Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

El Cap Event - Toy Story Magical Marathon - 3 Toy Story movies back to back!

See Toy Story 1, 2, AND 3 at the El Capitan on June 17th, 2010

D23 Members will have the first crack at tickets to this marathon event before they go on sale to the general public. Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning - April 16th at 10am PST. If tickets remain, they will then become available to the general public on the 26th.

For the ticket price, attendees will get popcorn, treats, drinks, a meal, and meet some special guests during the breaks. There will also be a Toy Story "Fun Zone" set up next to the theater for some interactive fun after the show.

This is an El Capitan event, but they are working with D23 to give the die-hard fans the first chance to purchase tickets.

Toy Story Magical Marathon
    D23 Members have the chance to see Toy Story, Toy Story 2, and be the first to see Toy Story 3 in one out of this world event, full of surprises!

Date: June 17, 2010
    Location: El Capitan Theatre, Hollywood (6838 Hollywood Blvd.)
    Time: First screening begins at 3 p.m.
    Cost: $100 per ticket (D23 Members may purchase up to four tickets)
    Tickets: Available at 10 a.m. PST Friday, April 16, 2010 (Check back on this page for ticketing information)

D23 Members will be among the first to see the Woody, Buzz and the gang in the new Disney•Pixar film Toy Story 3 as part of a Toy Story marathon—all in dazzling Disney Digital 3D—at the historic El Capitan Theatre on June 17, 2010.

Grab your complimentary (commemorative) popcorn bucket and drink and head to your seats! The curtain rises on the original Toy Story at 3 p.m., and from then on, it’s a day of delights and surprises. Special guests will make appearances throughout the event. During breaks, guests will be offered a meal as well as an ice cream treat to keep thing sweet!

Following the screening of Toy Story 3 guests will head back to the Toy Story 3 Fun Zone behind the El Capitan to enjoy the complete Toy Story experience. Woody, Buzz, and Jessie will be there to meet guests, and will be starring in the "Dancing with the Toys" show. Take a seat on the Ferris wheel, maybe challenge some friends in an obstacle course, play the latest video games in Andy's Game Room or bounce in Buzz's bounce house! There will be something for everyone to enjoy. And every guest will receive a commemorative, limited-edition surprise gift for joining the fun!

Included with the price of admission:
    - Screenings of Toy Story, Toy Story 2, and Toy Story 3 in Disney Digital 3-D

- Assigned seat

- Special popcorn bucket and a beverage

- One boxed meal and a beverage

- An ice cream treat and a beverage

- Admission to the Toy Story 3 Fun Zone following the screenings of Toy Story 3

- Surprise guest appearances

- Commemorative, limited-edition surprise gift

NOTE: Available only to D23 Members in good standing. D23 Members may purchase a ticket for themselves and up to three (3) guests. There are a limited number of tickets available. D23 Members have the chance to purchase these tickets first; tickets will be released to the general public beginning April 26, 2010. There will be breaks between each screening. The first screening will begin at 3 p.m., but screening times for the second two films will not be announced prior to the event. D23 Members will be required to give their membership number when purchasing tickets. Tickets will be mailed in advance, all guests will need to bring their tickets to check in at Will Call to receive the credential for the event and the food vouchers. Will Call will open ONE HOUR before the performance with a valid photo ID AND D23 MEMBERSHIP CARD at the El Capitan Theatre. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card may not be admitted to theater. All D23 Special Events are subject to change without notice.

Toy Story Marathon Event Info

Tickets on sale now: call (818) 845-3110 for tickets.

-Dusty
    Last edited by Dustysage; 04-16-2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Added ticket phone number
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: El Cap Event - Toy Story Magical Marathon - 3 Toy Story movies back to back!

Out of my budget, but sounds really cool!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: El Cap Event - Toy Story Magical Marathon - 3 Toy Story movies back to back!

I've been to several events at the El Cap where they've built special interactive exhibits. They are usually very well done. I'm glad to see that they are still willing to do this since it is so expensive to put on a pavilion like that.

I think it would be fun to see the movies back to back on the big screen so you can watch the progression of Pixar's rendering of animation.
    Find us on Facebook:

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

This sounds like a lot of fun but... work day AND $100 means I will not do this.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   

I am generally supportive of all D23 events and this may be a reasonable price for 3 movies. But I don't think my backside can handle three movies in those seats. Also, I really like the "complimentary popcorn". For $100 it doesn't sound free but maybe it's just me.
    Leonard
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. I REFUSE!"

• Banned User

Unless one of the surprises is that John Lasseter will follow me home and paint my house--no, sounds cool, but totally not worth $100.

• Not a Minion

I'm guessing guest appearances would be people involved with the film. With that said, Would you say that d23 would get better response if they had done a DVD/blu-Ray combo pack give away intend of screening all three films?

My logic behind thia is that people have seen toy story 1 and 2, so probably it's not in their best interest to pay to see it again. Getting a copy of the film gives them something tangible, putting more value in the event. From a business stand point, I was able to obtain my copies of the movies for $5 each after coupons from Disney, so I feel confident that the costs to do this wouldn't make a big difference (because logically speaking, if even sold at $5, disney must have some sort of profit margin). Now going back to the guests, members can now have merchandise autographed, putting more value in the event and still have fun meeting with the special guests. Just a thought.

So what do you think?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Tickets are on sale now

Call (818) 845-3110 for tickets.
    Find us on Facebook:

• or CBF

Got my tickets!

This will be my first D23 event, and one that I'm really excited for.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• MiceChat Moderator

If they did this a WEEK before the release of Toy Story 3, I probably would actually make an attempt. $100 just to see it the night before isn't as special. I'm sure it will be a GREAT event though.

• Wilderness Explorer

I was reading through this and got REALLY excited.
    But then I read that it was $100 and it's only the night before the movie is released to the public...
    Like really, we'd be seeing it maybe 3 hours before someone else does.

It really sucks because the Toy Story movies are some of my favorite movies, and I would love to attend this event. Plus after missing the anniversary, I promised myself I would attend the next event I wanted to go to... but I just can't afford $100.

I bet anything Lee Unkrich, and probably John Lasseter, will be there.

• Banned User

For only $25, D23 members can come over to my house and watch the first two movies in my living room. I'm serving complementary popcorn as well.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandtour View Post
    For only $25, D23 members can come over to my house and watch the first two movies in my living room. I'm serving complementary popcorn as well.

Is there a free gift?

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

For the $100. price tag, my guess is that Lasseter will make an appreance. I've been to other Lasseter events which later seemed over-priced for the content. Lasseter = $$$.

As much as I like the Toy Story Films and like what Lasseter has done for the industry. I'm going to pass and save $100.00 for something else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Events like this is why I joined D23, but for $100?? That's too much. Especially when the Up all night was free, wasn't it?
    Get @ me Tweet - www.twitter.com/infamous

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast