After Toby Tyler event, you can watch ...

"Waking Sleeping Beauty" at the Burbank AMC theatres, which opens there and in a few other select locations on Friday, March 25. You can search for more info on this documentary by Peter Schneider and Don Hahn, about the resurgence of Disney Animation in the 80's - I have not had the privilege of seeing it, but from all accounts it is extremely worthwhile and insightful. I do not know the showtimes but when I learned how close it would be screening to the studios, on the same day as the Toby Tyler event, I wanted to let you all know, because chances to see it may be very rare outside major media centers like LA and NY. There is a website, perhaps others can post more, but unfortunately I cannot attend afterwards, maybe there will be a screening very early in the day that I can catch before Toby. Hope some of you get to enjoy!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: After Toby Tyler event, you can watch ...

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCEsq View Post
    "Waking Sleeping Beauty" at the Burbank AMC theatres, which opens there and in a few other select locations on Friday, March 25.
    The film opens in theatres March 26th

more on the film & advance screenings info at:

http://micechat.com/forums/movies/13...3-26-10-a.html

Waking Sleeping Beauty
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

How can one buy tickets? The AMC Burbank site only shows films for March 27!
    Mike L
    Premier Annual Passport
    D23 Charter Member

'09 - D23 Expo, Princess & the Frog preview, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '10 - 1st Anniversary Party, Roy Disney Tribute, Pollyanna screening, Toy Story Marathon, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Dateline Disneyland 1955, Secretariat preview, Destination D, Zorro screening, Tangled preview
    '11 - Love is Magical, 2nd Anniversary Mixer, Absent Minded Professor screening, Destination D, Studio Tour, Sci-Fi Academy, D23 Expo (premier), Babes in Toyland screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '12 - Newsies screening, Journey to Marceline tour, Sister Act screening, Brave preview, Brave artists meet/greet/screening, Treasures Exhibit - Reagan Library preview, Timothy Green premiere, Destination D (diamond), Treasure Island screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '13 - El Capitan Peter Pan Panel & Screening, Disney Video Game Unveiling, Fanniversary, OZ preview, Son of Flubber screening, Summer Magic screening, Tiki Room 50th anniversary, D23 Expo (sorcerer), Sword in the Stone screening, Hocus Pocus screening, Frozen preview, 20,000 Leagues screening
    '14 - Pirate Fairy screening, Rebel Rendezvous, Three Musketeers screening, Mr. Toad screening, Snow White screening, Big Hero 6 preview, Little Mermaid screening, Destination D

Alias, thanks for noting my error. For some reason I have been off a day all month long ... the Toby screening is the 27th, the movie opens in several theatres nationwide on Friday the 26th.

Btown - I think AMC has at least 2 theatre multiplexes in the Burbank area, when the listings are posted for that screening period I will add the info here - sometimes it is around the Monday or Tuesday before the opening, which would be the 22nd or 23rd. I am hoping they have an early screening Saturday (the 27th!) so I can see it before going to the Studio for Toby Tyler. You are right, there are some items shown for the 27th already at one site, but that is not all their screens. Hope you can go!

Movie Times now online for screenings starting Friday 3/26

Below are times for Saturday, may be different other days - I might try to make early show and then catch lunch before heading to studio. It is at the Burbank AMC 16 theatres. Even if you are not going to Toby Tyler, it would be great to support the makers of this film by attending at some point during the week as national screenings are very limited.

Waking Sleeping Beauty Rated PG, 1 hr 26 min
    Purchase tickets 9:45am 12:10 2:45 5:20 7:55 10:30

•   

What a great Disney Day! Saw Toby Tyler then Waking Sleeping Beauty. D23 did a good job. Waking Sleeping Beauty was very informative and entertaining.
    Leonard
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. I REFUSE!"

• New-ish Member ;)

I saw Waking Sleeping Beauty after the great Toby Tyler event too haha - I waited to see Kevin Corcoran and almost didn't make it to my showing in time! It's a great documentary though, that any Disney fan should go see. I even went last weekend too, because Don Hahn and Peter Schneider were doing some Q&A screenings. If you become a fan of the movie on Facebook, they frequently update with what they're doing, and when they're speaking at screenings.