Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Disney Twenty-three Magazine Summer Issue Info

A certain attractive MiceChat family is featured in a two page spread in the Summer Disney Twenty-Three magazine. Disney has some great photographers and this will be something that Legally Brunette and her family can treasure for the rest of their lives.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

got mine. woody. last issue

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    A certain attractive MiceChat family is featured in a two page spread in the Summer Disney Twenty-Three magazine. Disney has some great photographers and this will be something that Legally Brunette and her family can treasure for the rest of their lives.
    that's awesome. I'd love to see myself in a D23 magazine issue

Got mine today, Buzz

I got mine today. Woody

I got mine! Woody!

Got mine today.... Buzz cover! Although I was a little disappointed that there was no special gift. Didn't realize they had stated this before. I also didn't like the comic style printing in the movie section of the magazine. It's too "fancy" of a magazine for that. But all in all, the content was very very good! I really enjoyed the Disney family history article, as well as the Tokyo disneyland one... looks like they're gonna beat us out again!

Buzz cover arrived today!

I had heard there was not going to be a "gift" this issue which was not a problem. But I thought I lucked out and got a bonus with my issue. Instead the flyer inside is nothing but an advertisement to sell a cheap magazine portfolio to hold 4 issues.

Seriously D23, 60 BUCKS (plus tax in certain states)...that is supposed to be a special offer just for us D23 members.

• Disney Trivia God

Mine showed up yesterday -- Woody!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    Buzz cover arrived today!

I had heard there was not going to be a "gift" this issue which was not a problem. But I thought I lucked out and got a bonus with my issue. Instead the flyer inside is nothing but an advertisement to sell a cheap magazine portfolio to hold 4 issues.

Seriously D23, 60 BUCKS (plus tax in certain states)...that is supposed to be a special offer just for us D23 members.
    I'm with you -- I was FLOORED that they wanted us to drop $60 for a cheap portfolio. They're *nice*, but not 60 bucks nice. My issues are stored nice & neat in the plastic sleeves and boxes that they shipped in; no need for an overpriced box.

Just a quick thought on the magazine case, you all are acting like it's a requirement of membership to buy one! lol

Obviously, just don't buy it. It's an option for those members who would like it and I actually think it's great they are offering it. What a cool idea!

For someone to be 'Floored' is a little bit dramatic. It's not like it's $100's of dollars and some cheap cardboard case. It's only $60 bucks and is well worth it.

I purchased mine back at the end of last year, and I'm sorry, but it isn't simply some 'cheap' magazine case. I feel it's very premium and is made very nicely. It has the D23 logo embossed on the inside of the portfolio and with the name of the magazine 'Disney Twenty-Three, Vol. 1 2009' it's a classy and safe way to store your magazines. This is not just some cheap case. It's a premium offering for those members who wish to preserve their magazines in style.

If you don't have one, it's difficult to make a judgement. I am very glad I got mine and am very satisfied.

Can't wait for the Vol. 2 2010 portfolio! Will look very nice on a bookcase with the spines showing! Here's hoping D23 continues with them!

LOL Hi D43boy! It looks like there is a new Disney apologist on the boards... or is it an insider?

Take two steps down off your soap box, neither one of 'all' of us (ie two people) ever said we were required or felt obligated to get one of these cheap cases. Somehow I am under the impression that even if it were hundreds of dollars you'd still be touting about what a great deal it is. Please enlighten all of us on just how "premium" the quality and craftsmanship this cardboard case is? 60 bucks is an extreme price (nearly the cost of a years membership) for what you get, sorry if you fell for it.
    Last edited by Disney Magic; 05-07-2010 at 02:23 PM.

• Not a Minion

I got mine today. A buzz for those that are curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    LOL Hi D43boy! It looks like there is a new Disney apologist on the boards... or is it an insider?

Take two steps down off your soap box, neither one of 'all' of us (ie two people) ever said we were required or felt obligated to get one of these cheap cases. Somehow I am under the impression that even if it were hundreds of dollars you'd still be touting about what a great deal it is. Please enlighten all of us on just how "premium" the quality and craftsmanship this cardboard case is? 60 bucks is an extreme price (nearly the cost of a years membership) for what you get, sorry if you fell for it.
    Oh this made me chuckle! Silly Disney Magic. Let's try to keep it civil. I was simply expressing my satisfaction with the product. Let's set the record straight. It is not cardboard. And as we both know, quality and craftsmanship is a matter of opinion. However, I was simply pointing out, that my opinion may hold a little more weight than yours, because I actually own the case. Are you basing your assumptions off a small photo on a brochure? It's best to wait and judge things when you have actually seen and felt it. Money is relative. Perhaps for you, $60 is something you simply can't do. I understand, times are tough. It's different for everyone. Saying $60 is EXTREME is not fact, it's your opinion based on your own financial and personal situation. I was simply expressing my satisfaction with a product and pointing out that making judgements without actually seeing the product in person is baseless and moot. That's all! lol No hidden agenda here.

I'm sorry you seemed to get so defensive so quickly. My post was not meant to get anyone riled up, or upset you.

Just stating an opinion!

And just because you are not able/willing to spend $60 on a case for magazines doesn't mean that others won't. I certainly wasn't swindled by D23, but you insinuated that by saying I 'fell for it'. Isn't that a little harsh?
    Last edited by d43boy; 05-07-2010 at 09:03 PM.

Plus, isnt the case offered "outside" of D23 Disneystore? So that may be the manufacturers set price?? I want to get one soon, it looks nice!
    BTW, Today at WDI we were informed Jessie will be the "hardest" issue to get since it was 1/6 issues made was Jessie, then Buzz, then Woody.

The case is definitely not cheap. I also have one of the cases and it is very well put together. It is made of a nice black cloth that is stamped with both silver and black foil. The cloth seems to be nicely wrapped around a sturdy board, similar to a hard cover book, and it has cool wrap around magnetic flap closure. The magazines fit perfectly inside and can be easily pulled out using a little silk ribbon attached to the inside of the case. I could easily see something like this selling for $100+.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast