• Diva Extrodinaire

Idea: More Benefits?

How about small things, such as a 15-20% discount on tickets to Disney films at a major movie chain or two? How about 10% off at the Disney Store and online? Or even 5-10% off annual passes and park tickets? Heck, even something small like double points at Disney movie Rewards would be great! I just think more Internet-based, not major city/event-based benefits would be great! Even more sweepstakes or occasional giveaways on a larger scale.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Diva Extrodinaire

Re: Idea: More Benefits?

Just forgot there was a thread I already started. Oops! IDEA: More D23 Benefits?

Anyways, here is a summary:
    - Pre-orders of DVDs/Blu-Rays by Disney
    - More premium, limited-quantity merchandise
    - Attraction previews in the theme parks
    - Indtroductory t-shirts
    - Online preview videos
    - Members can submit articles for Twenty Three magazine
    - An official online D23 forum
    - More access to Disney library
    - Less expensive merchandise!

And I have more ideas:
    - Local film preview a day or two before for members in major cities
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

A D23 lounge at the parks would be nice. Maybe a discount for books and music? In Florida, ramping up the Lunch with an Imagineer program and targeting D23 members would be good. And a special dining reservation line for all 6 parks.

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    Just forgot there was a thread I already started. Oops! IDEA: More D23 Benefits?

Anyways, here is a summary:
    - Indtroductory t-shirts
    - Online preview videos

And I have more ideas:
    - Local film preview a day or two before for members in major cities
    LOL because you started another thread that of something that already existed (and was originally created by you!) lol

Also, before I go on to spit out my viewponts on these, I know some of these ideas come from myself a few months back, but my views have definitely changed and here's what I have to say about such ideas:
    Amazon does pre-orders, and typically lists pricing much less than what Disney charges on their site. I think Pre-orders would be great from D23, but from a financial stand point, if they can't beat a competition's price, this may reflect badly upon them as another means of getting money.

Would like to see this, but I think their premium products on the Disney store definitely needs better marketing. I think that the average D23 member or non-d23 member gets enough exposure to know about these products. Could be wrong though.

Hopefully, especially for DCA's WoC. Typically Disney does media previews of events and for large scale events like WoC, I think Disney could score a few bucks and happy members for getting special previews. For example, my idea is if D23 could secure 1000 or 1500 seats of the 9000 seats for WoC during it's media preview (if they have one) and sell each ticket for say, at least $5 or $10 a piece (I know I'd pay up to $30 for a ticket for this highly anticipated show if it guaranteed me great seats), that would be good income on Disney's side. Toss in a desert party or a q&a or panel discussion with imagineers involved with the show, then I think they've got a great preview event at very minimal costs.

- Indtroductory t-shirts
    Still would like to see this happen. Surprisingly, many Disney aficionados do not know what D23 is and I think T-shirts to sport around the parks or in public would benefit the club greatly.

- Online preview videos
    Once again, would still like to see this happen. Maybe feature some special movie previews like for toy story 3, there were some great 5 minute clips included in the TS1 and TS2 blu-ray set.

Like this idea still. I think it can be developed into a "testimonial" section where members can voice out their experience from a D23 event or submit their personal photos to just give readers a member's eye view of things.

Would like this, but I think MiceChat wins my awards for the best D23 online forums. Not really necessary anymore. I feel that D23 has really grown thanks to user input on non Disney owned forums.

Not sure by what you mean by this, but if it translates to getting "Songs of the South" as a purchasable item for D23 members, then I'm all for it

I'm fine with price now. Disney has really started to show quality with the price one pays for their merchandise.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    How about small things, such as a 15-20% discount on tickets to Disney films at a major movie chain or two? How about 10% off at the Disney Store and online? Or even 5-10% off annual passes and park tickets?
    If the membership numbers for D23 were significantly higher, say in the 2 million worldwide range, than what they included for some ridiculous reason in their recent press release,

Disney’s first-ever fan community grew to encompass tens of thousands of members from all 50 U.S. states and more than 30 countries worldwide.

you might actually see more of the things you've suggested. From the company's overall view the club as it stands now wouldn't seem to merit more financial advantages. Losing revenue in assured areas isn't looked at as a plus.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006