Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Re: Destination D 2010 & D23 EXPO 2011 Announced

Oooo, Destination D sounds like it'll be great, now they finally justified me having a D23 membership. Looking forward to that and the Expo in 2011, I'm so excited!!!!

I am so excited for both! Submit vacation requests now!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    This finally convinced me to join D23.
    And for me to consider rejoining... at least for Expo '11. I didn't re-up when my D23 membership expired this year, but maybe I'll sign up again, at least next year for Expo.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Hukuna Matata!

I cant wait, I am taking full advantage of this years expo.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

With the Expo being in the summer, looks like we might be able to make it.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

This is great news to help lift my spirits!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    With the Expo being in the summer, looks like we might be able to make it.
    Note that the expo isnt until 2011, this summer it will be the Destination D Disneyland 55 Event.

Darn, now i have to get a membership.

Also note that the expo is three days now, fri-sun im guessing, no more thursday ones i guess.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

I had a great time at the expo last year but I am concerned it is only going to be 3 days... I dont know about others but many of the sessions were filled up . I hope they fix that problem by 2011.. I also think it would be great if we could see footage of bear and the bow considering it is the december 2011 release... it makes sense considering they showed us PATF last year... 2011 could also mean the first round of marvel additions... perhaps even having a marvel area and previews of stuff coming up on xd or the movie world would bring in a few extra thousand people..

Talking D23 Expo tickets one year in advance!

Wow! Not only do we know the dates of the next Expo one year in advance, we can buy the tickets one year in advance. Hopefully, there will be a special incentive for those members who buy their tickets early!
    Mike L
    Premier Annual Passport
    D23 Charter Member

'09 - D23 Expo, Princess & the Frog preview, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '10 - 1st Anniversary Party, Roy Disney Tribute, Pollyanna screening, Toy Story Marathon, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Dateline Disneyland 1955, Secretariat preview, Destination D, Zorro screening, Tangled preview
    '11 - Love is Magical, 2nd Anniversary Mixer, Absent Minded Professor screening, Destination D, Studio Tour, Sci-Fi Academy, D23 Expo (premier), Babes in Toyland screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '12 - Newsies screening, Journey to Marceline tour, Sister Act screening, Brave preview, Brave artists meet/greet/screening, Treasures Exhibit - Reagan Library preview, Timothy Green premiere, Destination D (diamond), Treasure Island screening, Magic & Merriment Weekend
    '13 - El Capitan Peter Pan Panel & Screening, Disney Video Game Unveiling, Fanniversary, OZ preview, Son of Flubber screening, Summer Magic screening, Tiki Room 50th anniversary, D23 Expo (sorcerer), Sword in the Stone screening, Hocus Pocus screening, Frozen preview, 20,000 Leagues screening
    '14 - Pirate Fairy screening, Rebel Rendezvous, Three Musketeers screening, Mr. Toad screening, Snow White screening, Big Hero 6 preview, Little Mermaid screening, Destination D

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Looks like I'll have another geeky Disneyland birthday this year!
    Me too!!
    hopehopehope....

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I'm also looking forward to the Destination D event. And I understand that attendance will be limited to the size of their session seating. So everyone who gets in to the event will be able to enjoy all of the speakers and sessions!
    Yep. Steven and Becky from D23 told me last night that there will 1500 seats, or guests, for 'Destination D'. Which will be 500 less then the 2000 who attended the party last night.
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 63!
    D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    I cant wait, I am taking full advantage of this years expo.

Remember the D23 Expo in next year in 2011 for the August dates. I got all excited too and thought it was this summer, until I looked again and saw it's for next summer. But never the less I'll plan on being their next summer.

• Distant Disneylandaholic

While this is great news, it also concerns me in a few ways:

1. Only 1,500 people for Destination D? And they had "nearly 40,000 fans" at the Expo last year? Sounds like they are setting this up for a lot of disppointed people not being able to attend.

2. Tickets for Destination D go on sale in early summer. I guess that is rather far in advance, but for those of us out-of-state perhaps not enough time to get the good hotel deals. There is no way I'd book airfare until I knew I had a ticket to get in at Destination D. I guess we could lock up a hotel soon just in case.

3. Seems to be mainly geared toward So Cal locals, which I suppose is understandable.

Now since it's not good to offer complaints without suggestions , and since I'm pretty sure some of you D23 corporate folks will be reading this thread, how about a recommendation here? Please record all of the sessions at Destination D and make them available to D23 members for purchase in a DVD set. It doesn't have to be super fancy. You could take pre-orders even so you know how much of a DVD run to do. Please don't gouge us on the price either (you already get us on the membership fee). I don't know what the Destination D seminar fee would be, but that might be a reasonable DVD set price too? I'm sure you'll fill the 1500 seats even if the DVD set is priced below the Destination D entrance fee. I guess you'd have to figure out a fair price if some of the 1500 wanted to buy the set too so they don't get hit full-price twice.

This way those out of state can see the presentations without incurring $1,000+ in travel costs. Also, all the D23 members who can't get into this limited 1500 seating-capacity (and we know A LOT more than 1500 will want to attend) won't be completely shut out and angry.

As for the Expo, I'm glad they've scheduled it for the summer. It will be nice for those attending to have Disneyland open later at night to enjoy after the day's events at the Expo.

Anyway, just some thoughts. I'm very glad to see D23 reaching out like this. And yes, it makes me jealous yet again of those who live close to Disneyland

• Distant Disneylandaholic

Off-topic: Jaxum--very impressive parks attendance for 2009! I'm in SLC too and am nowhere near that amount.

Back on topic: 2009 Expo was awesome. Looking forward to hopefully pulling off the 2011 Expo too!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxum View Post
    Yep. Steven and Becky from D23 told me last night that there will 1500 seats, or guests, for 'Destination D'. Which will be 500 less then the 2000 who attended the party last night.

u h o h
    maybe a high price ticket?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast