• Disneylander

The last Star Tours ride before refurb

According to a post this morning on the LA Times website, D23 members will get the last ride on Star Tours before it closes for refurb. There aren't any details yet on the D23 website, but the LAT article can be found here for your reading pleasure...

Disneyland's 'Star Tours' is closing and D23 members get the last ride | Hero Complex | Los Angeles Times

Disneyland's 'Star Tours' is closing and D23 members get the last ride | Hero Complex | Los Angeles Times

• DMTNT

Re: The last Star Tours ride before refurb

The article states the event will take place on July 14th, but according to the board it isn't closing until July 26th. Are they closing the ride early (which sucks cause I was hoping to ride it one last time on the 17th)?

• Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyfn View Post
    The article states the event will take place on July 14th, but according to the board it isn't closing until July 26th. Are they closing the ride early (which sucks cause I was hoping to ride it one last time on the 17th)?
    The D23 Facebook fan page now says the event is the 26th, and then links to the LAT article, so it looks like it really is the 26th. There still isn't anything posted to the D23 website.

• Not a Minion

The way I understood it, members can RSVP their tickets on the 14th for an after hours ride on the 26th.

• DMTNT

Yeah, looks like I misread the article. Phewww.

According to the D23 tweet they will be posting something tomorrow. I am sure this will fill up quickly considering only 160 people will get to do it.

• Not a Minion

I believe tomorrow will be the official d23 announcement on their site.

With this falling on a weekday, past midnight event that's happening in a few less than a month, I'm guessing that this may not sell out as quickly as we think.

• DMTNT

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    With this falling on a weekday, past midnight event that's happening in a few less than a month, I'm guessing that this may not sell out as quickly as we think.
    Perhaps. I think a lot will depend on how much they decide to charge for the event. If it's free, I am sure it will fill up quickly with all the die hard Star Wars fans.

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyfn View Post
    Perhaps. I think a lot will depend on how much they decide to charge for the event. If it's free, I am sure it will fill up quickly with all the die hard Star Wars fans.
    Forgot about that. Yeah, I'm sure that the fans will definitely show up for this one. I myself am not one so Thats why I was second guessing the anticipated response on this one, but I think you're right. I'm sure there'll be the usual $5 ticketing charge for this event.

• lover of DL churros

beyond excited for this. will be waiting patiently(or maybe not so patiently) at my computer on the 14th.