Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Destination D 2010 & D23 EXPO 2011 Announced

Disney has announced their plans for the 2011 Expo as well as a new event for 2010 which celebrates the birth, design, and creativity of Disneyland Park.

DISNEY’S D23 CELEBRATES DISNEYLAND’S 55TH ANNIVERSARY
    WITH ALL-NEW, TWO-DAY DESTINATION D EVENT
    2011 Dates for D23 EXPO Also Announced as the Official Community for Disney Fans Marks First Year

BURBANK, Calif. – March 10, 2010 – It’s a milestone year for the Disneyland® Resort, and D23: The Official Community for Disney Fans is celebrating with the premiere of DESTINATION D, a brand-new, two-day event exclusively for D23 Members that illuminates Disney’s fascinating history.

D23 announced its latest members-only event on its first anniversary – capping a year in which Disney’s first-ever fan community grew to encompass tens of thousands of members from all 50 U.S. states and more than 30 countries worldwide.

The inaugural DESTINATION D, whose theme is “Disneyland ’55,”will be held this Sept. 24-25. DESTINATION D: Disneyland ’55 will take D23 Members on a journey through the design, creation, debut and magical history of the world’s first Disney theme park. The first DESTINATION D will be held in the Grand Ballroom of the Disneyland Hotel.

DESTINATION D: Disneyland ’55 will offer two full days of special presentations, panels, screenings and guest speakers that let fans meet and talk with key figures in Disneyland’s history. Future DESTINATION D events will explore other important aspects of Disney’s creative legacy. Following its premiere in September, DESTINATION D will alternate annually with the enormously popular D23 EXPO.

The next D23 EXPO is set for Aug. 19-21, 2011, returning to the Anaheim Convention Center. Tickets for the 2011 D23 Expo will go on sale Aug. 19 (one year in advance), with specially priced tickets available exclusively to D23 Members. In addition, D23 Charter Members will have access to a special Charter Member Lounge at the 2011 D23 Expo, at no additional cost.

The first-ever D23 EXPO attracted nearly 40,000 Disney fans when it debuted last September, bringing the entire world of Disney under one massive roof. During the D23 EXPO, fans were treated to appearances by superstars like Johnny Depp, Miley Cyrus and John Travolta; explored exciting, new concepts and attractions from Disney Parks and Walt Disney Imagineering; peered into Disney’s history at special panels, presentations and displays; and discovered the newest entertainment, products and events from throughout The Walt Disney Company.

“The first D23 Expo surpassed all of our expectations, and our 2011 Expo is already shaping up to be a jaw-dropping, not-to-be missed showcase of the best and brightest Disney has to offer,” said Steven Clark, head of D23.

“We’re very excited to also be creating an entirely new event with DESTINATION D, which will bring Disney’s fascinating history to D23 Members in ways no other Disney fan can experience,” Clark said. “There’s nowhere on earth quite as special as Disneyland, and we want fans to see it as they never have before.”

The D23 team is in the midst of developing exclusive programming for DESTINATION D – but an early peek at plans reveals a host of special speakers, presentations and panels throughout the two-day event, including:

• “Disneyland: The Way We Were” – Disney’s Chief Archivist Dave Smith will look back at highlights from Disneyland history;
    • “Disney Undiscovered” – An exploration of never-built projects and attractions developed for Disneyland;
    • “23 on 55” – The Walt Disney Archives celebrates Disneyland’s 55th anniversary;
    • “Weird Disney” – A showcase for some of the quirky, little-known facts, places, people and ideas that even the most avid fan might not know.

More details on the programming and events planned for DESTINATION D: Disneyland ’55 – as well as details about the 2011 D23 EXPO – will be available soon at www.disney.com/D23. Tickets will go on sale early this summer.

DESTINATION D joins a lineup of special events throughout 2010 designed exclusively for D23 Members. Among them are free screenings of classic Disney movies during the “50 & Fabulous” film festival at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank; members-only tours of the famed Walt Disney Archives; an exclusive Sip & Stroll event during the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival; and holiday-themed Magic and Merriment weekend at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Not a Minion

Re: Destination D 2010 & D23 EXPO 2011 Announced

“The first D23 Expo surpassed all of our expectations, and our 2011 Expo is already shaping up to be a jaw-dropping, not-to-be missed showcase of the best and brightest Disney has to offer,” said Steven Clark, head of D23.
    My favorite part of the press release

Anyhoo, if D23 is taking recommendations to special presentations, I think they should have small group tours (would be very small and very much in high demand) that tours guests around Disneyland, including backstage areas, with imagineers. I think that'd be a cool thing to do during the Destination D event.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Oh boy...do I want to go to that Destination D thingy!

Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease.

Thanks, Dusty! You're awesome, as always :-)

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I'm also looking forward to the Destination D event. And I understand that attendance will be limited to the size of their session seating. So everyone who gets in to the event will be able to enjoy all of the speakers and sessions!

Disneyland may not be doing anything special for the big 55th birthday, but I'm glad to see D23 doing it!!!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I am too, but of course I'm worried about the cost. I expect this to be a big ticket item, so I'm convincing myself I won't be disappointed when I'm priced out.

Not workin' so far. However, I will be at the D23 party at DL tonight...wheeeeeeee!

• Your Average Joe

"...DESTINATION D will alternate annually with the enormously popular D23 EXPO."

I guess this means the expo will be every 2-years from here on out.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Sounds like it'll be a great event! Can't wait

and anybody else thinking they might announce something big for DL at the event? Finally some new attractions, the E-Tickets Al mentioned?
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Disney Trivia God

SWEEEEET! This sounds like a fabulous plan! It's great of them to announce the dates so early - for those of us that have to come from out of state, it makes planning so much easier.

I liked this part, too:

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    In addition, D23 Charter Members will have access to a special Charter Member Lounge at the 2011 D23 Expo, at no additional cost.
    It's nice that they're throwing another bone to those of us who were with them in the beginning. It's really cool of Disney to thank us in this way.

I'm really excited about Destination D and the 2011 Expo. Sounds like a great time!

• Disneylander

I am very excited about the Destination D event and Expo 2011 - I've already blocked off both on my calendar.
    We had such a great time at the last Expo. The member lounge sounds great too.

• Always smiling

I'm really having a Disney geek out moment here! I'm having surgery tomorrow and these two events are really going to help me recover quickly!

• Refugee from a island

Quote Originally Posted by Figaro View Post
    I am very excited about the Destination D event and Expo 2011 - I've already blocked off both on my calendar.
    We had such a great time at the last Expo. The member lounge sounds great too.

DITTO!!! I am so there.

Talking Re: Destination D 2010 & D23 EXPO 2011 Announced

Woohoo my 2nd post. Thanks Dusty for this super great update. I was so excited I was woohooing at my desk at work <snicker> I can't wait as it sounds like it is going to be way beyond my expections. I been waiting for word on another Expo, the first one was just awesome!
    I planned my vac this year around the 55th, sad that so far nothing big mentioned for it. But atleast there is the Destination D

• Circle of Ancients

This finally convinced me to join D23.

Yay!!!!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Looks like I'll have another geeky Disneyland birthday this year!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast