Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Non Members can win Tickets to DL party 3/10

There are several online contests for non members to win tickets to the party on the 10th. As a member who paid $75 to join, and then paid to attend a "member exclusive party" .... I have to say that I am disappointed to see this. It was not easy for me to shell out the funds for either the renewal or the event itself. You could surmise that this means very few have purchased tickets; the announcement of "guests" perhaps was meant to fuel interest, perhaps it did not accomplish as much. Despite my own feelings, and of course I can only guess why this was done, the bottom line is that members who could not afford to buy tickets are just as eligible to enter these contests as anyone else. I suggest you use Google news to search for d23 party and you can find other contests - this was on the OC register website. Good luck!

Published: March 1, 2010
    Updated: 12:58 p.m.
    Win tickets to exclusive Disney party

ANAHEIM BULLETIN

Story Highlights
    Send in your photos for a chance to win entry to an exclusive D23 party.

COMMENTS 0| RECOMMEND 0| PRINT | EMAIL | SHARE

Funny, whacky, cute, serious, artsy.
    AroundDisney.com, the Register's Web site about all things Disney, invites you to enter pictures you have snapped at Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure in our photo contest. We don't care if you took them today — or years ago.
    AroundDisney.com, the Register's Web site about all things Disney, invites you to enter pictures you have snapped at Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure in our photo contest.

Simply, just wow us.
    Upload and vote for photos (up to 10 votes per minute) now until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, March 7.
    Four winners will be selected, and each winner will receive a pair of tickets, compliments of D23, to an exclusive evening party for D23 members, Disney's fan club — and for our winners, of course.
    Two of the winners will be determined by the number of votes their photo receives and the other two winners will be selected by Register editors.
    The winners will be announced at AroundDisney.com at 5 p.m. Monday, March 8.
    Anyone can enter (adults must enter for children) and you can upload as many photos as you like (only one of your photos can be a winner).
    We encourage you to tell your friends and family to vote and add your entry to Facebook and MySpace or Twitter to maximize votes.
    For more info, click here.
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 03-02-2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: hotlinked picture removed

Re: Non Members can win Tickets to DL party 3/10

In total, they are only giving away 4 pairs of tickets, 8 total. I see it as giving away a few tickets to get more press on the event which has not sold out yet. I am all for them to try and get the word out about the event and hopefully sell it out. I would prefer Disney to give away 8 tickets to help sell out the event than to have it end up with many unsold tickets and not hold future events at Disneyland because the ticket costs are not cover expenses.

I think its best for the long term outlook of D23 events at Disneyland. Isn't there 4 events at Disney World this year and only 1 at Disneyland?

• Mousekateer!

I went ahead and entered, just because the rest of my family would LOVE to go. its hard when you have a larger family and not enough ticket options

D23 Disneyland Party - Orange County Register Promotion

I just saw this come across on my Google News Alerts....

The Orange County Register is doing a promotion to give away four pairs of tickets to the D23 anniversary party at Disneyland. They're going to give them away based on submissions from your favorite photo taken at Disneyland!

Win tickets to exclusive Disneyland party - Around Disney : The Orange County Register

Enter, enter, enter!

• Not a Minion

Yup, I'm all for these ticket give aways. D23 is still a new club and many people, both disney geeks and not, don't know of it and this is a good way for them to "advertise" the club for those non-members.

• Not a Minion

Re: D23 Disneyland Party - Orange County Register Promotion

Non Members can win Tickets to DL party 3/10

Aren't those the same things? Maybe thread merger needs to be called?

I posted the contest earlier and I'll say I'm also all for promotions and giveaways. If it gets more people there, why not? On any given day, there are probably HUNDREDS of free tickets being given to Disneyland. Plays, concerts, movies, sporting events -- they all have people going for free who win contests. I'm not upset because someone got in free. To be honest, I guess I'm not even thinking about that at all. This is the way things work. The more the merrier, I say! And yes, I bought two tickets to the event, so I paid $130, and I don't for a SECOND think that a non-member shouldn't get to go. Why not spread the joy? And then, they might become a member of D23, too!

Oh, and since you have already paid for your tickets, why not just enter the contest? If you win, you can bring some friends!

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by EC82 View Post
    I posted the contest earlier and I'll say I'm also all for promotions and giveaways. If it gets more people there, why not? On any given day, there are probably HUNDREDS of free tickets being given to Disneyland. Plays, concerts, movies, sporting events -- they all have people going for free who win contests. I'm not upset because someone got in free. To be honest, I guess I'm not even thinking about that at all. This is the way things work. The more the merrier, I say! And yes, I bought two tickets to the event, so I paid $130, and I don't for a SECOND think that a non-member shouldn't get to go. Why not spread the joy? And then, they might become a member of D23, too!
    I think essentially, that's what they're aiming to do. I'm sure at this point, they are probably either breaking even or making a profit with the event, so tossing out some free tickets into the wild will get 8 additional people to go, who will hopefully become a member, and then hopefully get additional friends to go to events and then join the club...

Definitely a win move for Disney.

• Not a Minion

BTW, when does voting begin (i've entered a bit myself...)

I was wondering the same thing, Ryanvalle. Since they just started it, I imagine they have to review the photos for content (make sure there are no Flash Mountain photos, etc.) and then get them up. I'd hope by tomorrow???!!

• Not a Minion

Looks like voting has begun...

I've entered a few images, but this one is my overall favorite: AroundDisney.com Disneyland Photo Contest

Feel free to vote
    Last edited by ryanvalle; 03-01-2010 at 05:13 PM.

Your teacups photo is AWESOME, Ryanvalle!

• Mousekateer!

awesome teacups ryan!

this is my entry:

AroundDisney.com Disneyland Photo Contest

• Not a Minion

Thanks guys! I just realized that 2 winners will win by votes. Another two will win by editor selection, so hopefully I can score tickets somewhere, otherwise I know that by the time ticket sales are over, I would've figured out a way where I can do school and attend the event without being tired or anything haha

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast