• The Study of Wumbo

Ticket sales expectations for Expo '11?

Hey all,

I think I'm decided that I'm going to get myself a Silver Membership to D23 soon. I'd really, really hope to get to the event being planned for New York City for the opening of the new Times Square Disney Store location.

I'd also love to get to one of the Expos, one day. It would involve convincing my entire family or at least my father to fly out cross-country to Anaheim for half a week. That might take a while. Also, I doubt I could commit my family to a vacation schedule a year in advance. That said...

The tickets for the D23 Expo 2011 go on sale in August, 2010, for D23 members. Does anyone expect these tickets to go quickly? Would it still be possible to get tickets and make plans in, say, Spring or even Summer 2011?

Thanks for your speculation.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Re: Ticket sales expectations for Expo '11?

If the Expo is anything like the last time then tickets should be available for awhile. The event facility and capacity is huge. If this gets close to a sell-out I am sure Dustysage will keep us all informed right here.

Sam
    SamLand's Disney Adventures

• The Study of Wumbo

Quote Originally Posted by Mousecat View Post
    If the Expo is anything like the last time then tickets should be available for awhile. The event facility and capacity is huge. If this gets close to a sell-out I am sure Dustysage will keep us all informed right here.
    But that is the question, isn't it? Maybe this year all these people (like me) will realize that the Expo is definitely something to see and the attendance will be much greater. That's probably what Disney is hoping, too.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I was not aware that tickets go on sale a full year in advance for this event. I need to make an important decision before now and August about if to attend or not. I have to give credit to the organisers for showing a bit of consideration for the fans who do not come from the area, and need time to plan a trip to California for the Expo. Demand should be higher this time around as people now know what to expect.