Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• Disneyland PAP

Re: Anyone still not heard at all since renewing?

I realized over the weekend that it had been a month (I ordered March 7) since I ordered my renewal and hadn't yet received anything. I logged it to Disney Shopping to check my order status, and fortunately they had my order; it just hadn't shipped yet. So I emailed them with my order number and asked for a status update. The next day, I got this reply:

We are delighted to have received your recent email and we appreciate
    your interest in DisneyStore.com.

Your D23 Gold Renewal Membership Card will arrive within 10-12 business
    days after the end of the month. The rest of their Membership Packet
    will arrive within 3-4 weeks after the end of the month.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions. We
    look forward to future opportunities to be of service to you.

Have a Magical Day!!!!
    It was great to get a quick, confirming response. So we'll see…

• You have much to learn...

Don't believe a thing Disney tells you till your member card, calendar and magazine actually arrive. I finally got my magazine 2 days ago after renewing the beginning of February, and finally having my renewal processed the beginning of March & was promised my magazine as well in 3-4 weeks- which, in reality- actually took almost over 5 1/2 weeks to arrive.

They give anyone who questions the membership renewal the same bull. They don't even read your emails or concerns- but they just send out the same standard reply to everyone- I got the same email 3 times, after complaining 3 times.

I just still find it fascinating on how poorly D23 is treating their members in making a majority of them wait up to 2-3 months for their membership items to arrive & those who do receive the magazine, it is a real shot in the back that knowing anyone could have purchased the magazine on newsstands way back in January when most members didn't even receive them yet.

I did renew a month and a half before my renewal date- but I'm not holding my breath anymore & somehow doubt I will receive the early renewal Tinkerbell pin at all.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Still waiting on the pin. Will e-mail next week, as it will be a full month after renewing.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    Don't believe a thing Disney tells you till your member card, calendar and magazine actually arrive. I finally got my magazine 2 days ago after renewing the beginning of February, and finally having my renewal processed the beginning of March & was promised my magazine as well in 3-4 weeks- which, in reality- actually took almost over 5 1/2 weeks to arrive.

They give anyone who questions the membership renewal the same bull. They don't even read your emails or concerns- but they just send out the same standard reply to everyone- I got the same email 3 times, after complaining 3 times.

I just still find it fascinating on how poorly D23 is treating their members in making a majority of them wait up to 2-3 months for their membership items to arrive & those who do receive the magazine, it is a real shot in the back that knowing anyone could have purchased the magazine on newsstands way back in January when most members didn't even receive them yet.

I did renew a month and a half before my renewal date- but I'm not holding my breath anymore & somehow doubt I will receive the early renewal Tinkerbell pin at all.
    So, you are giving D23 grief for not reading your email and giving a blanket response, but you yourself apparently didn't take the time to read the shipping terms when renewing. Maybe Mickey Mouse should personally deliver everyone's membership items the same day that they order online, although then I am sure you would just complain that it wasn't Donald who delivered it to you. If you had any clue about how fulfillment and magazine subscriptions work you would realize that D23 actually does a pretty good job.

d23nut- If you read my earlier posts- I renewed at the beginning of February- they didn't even process my order till I emailed them in early March- so I was waiting over a month for them to simply process my order- then got the standard response- that I would get my magazine in 3-4 weeks after the order was processed and they didn't even live up to that- it took about 5 1/2 weeks- when if they processed the order to begin with when I ordered back in February & they honored the terms & conditions- I really should have had my magazine by the end of February.

Now I know other members who renewed their subscriptions at the same time had received them by early March.

Now I know neither Mickey or Donald will deliver like you think I hope they would- but if you're the expert on fulfillment and magazine subscriptions- then maybe you can explain to me why other members who have renewed after me- received their issues several weeks before me.

In the past year- just about all of my issues were received weeks after other members- I just have never complained till now. I've had to send a few emails back then as well. I really don't know how they handle their mailings, whether by the date you became a member, or alphabetically by last name, or some other method. I'm not a first day member, but did join within the first few days last year.

I do subscribe to other publications & actually do receive them a few weeks before they hit the newsstands- but with D23- I see them at the newsstand & may receive it myself 2-3 weeks afterwards. My main point is that I believe members should be receiving their issues in advance of them hitting the newsstands & I actually have written to Disney in the past, but no one there bothers to listen, even though many say they do.

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    d23nut- If you read my earlier posts- I renewed at the beginning of February- they didn't even process my order till I emailed them in early March- so I was waiting over a month for them to simply process my order- then got the standard response- that I would get my magazine in 3-4 weeks after the order was processed and they didn't even live up to that- it took about 5 1/2 weeks- when if they processed the order to begin with when I ordered back in February & they honored the terms & conditions- I really should have had my magazine by the end of February.

Now I know other members who renewed their subscriptions at the same time had received them by early March.

Now I know neither Mickey or Donald will deliver like you think I hope they would- but if you're the expert on fulfillment and magazine subscriptions- then maybe you can explain to me why other members who have renewed after me- received their issues several weeks before me.

In the past year- just about all of my issues were received weeks after other members- I just have never complained till now. I've had to send a few emails back then as well. I really don't know how they handle their mailings, whether by the date you became a member, or alphabetically by last name, or some other method. I'm not a first day member, but did join within the first few days last year.

I do subscribe to other publications & actually do receive them a few weeks before they hit the newsstands- but with D23- I see them at the newsstand & may receive it myself 2-3 weeks afterwards. My main point is that I believe members should be receiving their issues in advance of them hitting the newsstands & I actually have written to Disney in the past, but no one there bothers to listen, even though many say they do.
    The post office works in mysterious ways sometimes. Maybe D23 has a bad address for you or the post office just has delays when delivering to your area. I have found that some of the USPS workers are not the brightest bunch (They actually folded the carton in half on one of my issues to fit it in my mailbox). If all of your issues are arriving late, you may want to mention this to your postal carrier, because mine always seems to arrive on or before the street date.

In regards to your renewal, maybe your member number was entered incorrectly and this is why your membership was delayed. The renewal process could certainly be improved, but this is such a unique program that there is bound to be a learning curve. Also, if you renewed in February, you should have started receiving your kit items the 1st or 2nd week of March, regardless you did get your product late so something obviously went wrong. Hopefully in your correspondence with them you verified that they have all of your correct shipping info.

Also, not all magazines hit in-homes prior to their newsstand dates. Sometimes there are legal issues with various information released in a magazine that prevent from being released prior to a certain date. Not saying this is the case with D23, but certainly is within the realm of possibility.

• Disneyland PAP

Got an update from my post last week. A week after my emails to and from Disney Shopping, today I received my membership card and my calendar. Nice calendar! I need to find a place to use this. So now, just waiting on my disney twenty-three magazine and Tink pin. Funny thing is I checked online, and didn't see a billing for my renewal. Yet!

I don't know how the magazine gets fulfilled, but typically I receive it about a week before it goes on sale at the parks, or so it appears based on the last few issues. The ONLY time it's ever been late is when I renewed, which I agree is weird.

My problem seems to be with most of the issues- I always see them at Barnes & Noble and may receive mine 2-3 weeks later. I ask my friend & he usually recieves his at least 1-2 weeks before mine arrives- It really doesn't make any sense.

After joining last year, one of the first problems that arose is when I first recieved my card and certificate with my user name, rather than my name on them & it took a few emails and months to straighten that one out- I advised D23 that I don't have any ID proving I'm Jedimaster7313 to gain admission to the Expo or any other events & they finally mailed out a new card & certificate with my name on it.

They have my correct address & I usually have no trouble with receiving any other magazine subscriptions, mail or packages- Just the D23 stuff- but when I write to question about it- I just get the usual I'm sorry- or, we'll rush you another issue- but never get a clear cut answer about it.

I've checked with my post office as well in the past & they don't seem to have any problems- but it does get annoying after a while. My pin did arrive yesterday, so I guess I'm finally caught up till the next issue goes out- now let's see which cover I receive, but with the way my luck is running, I may receive one without a cover.

I got my pin today finally! It's only Mid- APRIL lol. SO I finally have everything I should, yay!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by James90241 View Post
    I got my pin today finally! It's only Mid- APRIL lol. SO I finally have everything I should, yay!
    OH that gives me hope I'll wait a few days before contacting customer service about it.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

I got my pin yesterday finally!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OCBear View Post
    I got my pin yesterday finally!!!
    Your post gave me hope, but since I STILL have not received my pin or heard anything about it, I e-mailed customer service today. Hopefully they'll get back to me.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

• Refugee from a island

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Your post gave me hope, but since I STILL have not received my pin or heard anything about it, I e-mailed customer service today. Hopefully they'll get back to me.

I don't know when it came in because I was in Sedona last week, but, when I returned home last night, there was a package waiting for me. It was my Charter Member pin. So, keep the faith NeverNeverLand.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Second Star View Post
    I don't know when it came in because I was in Sedona last week, but, when I returned home last night, there was a package waiting for me. It was my Charter Member pin. So, keep the faith NeverNeverLand.
    Aww thanks! They actually wrote back really quickly and said they'd send another one, so yay!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast