• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Event updates and gossip - Flowers and Fireworks, Roy Disney, Pollyanna

Just a quick update on some upcoming D23 events and a little gossip I believe to be true.

Flowers and Fireworks event at WDW - tickets remain available through next week. There are a few additional details which have not been posted about the event yet which some of you might be interested in. The biggest of which is that the fireworks department is planning to pull a fireworks barge up to the Grand Floridian and show off some effects during the picnic. I like the sound of that. They will also be giving away DVDs, wine glasses, tea purses, and even burned out bulbs from the Electric Water Pageant.

Pollyanna - just a few spots remain for this 50 and fabulous event. I attended Toby Tyler last month and really enjoyed it. It is a great deal free (with a $5 processing fee). The Studio Disney Store will likely be open.

Roy E. Disney Tribute - Im not sure why this event hasn't sold out, but it is just over a week away and you can still buy tickets for the next few days. Movie screenings on the studio lot, rededication of the Animation Building, an opportunity to dine in the studio commissary, and meet some Disney celebrities. You might just get to meet Bob

Here is a link to the events page:
    http://d23.Disney.go.com/expo.html

That's what I've heard. What have you heard?

Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Event updates and gossip - Flowers and Fireworks, Roy Disney, Pollyanna

That sounds about right!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Refugee from a island

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Just a quick update on some upcoming D23 events and a little gossip I believe to be true.

Roy E. Disney Tribute - Im not sure why this event hasn't sold out, but it is just over a week away and you can still buy tickets for the next few days. Movie screenings on the studio lot, rededication of the Animation Building, an opportunity to dine in the studio commissary, and meet some Disney celebrities. You might just get to meet Bob

Dusty

Yeah, I was a bit surprise that one hasn't sold out yet too.

Any idea how many tickets they had for D23? Maybe I'll get lucky and have really good seats.

I think the Roy Disney offering is a great opportunity, but I just went back a month or two ago to see Fantasia 2000 at the panel presentation at the El Cap, so that makes it a bit redundant for me - it would be nice to attend though. But, I am going to Pollyanna a week later, and it is a bit of a drive from the Riverside area to Burbank on a Friday .. will have to think about it.

More in the rumor/question area, though - they originally gave a tentative date of June 26th for an Archive 40th anniversary celebration at the Studio - at the Toby Tyler screening, they indicated the date was still uncertain, but the event still planned - has there been any official word about this, or anything "leaked" to you Dusty or others? I know they share secrets with someone! Unfortunately, now I have to attend an all day conference on the 26th of June, so it would be great if this was postponed .... any word?

Finally, yes, absolutely, the 50 and Fab series is unbeatable, anyone who can go should, I am going to Pollyanna and hopefully Swiss Family Robinson - those tix become available online this coming Tuesday at 10 am for the screening in July!

D23 is putting on some great events, thanks!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Second Star View Post
    Yeah, I was a bit surprise that one hasn't sold out yet too.

Any idea how many tickets they had for D23? Maybe I'll get lucky and have really good seats.

Early friday start time, that's tough for people to get out of work most times. And they'd have to get out earlier than that if they live/work further away. Plus, it's $55 (after fees) and you don't get any food. I can imagine this being tough for people to stomach it up and go.

It's hard enough for one person... how about convincing a buddy or family member to go with?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Not a Minion

I'd go but really falls under bad timing with it landing during an hour of final presentations for school. Gotta hate school and how it conflicts with D23.

• Refugee from a island

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    It's hard enough for one person... how about convincing a buddy or family member to go with?
    I certainly understand that it might be a challenge for some.

In my case, I'm driving down from NorCal on Thursday, and as far as finding someone to go with me... Not a problem, my oldest daughter said yes before I even got the whole sentence out.