Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Flowers and Fireworks - May 15-16 2010 - Event Info

D23 has announced the details of the Flowers and Fireworks event to be held at Walt Disney World May 15-16, 2010. Tickets go on sale April 8, 2010 at 10 am Pacific. Cost $195.

The Flower and Garden Festival has always been one of my favorite times of year at Epcot. I'd love to attend this event. I've already got a trip planned for just a couple weeks after this, but I just might do this as well. . . if I can get tickets. These two day WDW events are pretty spectacular and very popular. Keep track of the ticketing date and be prepared to buy on time!

Here's how Disney describes the event:

Come and celebrate the color and creativity of Walt Disney World with D23 during the Epcot International Flowers & Garden Festival!

The weekend blossoms Saturday evening as guests gather at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa for a delicious beachside cookout. Enjoy a savory salad before diving into a grilled beef burger from the Evo Grill (veggie burgers too!) or chicken breast with Floridian citrus barbeque sauce glaze, served with all the fixings. Make sure to leave room for mouth-watering side dishes like creamy Southern-style cole slaw, slow-cooked vegetarian baked beans and Baked Mac 'n' Fine Cheeses. And don't forget dessert! (We know we won't!) Choose between Mickey Strawberry Shortcake or Hershey's Chocolate S'mores Bread Pudding with Vanilla Crème Anglaise Sauce. Or enjoy both! During dinner, some of Disney's most beloved characters will also hit the sand to visit with you.

Then sit back and watch a private viewing of the delightful Electrical Water Pageant as it sails by on the Seven Seas Lagoon. The Pageant — Disney's longest-running parade, having launched in 1971 — boasts a bevy of colorful characters on barges illuminated with thousands of twinkling lights. Following the show, guests will be treated to an exclusive presentation about the creation of Walt Disney World's fireworks spectaculars. And the night wouldn't be complete without a private lakeside viewing of the Magic Kingdom's beloved fireworks spectacular Wishes.

Sunday morning meet at 9 a.m. in the Grand Harbor Ballroom of Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts for a morning of special presentations, created just for D23 Members and their guests. After enjoying breakfast from the continental buffet including "A Spoonful of Sugar" breakfast scones with clotted cream and fresh jams and warm cinnamon loaf laced with fondant, "Mad Hatter" scrambled eggs (with assorted "Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum toppings"!), Snow (Egg) White Vegetable Frittata, Tink's Yogurt Parfaits and classic Mickey Waffles fresh fruit toppings and pecans and whipped cream, grab a seat as Epcot Vice President Dan Cockrell will kick off the morning, giving insider insight into the new additions currently being built at Epcot — a new authentic Neapolitan pizzeria at Italy's pavilion and expanded outdoor for Cantina de San Angel at the Mexico pavilion. Michael Jenner, WDW Park Events Content Development Operations Manager, will give an exclusive sneak peek at what's to come at this fall's Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, which will be celebrating its 15th year of cooking up delicious dishes for Disney guests! Eric Darden, Horticulture Manager of the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, will present "The History and Behind the Scenes Secrets of the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival." Then, Daniel Wasilick of Twinings Tea — one of the original partners at Epcot — will serve up something special just for guests, including a look at their refreshing teas that can only be found at Epcot. And of course, there will be some terrific surprises and gifts!

After a morning of enriching panels and presentations inside, it's time to hit Epcot to see the International Flower & Garden Festival up close and personal. Guests will have several hours during the day to enjoy the park at their own pace.

That evening, get ready for some Flower Power as you head to the American Gardens Theatre to do the twist with Chubby Checker! D23 Members and their guests will enjoy reserved VIP seating for the concert. And after burning off some calories twisting the night away, it's time for dessert! A selection of savory sweets — including some of Walt's personal favorites — will be awaiting guests at Italy Isola, where everyone will also be able to enjoy private viewing of the Epcot signature spectacle, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.

Of course, no D23 event would be complete without some extra magic! We look forward to making once-in-a-lifetime memories over these two days of festivities.

Included with the cost of your ticket:

• Private dinner on the beach at Disney's Grand Floridian Hotel & Spa
    • Private viewing of the Electrical Water Pageant and Wishes
    • Presentation on the Magic Kingdom's fireworks spectaculars
    • Continental breakfast at Disney's Beach Club Resort
    • Exclusive presentations from Dan Cockrell, Michael Jenner, Eric Darden, and Daniel Wasilick
    • Private VIP seating at Chubby Checker's Flower Power concert
    • Private dessert party and viewing of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
    • Commemorative gift (one per guest)

NOTE: Available only to D23 Members in good standing. Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and THREE (3) guests. Epcot park admission IS REQUIRED for Sunday's Flower Power concert, dessert party, and IllumiNations viewing, park tickets are NOT included with the price of the event. Guests are required to provide their own transportation to and from Disney's Grand Floridian Resort on Saturday (Disney transportation will be available). On Sunday, guests must provide their own transportation to and from the Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center Grand Harbor Ballroom; please note, guests staying on Disney property may take a Disney bus (Disney buses begin running at 6:45 a.m.) to Disney's Hollywood Studios and change bus to a Yacht & Beach Club bus. There are a limited number of tickets available. Tickets may be picked up only with a valid photo ID AND D23 MEMBERSHIP CARD. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card may not be admitted to the event. Ticketed Members who do not attend the event forfeit their place as well as all experiences, benefits, and gifts associated with the event. All D23 Special Events are subject to change without notice. There are no cancellations or refunds, and tickets are not transferable.
    Tickets and Info: D23 | Official online destination for Disney Fans | Disney
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Flowers and Fireworks - May 15-16 2010 - Event Info

I attended this event last year when it was free and just the Flower Power Concert and the IllumiNations dessert party. It was a fantastic event and I'd love to do it again, but I won't be making it out to WDW this year. The $195 price tag seems a little high at first, but with a private dinner on the beach, continental breakfast with presentations, and an IllumiNations dessert party, plus everything else -- it's not bad at all.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I'm trying to talk NNL into it, but $400 for both of us might be just too much. Tempting though...itching to go to our first D23 event!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

I am not going to miss this!! I'm really glad they kept the price point the same as with last year's Magic and Merriment event. I was really afraid they were going to boost the price up. It looks like they scaled back a little, with only one big catered meal (and a much smaller "continental breakfast") instead of having two big meals like they did at the M&M. But I understand if they had to do this to keep the price the same. It still looks awesome! I think the dinner on the beach a DGF looks simply amaaaaazing!

Now I just hope I can get tix. I know this will sell out just as fast as the other WDW events, I have to keep my fingers crossed. I'm already checking airfare prices... if I see something good I might just grab it now!!
    --Jonathan

Interesting that they're no longer including park admission - that was what made Magic & Merriment such a screamin' deal...

No park admission, no special tours of the festival exhibits at Epcot....don't really see any reason to attend. I am pretty disappointed. Also, two of the included items (dessert party and reserved seating to concert) were part of the FREE event last year. So for $195 this year you are getting to go to two things that were free last year, plus continental breakfast, bbq, and some presentations.

This is more of a day and an evening event. I am looking into going, just trying to figure out the logistics of doing it. Work has me in Germany a few weeks before, and I am planning on spending a few days in DLRP at the end.
    I find it interesting that tickets are not included this time. Might be just to stop the complaining from folks that have AP's who wanted a discount.
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 63!
    D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

If I could, I would SO be attending this event. WDW...flowers...fireworks. It's just full of win.

I need one of those fairy godmothers. Anybody wanna lend me one? :-)

Whoever ends up going, we must, MUST have an extensive trip report. Please???

Wow, such a let down, for this would have been my first WDW D23 event. I am willing to pay the price if it included park admission, even though I don't need it. I have a friend joining me who could use my ticket. However, a cookout, continental breakfast, and dessert buffet for $195?! I would rather do Hoop-De-Doo dinner, Crystal Palace breakfast, and Wishes dessert buffet for a grand total of ... $100, before my Tables in Wonderland discount. Would $95 make up for the exclusivity, presentations, and gift? That's where I'm looking for the value and do not see it.
    Ludwig von Baroketch

Kapellmeister, Gracey Estate

Quote Originally Posted by VonBaroketch View Post
    I would rather do Hoop-De-Doo dinner, Crystal Palace breakfast, and Wishes dessert buffet for a grand total of ... $100, before my Tables in Wonderland discount. Would $95 make up for the exclusivity, presentations, and gift? That's where I'm looking for the value and do not see it.
    Wow good point. I sent an email to D23 customer service expressing my disappointment in the price of ticket as well as what is included - doubt it will help, but doesn't hurt I guess.

• Diva Extrodinaire

Enjoy a savory salad before diving into a grilled beef burger from the Evo Grill (veggie burgers too!) or chicken breast with Floridian citrus barbeque sauce glaze, served with all the fixings. Make sure to leave room for mouth-watering side dishes like creamy Southern-style cole slaw, slow-cooked vegetarian baked beans and Baked Mac 'n' Fine Cheeses. And don't forget dessert! (We know we won't!) Choose between Mickey Strawberry Shortcake or Hershey's Chocolate S'mores Bread Pudding with Vanilla Crème Anglaise Sauce. Or enjoy both! During dinner, some of Disney's most beloved characters will also hit the sand to visit with you.
    S'mores Bread Pudding? I die! But I'm not going. Across the country and nearly $200! Heck no techno! That being said, if D23 wants to do more free/almost free events, I think dinners and meets at the parks/hotels/theatres would be very cool!
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

At least they may resolve the problem of another WDW event selling out in minutes!

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by VonBaroketch View Post
    Wow, such a let down, for this would have been my first WDW D23 event. I am willing to pay the price if it included park admission, even though I don't need it. I have a friend joining me who could use my ticket. However, a cookout, continental breakfast, and dessert buffet for $195?! I would rather do Hoop-De-Doo dinner, Crystal Palace breakfast, and Wishes dessert buffet for a grand total of ... $100, before my Tables in Wonderland discount. Would $95 make up for the exclusivity, presentations, and gift? That's where I'm looking for the value and do not see it.
    Honestly I don't get it--whenever event details are posted someone always has to put up a shopping list of "but I could do the same thing" and list a bunch of stuff that seem (to the uninitiated) to be "equivalent" but actually would not be the same at all. It so greatly misses the point of having a members only special event planned for a limited group.

I'm sorry, but the Crystal Palace buffet would not be anywhere near the equivalent of a private catered dinner on the beach at Disney's Grand Floridian, the premier flagship luxury resort at WDW. If you haven't been to a WDW D23 event, you simply don't understand how incredible the catered dinners have been... for me it is one of the outstanding aspects of these events. They don't just truck in a bunch of theme park food and throw them on paper plates. The food is simply amazing, about as gourmet caliber as you can get with a catered buffet for a large group. Yeah, so you can go to McDonald's for cheaper too... have a nice time.

As for the park ticket issue... count me as one who doesn't care because, yes, as a Premier Pass holder I have no use for superfluous park tickets I would not use. My tix from Magic and Merriment expired at the bottom of a desk drawer.
    --Jonathan

For WDW, the whole ticket issue is an issue. I applaud D23 for trying it a different way. In some respects, the real solution is to just offer a package with a ticket and one where you use your existing ticket. That way everybody can be happy. Or do as they did in Disneyland and just make it an after hours event.

I think the main issue is not whether or not park tickets are included - it is that for a similar event last year, the price was EXACTLY the same but included park tickets. If the park tickets aren't included - then the price should be lower.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast