And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: D23 - Star Tours Final Flight Event - July 26th, 2010

I can't want to hear all about it. I'm so jealous of you guys. Have fun!

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Space Mountain Fanboy

Right now I'm sitting at Plaza Inn bored out of my skull waiting for the daily guests to finish their rides. Then we go over there. So boring. Want to ride.

• Circle of Ancients

So how was the event last night?

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    So how was the event last night?
    you mean this morning right? haha

I say let's give the special attendees some time to catch up on their sleep first as im sure they all got home just a few hours ago

35 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth

I'm still feeling a bit wiped out (lack of sleep) but here's a quick & dirty TR to hopefully tide you over until others weigh in.

I got to Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen about 10:20PM, signed in & collected my boarding pass. {Pic below} After hanging out there for about an hour, D23 walked us into the Park and to the Plaza Inn. There we were told we could go do whatever we wanted for the last half hour before the Park closed, and to head back to Plaza Inn after that. [I jumped on Buzz and then got a Dole Whip.]

Since they didn't close the line for Star Tours until the Park closed, we had to wait at the Plaza Inn until they could clear those last passengers from the ride. [I thought they did a great job of keeping us informed about what was going on. It just took a little bit longer than they expected to get us on the ride, I think.]

It was just about 1:00AM, when they finally took us over for our Final Flight.

Fortunately, we were able to take a few minutes and experience the queue for the last time. <sniff>

Tony Baxter was on hand to give us a few words prior to our departure.

We never did make it to Endor, however. Turns out it was our pilot's first flight and he was still getting used to his programming. (To say that we went somewhat far afield of our intended destination would be putting it mildly.)

The cheers & clapping at the end of the flight went on for several minutes. Then, upon disembarking, we were presented with a cool badge to commemorate our Final Flight.

Finally, we were assembled for a group photo on the exit ramps. (Check the D23 website in a couple days. They took a lot of photos & video at the event.)

All in all, although this may be one of the "simpler" events that D23 has done, it may also prove to be one of the most memorable. I feel incredibly fortunate to have been able to take part.

Quote Originally Posted by PinokeFan View Post
    I'm still feeling a bit wiped out (lack of sleep) but here's a quick & dirty TR to hopefully tide you over until others weigh in.

I got to Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen about 10:20PM, signed in & collected my boarding pass. {Pic below} After hanging out there for about an hour, D23 walked us into the Park and to the Plaza Inn. There we were told we could go do whatever we wanted for the last half hour before the Park closed, and to head back to Plaza Inn after that. [I jumped on Buzz and then got a Dole Whip.]

Since they didn't close the line for Star Tours until the Park closed, we had to wait at the Plaza Inn until they could clear those last passengers from the ride. [I thought they did a great job of keeping us informed about what was going on. It just took a little bit longer than they expected to get us on the ride, I think.]

It was just about 1:00AM, when they finally took us over for our Final Flight.

Fortunately, we were able to take a few minutes and experience the queue for the last time. <sniff>

Tony Baxter was on hand to give us a few words prior to our departure.

We never did make it to Endor, however. Turns out it was our pilot's first flight and he was still getting used to his programming. (To say that we went somewhat far afield of our intended destination would be putting it mildly.)

The cheers & clapping at the end of the flight went on for several minutes. Then, upon disembarking, we were presented with a cool badge to commemorate our Final Flight.

Finally, we were assembled for a group photo on the exit ramps. (Check the D23 website in a couple days. They took a lot of photos & video at the event.)

All in all, although this may be one of the "simpler" events that D23 has done, it may also prove to be one of the most memorable. I feel incredibly fortunate to have been able to take part.

That's a very good description of the event. I was there, too (I think I was a bit closer to the front of the line when they queued us up after the Plaza Inn), and your TR reflects my experience as well, with one exception. I was in the 3rd group they let in, and we were rushed through the interior queue, only to wait up at the top just before the boarding gate for 5 minutes or so to be grouped at our Star Speeder--time we could have used to linger in the queue. Other than that, I agree that it was very memorable and I feel fortunate to have been part of it as well.

• Circle of Ancients

Awesome, glad the event was cool.

Pretty sweet seeing Tony in his Star Tours get-up.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Ha! Tony looks great! I love it when he has a little fun and gets in theme.

• For Narnia and for Aslan!

Great trip report! Wish I could have been there! It's sad to see the original go, but the changes soon to come are worth getting excited about
    You can fly, you can fly, you can fly!

"To live would be an awfully big adventure."

If anyone's wanting to part with their patch and boarding pass, let me know! I'll be eagerly looking on ebay otherwise!

• 3Ls:Law Lost & disneyLand

Couldn't have given a better report than what's already been said. Had a great time. I took a video of our 'final flight' and will try to post it up soon. Still exhausted from last night and the 5 previous days at Comic-con. I'll try to get it online before the end of the week.

• Not a Minion

Awesome report. Just curious as to what Tony had to say about the last ride or if he shared any fun tid-bits for the remodel?

•   

It was a great event. Tony was having fun but didn't say anything specific about the new makeover. It was a long night. As we were leaving it looked like another group was waiting in the queue area. Possibly CM's? All of the D23 groups had been loaded so technically ours was not "the" last flight. I'm sure there were several more flights before the tear down began. But I was on the D23 last flight and that is cool enough.
    Leonard
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. I REFUSE!"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

You've already seen a mighty good report from Pinoke, but here's a few I shot that night and some words.

I was an idiot for not taking monday off because having done Comic-Con for 5 days straight, work, then driving from LA to Disneyland to stay up all night really was killer. But it was all worth it.

I arrived at Downtown Disney precisely at 9pm, hung around, and watched the fireworks from between House of Blues and Tortilla Joes. It's actually a pretty decent view from outside of Disneyland. My friend who was joining me was already in DCA finishing up World of Color and on his way out.

You've seen the nifty Boarding pass everyone got (not pictured: beads)

Then we were left to hang out and drink (buy your own) on the upper floor of the Jazz Kitchen. Tony Baxter was up there talking with people and around 11pm we were herded out.

We paraded up Main Street..

And stopped at Plaza Pavillion. We were left to hang out there or go on a few rides as long as we were back by midnight.

I decided to just hang by Star Tours and take pictures.

Back at Plaza Pavillion, we encounter many fans who are among the last of the regular guests on their way out...

When the regular guests were cleared, it was our time to queue up...

more later... i gotta work. haha

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

LinkBacks (?)

1. 07-27-2010, 10:06 AM