Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

WDI Mickey's of Glendale Pin Trading Event May 08, 2010

!!!

04.29.10 - On Saturday, May 8, D23 Members and their guests are invited to enjoy pin and Vinylmation trading, music and fun on a special Saturday shopping day at Walt Disney Imagineering's exclusive employee store, Mickey's of Glendale.

Mickey's of Glendale is proud to release a brand new, exclusive on-going pin series utilizing the sorcerer hat (a symbol for Walt Disney Imagineering) as a blank canvas for creative and unique designs based on the characters and attractions found in the Disney Parks.
    On Saturday, May 8, D23 Members and their guests are invited to enjoy pin and Vinylmation trading, music and fun on a special Saturday shopping day at Walt Disney Imagineering's exclusive employee store, Mickey's of Glendale. Mickey's of Glendale and the WDI Campus is located at 1401 Flower Street, Glendale, California, 91201. Entry available through the security gate off of the 1401 Flower visitor parking lot. Please park on the street.

This special event runs from 8 a.m. through noon.

Activities:

Patio Pin and Vinylmation Trading
    D23 Members, invited Disney Cast Members and their respective guests are encouraged to bring their own pins and Vinylmation to trade with each other outside in the beautiful new WDI campus green space. Proper pin and Vinylmation trading etiquette and guidelines must be followed.

New Pin Release Sorcerer Hats Mystery Pin Collection
    Mickey's of Glendale is proud to release a brand-new, exclusive ongoing pin series utilizing the sorcerer hat (a symbol for Walt Disney Imagineering) as a blank canvas for creative and unique designs based on the characters and attractions found in the Disney Parks.

On Saturday, the first blind box pins in the Characters series will be available for purchase. Will you get the mystery L.E. 150 chaser pin? (Each blind box is $9.95 and contains one pin. Cast Members and D23 Members may purchase up to 15 boxes each, and guests of Cast Members and D23 Members may purchase up to 5 boxes during the event).

Sorcerer Hats Artist Signing, Sneak Peek, and Hat Trading
    To commemorate the launch of the Sorcerer Hats Mystery Pin Collection, the artist who designed the Sorcerer Hats series will be on hand to sign your pins and offer a sneak peek of upcoming releases. Didn't get the Hat you wanted? There will be a "Hat-for-Hat" pin trading board available at the artist table.

Hot New Items to Know About!
    New Imagineer exclusive apparel, souvenirs, and pins!
    New toys, home, and collectibles from Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and DisneyStore.com!
    Mystery Grab Bags filled with Imagineering exclusive pins!
    40% off selected Haunted Mansion merchandise!

NOTE: Available only to D23 Members in good standing. Members plus one (1) guest may gain entry with a valid photo ID AND D23 MEMBERSHIP CARD. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card may not be admitted to the event. All D23 Special Events are subject to change without notice. Due to the proprietary nature of our work, cameras are not allowed at Walt Disney Imagineering without prior approval.

Questions? Please call Mickey's of Glendale at 818-544-2824.

• Not a Minion

D23 Pin Trading Event at WDI

Just posted on D23's site and tweeted on twitter and shared on facebook:
    On Saturday, May 8, D23 Members and their guests are invited to enjoy pin and Vinylmation trading, music and fun on a special Saturday shopping day at Walt Disney Imagineering's exclusive employee store, Mickey's of Glendale. Mickey's of Glendale and the WDI Campus is located at 1401 Flower Street, Glendale, California, 91201. Entry available through the security gate off of the 1401 Flower visitor parking lot. Please park on the street.

This special event runs from 8 a.m. through noon.

Activities:

Patio Pin and Vinylmation Trading
    D23 Members, invited Disney Cast Members and their respective guests are encouraged to bring their own pins and Vinylmation to trade with each other outside in the beautiful new WDI campus green space. Proper pin and Vinylmation trading etiquette and guidelines must be followed.

New Pin Release Sorcerer Hats Mystery Pin Collection
    Mickey's of Glendale is proud to release a brand-new, exclusive ongoing pin series utilizing the sorcerer hat (a symbol for Walt Disney Imagineering) as a blank canvas for creative and unique designs based on the characters and attractions found in the Disney Parks.

On Saturday, the first blind box pins in the Characters series will be available for purchase. Will you get the mystery L.E. 150 chaser pin? (Each blind box is $9.95 and contains one pin. Cast Members and D23 Members may purchase up to 15 boxes each, and guests of Cast Members and D23 Members may purchase up to 5 boxes during the event).

Sorcerer Hats Artist Signing, Sneak Peek, and Hat Trading
    To commemorate the launch of the Sorcerer Hats Mystery Pin Collection, the artist who designed the Sorcerer Hats series will be on hand to sign your pins and offer a sneak peek of upcoming releases. Didn't get the Hat you wanted? There will be a "Hat-for-Hat" pin trading board available at the artist table.

Hot New Items to Know About!
    New Imagineer exclusive apparel, souvenirs, and pins!
    New toys, home, and collectibles from Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and DisneyStore.com!
    Mystery Grab Bags filled with Imagineering exclusive pins!
    40% off selected Haunted Mansion merchandise!

NOTE: Available only to D23 Members in good standing. Members plus one (1) guest may gain entry with a valid photo ID AND D23 MEMBERSHIP CARD. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card may not be admitted to the event. All D23 Special Events are subject to change without notice. Due to the proprietary nature of our work, cameras are not allowed at Walt Disney Imagineering without prior approval.

Questions? Please call Mickey's of Glendale at 818-544-2824.
    I'd love to attend this event, but unfortunately already made plans to work the morning before heading out to pollyana

Seem's like an interesting weekend for D23: Roy E Disney event, now this, then Pollyana.

• Refugee from a island

Re: D23 Pin Trading Event at WDI

Saw yours first, but thanks to cruisedude4 too.

DUDES!!! Thanks!

Looks like I'll be heading home a little later than planned on Saturday.

Sam is going to look this!

Re: Mickey's of Glendale Pin Trading Event May 08, 2010

This is GREAT! I am so jazzed! It's also super its on the same day as Pollyanna, but not a conflict - super coordination by the 2 divisions - and its free to D23 members! I have been to Club 33, even Walt's apartment, multiple times - but WDI only once - and it will be a treat to see what they have (even though the pins aren't my thing). Now where to eat lunch before Pollyanna starts? Thanks d23 and thanks for posting this!

• Wilderness Explorer

Re: D23 Pin Trading Event at WDI

I saw the D23 tweet that read:
    D23 Members invited to Walt Disney Imagineering campus for a special event @ Mickey's of Glendale 5/8! D23 | The Official Community for Disney Fans
    And I got really excited... until I clicked on it and read that it's a pin and vinylmation trading event.

I thought it was going to be a special visit (and maybe small tour) of the WDI campus. Thankfully, I don't trade pins or vinylmation, the only ones I have have sentimental value to me and won't be traded.
    Honestly the only reason I'd go would be to check out the WDI campus and maybe get some cool Imagineering merch.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: WDI Mickey's of Glendale Pin Trading Event May 08, 2010

So you just.... show up to this? I'll pass.

But if you guys never gone and love WDI stuff, this is the time to do it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Sock Puppet

Does anyone know if this will be available?
    Bruce Vaughn | CD Baby

I just figured, being that he IS the PRESIDENT of WDI!

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
    Does anyone know if this will be available?
    Bruce Vaughn | CD Baby

I just figured, being that he IS the PRESIDENT of WDI!
    I would say no because I find it unlikely that a cast member/employee of Disney can sell their personal work within a Disney store unless it has some tie in with the company. But if is sold there, do let us know

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Ooh, Haunted Mansion merchandise is 40% off! I'm so there. It'll be fun just to spend some time shopping at MOG. I do have a duplicate vinylmation... maybe I can take it and make a trade.

I just have to say though... those sorcerer hat pins are fugly! bleh.
    --Jonathan

I wanna go just to shop!

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I'm planning to go! I don't have any Vinylmation and although I have a lot of pins I don't really trade...but I want to see WDI, even what little bit is available at this event. And I wouldn't mind picking up a WDI pin or two. So it'll be a D23 day...first this event, then Pollyanna.

• Disneyland PAP

I'm not a pin trader either, but I have friends who are. The only reason I'm getting up early to drive east is to take her there as my guest so she can be a pin head with the rest of the traders. I've never been to WDI, so that'll be my treat…mine and my camera's! Don't expect to see that much, but it'll be cool just to be there for once.

• we jumped out a window

Glendale is very close by and I do collect/trade pins and vinylmation!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    I've never been to WDI, so that'll be my treat…mine and my camera's!
    Just a friendly note to anyone who missed it in the event description, but cameras won't be allowed at this particular event.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Just a friendly note to anyone who missed it in the event description, but cameras won't be allowed at this particular event.
    Darn, thanks for pointing that out. I skimmed when I shoulda read.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast