to do both, but essentially, it falls down to getting to spend time with her and ask her if she wants to do one over the other. If she can't make up her mind, then just do the prom.

As far as the tickets, there was a notice that no refunds or cancellations can be made. Not sure how the no cancellations will be made though, but do expect not to get your money back or get a priority into getting into another tour. But if you can't make it, then hopefully D23 has a waitlist open for those who would've wanted to do it but got shut out.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    Well, if this is only your junior prom, here is an option if you can't get a refund (but try at your own risk lol):
    Let your girlfriend know that you've got 2 tickets to the studio tour at the Walt Disney Studios, but it unfortunately lands on the same date as the prom. Let her know that you'd love to do both, but essentially, it falls down to getting to spend time with her and ask her if she wants to do one over the other. If she can't make up her mind, then just do the prom.

As far as the tickets, there was a notice that no refunds or cancellations can be made. Not sure how the no cancellations will be made though, but do expect not to get your money back or get a priority into getting into another tour. But if you can't make it, then hopefully D23 has a waitlist open for those who would've wanted to do it but got shut out.
    Yeah I would tell her about it but the problem is that my girlfriend is the kind of person who would feel really bad is she was the one to decide I shouldn't go to the tour, and i don't think she'd want to miss prom for that anyways. She's a Disney fan, but not head over heels lol. I'm kinda going for not telling her about it right now, because I don't want to put any pressure on her or anything, because she'll get really worried about these kinds of things. I think I'm just gonna forget about the tour, its not worth jeopardizing anything else. Congrats to whoever else gets to take my place in the tour. If you're on micechat please let me know you got them!

• Not a Minion

Though no studio tours have been announced past the April tour, here are a few of the announced (no details released yet) events that occur within the studio:

June 26: A special celebration at the Walt Disney Studios marking the 40th anniversary of the Walt Disney Archives;

July 10: “50 and Fabulous” screening of Swiss Family Robinson at the Walt Disney Studio Theatre;

October 23: “50 and Fabulous” screening of The Sign of Zorro at the Walt Disney Studio Theatre

• Banned User

It's my understanding that there will be two more sets of dates for studio tours later this year. That's unofficial, of course.

Actually, they have already posted the days for the tours later this year... I missed it the first few time also.

February 13, April 10, August 14 and November 13, 2010: D23 Day at The Walt Disney Studios and Archives
    D23 Members will get a behind-the-scenes look at the legendary Walt Disney Studios lot in Burbank and at the Walt Disney Archives on a two-hour tour hosted by D23 and Archives staff members. Three tours will be held on each date, and each tour can accommodate 50 people. In D23's Charter Year, these special tours sold out almost immediately. Tickets for the February 13 and April 10 tours will be available at 10 a.m. Pacific time Tuesday, January 26 and are $50 per person. Click here for more information about the February 13 D23 Day. Click here for more information about the April 10 D23 day.
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 63!
    D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Take her to CA and go on the tour with her. The prom is overrated, and you'll spend all night wishing you were on the tour!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Yea unfortunately I can't just drive to Cali and back just on my own guys, sorry, so that options off the table. Plus I already promised my best friend from Cali that he would be my guest unless something went wrong, and I'm pretty sure he'd be pretty mad if I ditched him. So guess what worse news I just found out? So I thought maybe I could go to my girlfriend's prom and then go to the studio tours, but guess when hers is? March 27, the Toby Tyler screening day, which i also signed up for. This is becoming such a nightmare lol. I still think i'm gonna do what I originally said I was gonna do, I'm not ditching my girl in any way, and also I want her to meet my friends and have a good time with me in Vegas. I think I'll have a good time. I've already had so much bad luck this week anyways lol I just need a break! I also barely missed the chance to get tickets to see President Obama in person tomorrow lol. I've already been in the same room as him though and saw himm at the joint session of Congress last year so I think I'll be okay lol. Now I'm all about finding out how to get into the ShoWest Expo here in Vegas to screen Toy Story 3! lol

• Nerd

Go on the tour...Proms are highly over-rated!!!.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    Go on the tour...Proms are highly over-rated!!!.
    Deep down, I was thinking the same, but if you've got an awesome date and want to keep an awesome relationship with said date (or create a said relationship with such date like I did with my prom date), then do go to the prom lol. Just my friendly advice.

Smile Re: Help-Studio Tour scheduling conflict!

Well I know the prom part is lame, i just want the parts before and after it to be really special. This girl definitely deserves it, and I'm almost positive she would enjoy it much more than a tour of the studios, and the whole time I'll feel guilty anyways cuz I'll feel sorta like i dragged her out of going to prom for something I wanted to do. Sorry guys.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Aww it's all good Hopefully you can get tix to another tour
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

That'd be an easy call for me - go to her prom and go on the studio tour, skip the Toby Tyler screening.

1) At her prom, she'd be around her friends as well (might be more special).
    2) Toby Tyler is a decent but not amazing Disney film, and there will be other screenings in the "50 and Fabulous" series. (Unless you're just really interested in seeing that movie.)
    3) You probably wouldn't be able to grab another tour slot until next year. Remember that there's a limit of one tour per year, and I'm assuming your cancellation will count.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast