Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Anyone still not heard at all since renewing?

On Feb 2, I renewed. Over a month later, and I still haven't received a magazine, the tink pin, the special gift... nothing. And my card still hasn't been charged. I know that it was taking a while, but people had been reporting hat they had started receiving their stuff.

Just wondering if I am the only one left waiting

ADMIN NOTE:
    I have some info for you NNL. This is under the product description of every type of D23 Renewal:

Your Renewal Membership Card will arrive within 10-12 business days after the end of the month. The rest of your Renewal Membership Packet will arrive within 3-4 weeks after the end of the month.

If you have been waiting longer than the 3-4 weeks AFTER the end of the month you signed up, then you should probably write to [email protected] to check on the status of your order.

Hope this helps!

Dusty
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

Re: Anyone still not heard at all since renewing?

Count me in. I placed my order February 5th. Nothing so far. Order status is "Active," and my card has not been charged yet. I'll check back in here if anything changes. Glad I'm not alone. This is, sadly, not the first problem of this sort I've had with D23.
    My finger points.

I didn't even realize there was a new issue out until I received a survey today asking questions that referred to the 70 issue.

Quick check of my renewal from Feb. 11th still shows as "Active" and not shipped.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that my membership does not expire until 3/31/2010 (Even though I signed up this first day)? Perhaps the order will not ship until the current membership expires.
    Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
    ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by Skawt View Post
    I didn't even realize there was a new issue out until I received a survey today asking questions that referred to the 70 issue.

Quick check of my renewal from Feb. 11th still shows as "Active" and not shipped.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that my membership does not expire until 3/31/2010 (Even though I signed up this first day)? Perhaps the order will not ship until the current membership expires.
    Just from my experience with renewing, my expiration date was March as well. But I received my free gift first, back in Feb, my new membership card next, the new magazine, and the Tink pin, all before the end of Feb.

I renewed at the first of the year, if that helps. Perhaps a quick note to Guest Services would help? Also, the order status of my D23 renewel never said shipped. I got an email telling me that the D23 renewel order shipped, but I had already gotten everything before I got the shipment notice, many weeks before in fact. So I wouldn't go by your order status, because it seems the gift, mag, pin, etc. are all shipped seperately and at different times.

Good luck!

I am in the same boat, so this afternoon I called Disney Shopping. The CM confirmed my order and told me that approximately 2 weeks *after* the end of the month in which I renewed, I should receive a renewed membership card. Approximately 4 weeks after the end of the month in which I renewed, I should receive the gifts to go along with it.

In this case, I renewed on Feb 8th, so mid March I should receive the membership card and the end of March I should receive the gifts.

Hope that helps.

• Not a Minion

Yeah, in another post covering the similar issue, it was mentioned that orders are sent out at the end of the month.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

My dad was having issues with it and still hasn't received anything. He actually get an email and a phone call from Disney Shopping that basically said the Magazine would be here in the first week of march and the membership kit by the end. Like I said, still no magazine...

I've gotta say I don't think they're handeling these very well. You'd think you'd want to please your current members since they're the ones shelling out the cash. Can't wait for the fiasco that'll come when I have to renew mine.

Im with ya too, renewed the 1st week of Feb, and my card hasn't been charged and nothing received yet =(

• mountains beyond mtns.

I did not renew but joined for the first time and my membership kit arrived about a month after my membership card did.

Truly, the best thing you can do is write your frustration in a nicely worded letter that expresses the disappointing customer service that D23 has received, after decades of working with some of the best guest-services people in the industry.

Write a brief, to-the-point, well-worded complaint (not a "diatribe," just a brief complaint) and send it to:

Steven Clark
    Head of Disney's D23

Zenia Mucha
    Senior Vice President Corporate Communications

Bob Iger
    President, The Walt Disney Company

Send three letters, individually addressed to each person, with cc's to the others at the bottom of the page.

All addresses are: 500 S. Buena Vista St., Burbank, CA 91521

Express your commitment to D23, and your belief and hope that this could turn into something great, but that the lack of customer service, of benefits and of interactive communications among this "fan community" has been intensely disappointing and has not delivered what was promised.

(Use those words, because they may have to look at potentially deceptive advertising practices used to market the D23 concept.)

Tell them you believe there are GREAT possibilities for D23 and you hope that this is just "growing pains." Let them know that you (or others you may know) can offer professional services. All we want is to see Disney's Fan Community be the BEST gathering of fans in the entire entertainment space. It takes time. The initial efforts have been wonderful. Steven Clark and his team have been wonderful ... but it is expensive, and it doesn't really get us the kind of community and insider access we were hoping for.

We just need some forum boards on the Internet, comment sections on stories, fan-submitted art and writing contests, really great incentives like discounts to stores and on online product. Make this into the card that opens all the doors in the Kingdom. You should be treated like royalty when you present a D23 card, not be given a look that says the waiter is wondering if he should perhaps forcibly throw you from the establishment.

D23 can be SOOOOOOOOOOO great. Management needs to know. Stop arguing and bickering amongst yourselfs about who gets certain technology and who doesn't. JUST DO IT. For the sake of the fans, without whom you would all have no jobs. Yes, let's just do it, please, Mr. Iger and Co.!

It never ceases to amaze me that people will spend the time to post complaints on an internet forum about a service that they didn't even spend the time to read the shipping terms when ordering. Sure, there are customer service issues that need to be addressed with D23, but the shipping terms are very specific when ordering and fully explain why you have not received your membership.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I have some info for you NNL. This is under the product description of every type of D23 Renewal:

Your Renewal Membership Card will arrive within 10-12 business days after the end of the month. The rest of your Renewal Membership Packet will arrive within 3-4 weeks after the end of the month.

If you have been waiting longer than the 3-4 weeks AFTER the end of the month you signed up, then you should probably write to [email protected] to check on the status of your order.

Hope this helps!

Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

I renewed on 2/1 (at least that's when I got my order confirmation e-mail). Since then I received my new card, my calendar, my new issue and (just last week) my Tink pin.

Now here's what I don't remember: Am I still supposed to be getting a new certificate?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HtomSirveaux View Post
    Now here's what I don't remember: Am I still supposed to be getting a new certificate?
    Not for a renewal.

Sounds like all your stuff has arrived as expected.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• You have much to learn...

I haven't received anything yet either, but did get an email today from disneystore.com saying my order was being processed.

Yes I did renew well over a month ago & knew the terms as well- but what really pisses me off is that the magazine has been on sale at newsstands for several weeks now. They make a big deal about all of the perks that D23 members get, yet why are the members who continue to pay the higher renewal fees, with the magazine- aren't even receiving their copies till weeks after the publication hit the newsstands.

You would think that members would be receiving theirs first- before the general public.

I've also been having this problem with receiving late issues/or no issues at all for the past year now & have had to contact them several times in the past.

I will try sending letters as well to the above- but I doubt this will do any good in the long run.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast