I think a lot of us have been expecting this for quite some time. D23 has announced their first theme park adventure event. Thankfully, this one is more like MousePlanet's MouseAdventure and much less like our Gumball Rally. Therefore, we fully support it! I'm counting on the MiceChatters to be among the winning teams!
More Info can be found here: D23 Scavenger Hunt September 26, 2010D23's “great disney scavenger hunt” AT THE DISNEYLAND RESORT SEPTEMBER 26, 2010
Date: September 26, 2010
Location: Exposition Hall, Disneyland Hotel
Time: Registration begins at 7 a.m.; Hunt kicks off at 8:45 a.m.
Tickets: On Sale Monday, July 12, 2010 at 10 a.m. PST.
Cost: $50 per team for D23 Members (up to four people); $75 per team for non-members (up to four people)
The Hunt is on!
Get ready for the most incredible scavenger hunt in Disney history as D23 hosts the Great Disney Scavenger Hunt at the Disneyland Resort! Teams will take off across the Resort in search of the answers to some challenging—but fun!—questions. Think you know your way around Disneyland? This will be the ultimate test as you and your team race against the clock to gather as many points as possible. The top 10 teams will win fantastic prizes, including goodies and collectibles from our friends at Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, Walt Disney Records, the Walt Disney Collector’s Society, Walt Disney Publishing, and the Walt Disney Archives.
Get a good night’s sleep because registration starts at 7 a.m. in the Exposition Hall of the Disneyland Hotel. And at 8:45 a.m., it’s off you go…. You and your team will scour the entire Disneyland Resort—from Downtown Disney and the Disneyland Resort Hotels to Disney California Adventure and, of course, Disneyland—for answers to our quizzical queries.
You’ll have just over five hours to gather as many answers as possible before returning to the Exposition Hall for judging. And don’t be late—points are taken off for every precious minute! Comfortable shoes and attire are recommended!
Once we’re done tallying the totals, we’ll announce the winners—and the top teams can collect their bounties! Think you’re up to the challenge? We can’t wait to find out!
- Park admission for the Hunt is NOT included. Teams are responsible for their own entry into the parks. Special convention-rate tickets will be available for purchase.
- The Hunt will take place in Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, Downtown Disney, and throughout the Disneyland Resort Hotels.
- The person who registers his or her team for the Hunt will be considered by D23 to be the Team Leader.
- Each team must consist of no fewer than two (2) players and no more than four (4) players.
- Each member of the team must fill out a waiver before registering at the event.
- The Team Leader will be responsible for checking the team in. The entire team does not need to stand in line. However, the entire team must be present at the start of the Hunt in order to participate.
- Inside the registration packet will be a “runner’s bib” (similar to what runners wear in a marathon) with the team number and safety pins with which to attach the number. ALL team members must wear their bibs on the front of their shirts at all times.
- Team members must be together at ALL times. (In the case of bathroom breaks, team members may wait outside the restroom.)
- No running at any point. Any team seen running by D23 Scavenger Hunt representatives or Disneyland Security may be disqualified.
- No cheating, obviously.
- No impeding the success of other teams (e.g., trying to cover or remove answers to clues).
- No asking Disney cast members for help.
- D23 Scavenger Hunt representatives in the Resort may, at any time, check a team to make sure it has the appropriate number of members. Teams that do not remain together will be disqualified with no appeals.
- All teams must have at least one digital camera to document certain moments on the Hunt. The team is responsible for having a working camera. Should a camera not function properly, it is the responsibility of the team to correct the problem.
- Any questions or issues will be decided by a panel of D23 judges at the Hunt. These decisions will be binding and final.
- All written answers must be legible. No points will be awarded if judges are not able to read the answer.
- In the event of a tie, there will be a lightning round of questions between one representative from each of the tying teams. The round will be overseen by one of the D23 judges. All decisions are binding and final.