Thread: Silver vs Gold

• Minion

Silver vs Gold

In checking out the web site (D23 that is) it seems there isn't that much difference between Gold and Silver except the price.

Is Gold really worth it ?
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Silver vs Gold

To me no. I didn't get to go to any of the events during the last year, and the magazines, while cool aren't something I feel a need to continue getting. In fact, I thought long and hard about even renewing this year at the silver level. What do I get for my $40? The chance to attend events I know I won't be able to go to, an email newsletter, and the opportunity to spend even more money on D23 stuff?

I still haven't renewed, and I'm really not sure I'm going to at all. Its cool to "be a member" and all, but there just really wasn't enough to it to justify spending the money.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Not a Minion

Gold is perfect if you enjoy the magazines and "free" gifts that come with them for the members.

Silver is perfect for large families of 2 or more who live near event areas and don't want to spend the extra money for a full membership because they don't need it. Also perfect for those who don't like to read and just want to have the d23 events, most of which are in SoCal.

For me, I went with the Gold renewal. The magazine pieces are really worth it in my opinion as they are really of high quality publications. The articles in there are interesting and satisfies a large variety of Disney Geeks, and heck, contains information which others don't have access too (I used it as a reference point for an essay I wrote for class). I'm happy with the purchase, but the value of each one will be unique to each individual.

I think it all depends on where you live. I live in Canada, so I haven't been to any of the events yet, but I like to read the magazine.