Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Disney Twenty-three Magazine Summer Issue Info

This press release went out from D23 with info on the next issue of the magazine. While there will not be a gift with this issue, I've been told that they WILL still be doing free gifts with future issues, though it may not be with all new issues. As has been noted in other threads in this forum, this issue will have three different covers.

DISNEY TWENTY-THREE PREVIEWS TOY STORY 3 IN
    SUMMER ISSUE, FEATURING THREE COLLECTOR COVERS
    All-New Issue Also Features Exclusive Sneak Peeks of
    The Sorcerer’s Apprentice and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time,
    and Explores the History and Future Global Plans for
    Fantasmic!
    BURBANK, Calif. – April 15, 2010 – Disney twenty-three magazine gives readers exclusive sneak previews of three of the most highly anticipated movies of the year in its all-new Summer issue, which premieres April 19 with three different covers to celebrate Disney-Pixar’s upcoming Toy Story 3.

For the first time in its history, Disney twenty-three has created a split run of three covers, featuring three of the most popular characters from the Toy Story movies: Buzz Lightyear, Woody and Jessie. Magazines will be shipped directly to Gold-level members of D23: The Official Community for Disney Fans; Disney twenty-three is also available at select Barnes & Noble and Borders bookstore locations, online at DisneyStore.com and throughout the Disneyland® and Walt Disney World® Resorts.

Fifteen pages of Disney twenty-three’s Summer issue are devoted to Disney’s cinematic offerings, and among them readers will find:

• Interviews with Nicolas Cage, Jake Gyllenhaal and Jerry Bruckheimer;
    • Photos of such new Toy Story 3 characters as Lots-o’-Huggin’ Bear and Mr. Pricklepants;
    • Behind-the-scenes photos from the making of Toy Story 3 and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time;
    • And, of course, the special cover – each version of which features a striking, close-up image of one of the three stars of Toy Story 3.

While Disney movies are a major part of the Summer issue of Disney twenty-three, the magazine brings many more discoveries from the entire world of Disney.

A five-page article reveals the history of the enormously popular Fantasmic! nighttime extravaganza at Disneyland in California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida, and also provides a glimpse at conceptual art from and exclusive details about next year’s debut of Fantasmic! at Tokyo DisneySea in Japan.

Fans of Disney history will be able to travel in Walt’s footsteps – not to mention his ancestors’ – as Disney’s chief archivist Dave Smith travels around the U.S. and Canada to explore the roots of the Disney family.

Additional features in the Summer issue of Disney twenty-three include:

• An in-depth look at the documentary Waking Sleeping Beauty, about the second “golden age” of Disney animation;
    • Journeys through some remarkably “ahhh-mazing” ways to pamper yourself during a visit to Disney’s theme parks and resorts; and
    • Introductions to professional Disney photographers, who share some of the extraordinary images they have taken during their careers.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Not a Minion

Re: Disney Twenty-three Magazine Summer Issue Info

as a hobbyist photographer myself, im looking forward to that feature on disney photographers

Is there an ETA on issues yet? I may be imagining things, but I thought I had heard that they went to press last month and I thought some people had received it weeks ago. Then again that may have been on D23's Facebook page, so who knows who those commenters were...

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    as a hobbyist photographer myself, im looking forward to that feature on disney photographers
    Paul Hiffmeyer's work can be seen on the Disneyland blog (and on the People magazine website pretty much bi-weekly). His overhead shot of the Partners statue is just wonderful.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Any news on when the Summer issue's will start shipping, and what the free gift will be this time around?

They said that the D23 Magazine is also available at select B&N and Borders bookstores, right?

If that's the case, then this might be my first D23 Magazine. I really want to pick this up, mostly because of the article talking about Tokyo DisneySea's Fantasmic!

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Paul Hiffmeyer's work can be seen on the Disneyland blog (and on the People magazine website pretty much bi-weekly). His overhead shot of the Partners statue is just wonderful.
    Thanks. I've seen some of his work on that blog and it's just marvelous. The partners shot is one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Any news on when the Summer issue's will start shipping, and what the free gift will be this time around?
    Correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but I thought d23 issued a statement some time back that a free gift will not be given with this issue

Quote Originally Posted by HtomSirveaux View Post
    Is there an ETA on issues yet? I may be imagining things, but I thought I had heard that they went to press last month and I thought some people had received it weeks ago. Then again that may have been on D23's Facebook page, so who knows who those commenters were...
    Okay, now I just saw the issue at Borders yesterday. Has everyone else received theirs yet?

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but I thought d23 issued a statement some time back that a free gift will not be given with this issue
    Not heard that one before, anyone else know ?

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HtomSirveaux View Post
    Okay, now I just saw the issue at Borders yesterday. Has everyone else received theirs yet?
    Havent received mine yet. If its at borders already, then I say just give it a week or two before we start complaining. I wish they would send the issues to members first like they did last year though.

I guess we'll find out soon since Borders is showing the new issues already.

The first post in this thread states:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    While there will not be a gift with this issue, I've been told that they WILL still be doing free gifts with future issues, though it may not be with all new issues.
    "I Only Hope That We Never Lose Sight Of One Thing,
    That It Was All Started By A Mouse." - Walt Disney
    http://www.StartedByAMouse.com

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I thought the mags were a Barnes and Noble exclusive?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Who are you again?

um, whens the date it will be coming out?
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

Got it today. Seemed thinner than others. No gift. Good articles, same ol' same ol..

• Your Average Joe

Quote Originally Posted by cruisedude4 View Post
    Got it today. Seemed thinner than others. No gift. Good articles, same ol' same ol..
    Also got mine today! Buzz Lightyear cover.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast