• Not a Minion

D23 Studio Tours Announced for August 14, 2010

For those following twitter and facebook, this may be old news, but if you've checked the events page lately, another studio tour has popped up for your enjoyment.

Remember, if you've taken one tour this calendar year, you can not take a second until the next calendar year (I like to see it as one tour per membership is allowed)...

Anyways, here are the details:
    DATE
    Saturday, August 14, 2010

Burbank, California

TICKETS
    Tickets go on sale Tuesday, June 29 at 10 a.m. PST. Check back here for ticket link.

COST
    $50 per person

SCHEDULE
    Tours begin at 9 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 10 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1 p.m., and 1:30 p.m. and are approximately two hours long.
    And more details:
    D23 Members will have the rare opportunity to enjoy a two-hour tour of The Walt Disney Studios and Walt Disney Archives, hosted by D23 and Archives staff. Guests will have the chance to stroll through the old Animation building where beloved films like Cinderella and Alice in Wonderland were created, see the historic soundstages used for filming Disney classics like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and explore the beautiful Legends Plaza, which honors those who have made significant contributions to the Disney Legacy. We will be hosting six (6) tours on this day. Each tour can accommodate 30 participants.

NOTE: Available only to D23 Members in good standing. Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and one (1) guest. D23 Members may attend only one "D23 Day at The Walt Disney Studios and Archives" per calendar year. There is a limited number of tickets available. D23 Members will be required to provide their membership number when reserving tickets. Tickets may be picked up only with a valid photo ID AND D23 MEMBERSHIP CARD. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card may not be admitted to the event. All D23 Special Events are subject to change without notice. There are no cancelations or refunds, and tickets are not transferrable.
    I just took a tour earlier this year, so I am definitely not going on this one, but I highly recommend it for any disney fan wanting to step foot on the historic lot and learn a little bit more about it's history.

For those curious as to the happenings of this tour, I have this long trip report from my visit: Ryan-Philipp Valle : Blog A Visit to Walt Disney Studios

•   

Re: D23 Studio Tours Announced for August 14, 2010

I've been trying to get tickets but it says I've already taken the tour. But I never have. I have attended many D23 events but never the archive tour. I sent an email to inquire but I'm not holding my breath that it will get resolved in time for this tour. Anyone else having this problem?
    Leonard
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. I REFUSE!"

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Can't do it this time, but hope to eventually take the tour. We'll be at the Swiss Family Robinson screening though...haven't missed a screening yet.

•   

I used the contact email on the bottom of the page that said I had already attended- [email protected]

They have already replied and fixed me up with tickets for the 1:30 tour. Again, D23 comes through and made things right (and in record time!). If all of Disney was run this well what would we complain about?
    Leonard
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. I REFUSE!"

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disney_leonard View Post
    If all of Disney was run this well what would we complain about?
    Things that Disney has no control over like poor ATT reception, long lines, and having to go to work on a perfectly nice day . Haha

Quote Originally Posted by disney_leonard View Post
    I've been trying to get tickets but it says I've already taken the tour. But I never have. I have attended many D23 events but never the archive tour. I sent an email to inquire but I'm not holding my breath that it will get resolved in time for this tour. Anyone else having this problem?
    I had the same exact problem! But I emailed their events e-mail, and the first time they replied they said they'd waitlist 2 tickets for the 9:00 AM tour for me. With me being slightly outraged that I literally got 3 people to stay on the watch since 9:30 AM to get these tickets while I was in surgery, I emailed them again, and they gave me 2 tickets to the 1:30 PM tour as well. I wonder if they just added spots to this tour for the people who went through this or what. I kind of wish they would have actually come up with a solution to this on the first email instead of just waitlisting me, since it was their fault after all, but I've got my tickets now so I'm happy.

• Not a Minion

Just wanted to check up with members that attended the event and see how this tour was? From previous trip reports, did you notice anything different or did they show you anything new?

What was the gift they handed out this time? Was it still the patch? Just curious. Thanks.