Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Re: Destination D - September 24 & 25, 2010 - at the Disneyland Resort

[FONT=Arial]The Wonderful World of Disneyland Merchandise
    This is the part I am most interested in. It will be interesting to see what the Company considers to be rare. I wonder if they will include private collections in the presentations. I have things that the Archives doesn't, as do many other collectors. Things like these...

I do my bit to gather and preserve Disney history as best I can. It would be amazing if I could help out in some way!

• Banned User

I was thinking about going, but now that I know the price, forget it

Quote Originally Posted by Ckelef1 View Post
    What's wrong with the price?
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 63!
    D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ckelef1 View Post
    From my experience, I think D23 events always surpass the value of the tickets you paid for.

Sure it is a good amount of money they are asking for (and as for a college student like me, my priorities do go towards paying for my college education), but if one can afford it, I'm sure D23 won't disappoint (or at least I hope they don't).

As for me, I'm uncertain about attending - I'd love to, that's for sure, but as mentioned, my college expenses are the priority for now.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    I wonder if they'll have displays up. For as much as the presentations sound cool, I think 2 full days of hearing people talk is just a lot of sitting and listening.
    I've attended NFFC/Disneyana Fan Club conventions for nearly 20 years. They traditionally include a lot of "sitting and listening". I've never been bored with that. I've had the chance to hear many speakers from the past and present history of Disney, including many of the dear legends that are no longer with us. I've also heard some of the presenters for this event and they're great. If I am lucky enough to get a ticket, I will be thrilled to death. I met John Tartaglia at the D23 Expo last September and will be especially looking forward to seeing him perform in the concert!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxum View Post
    To be honest, I'm not sure if it will sell out quickly or not. While I know that my adrenaline will be pumping Monday morning as I'm attempting to get all my info entered as quickly as possible, just like every other event, the Disneyland events have rarely sold out in the first week or so.
    While I really want this event, which I think sounds great, to sell out in a matter of minutes, We will just have to see.
    I Hope you're right..I'm freaking out about the mad dash for tickets. I really think this is a bargain, as was the Expo. Really, I would have paid double for this...

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    This is the part I am most interested in. It will be interesting to see what the Company considers to be rare. I wonder if they will include private collections in the presentations. I have things that the Archives doesn't, as do many other collectors. Things like these...

I do my bit to gather and preserve Disney history as best I can. It would be amazing if I could help out in some way!
    Odd that you bring this up.. I had actually listed an item that on Ebay that was purchased for an archive for use by animators..very cheaply! Nice piece, but outside what I collect. So..they are watching...

• Diva Extrodinaire

Sounds great! Hope it doesn't get too crowded or Expo-esque crowds show up.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Looks like our crazy AZ crew will be there. My dad already has the Disneyland hotel booked cause he's awesome. Just crossing our fingers we get tickets and that the system isn't too annoying to deal with.

Random question: Maybe someone knows this, but if you're doing the scavenger hunt on top of Destination D does only one person sign up for it? Like one person pays the $165 to sign up the team and the rest pay the $125? I don't want us to screw this up :P

• space ranger

Yesterday I asked Jeffrey about this cause I know I don't want to be messing up tomorrow morning either! He said that there would be one check box for the scavenger hunt, and one check box for Destination D. You'll write how many people are going for each. If you buy both, you get the discount. I wonder if I'm making sense^-^;;

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by twinkie bell View Post
    Yesterday I asked Jeffrey about this cause I know I don't want to be messing up tomorrow morning either! He said that there would be one check box for the scavenger hunt, and one check box for Destination D. You'll write how many people are going for each. If you buy both, you get the discount. I wonder if I'm making sense^-^;;
    That does make sense but is it that only one person signs up the whole team?

• space ranger

From what I understand, only one person signs up for the whole team. When you purchase your ticket for the scavenger hunt tomorrow, you write the number of people in your team. I hope all goes smoothly!!

• Not a Minion

Here's a question I want clarification: The scavenger hunt pricing is on a per team, not per person price, correct? And for the D23 discount, only one member of the team has to be a member (and has to be the one registering), correct?

• space ranger

Yes, the scavenger price is per team. And the one registering has to be a D23 member to get the member price. When I asked him about it, Jeffrey mentioned that we'll have to submit the number of people in our team. I guess no names have to be given, so it won't matter if they're members or not.

• Not a Minion

Quote Originally Posted by twinkie bell View Post
    Yes, the scavenger price is per team. And the one registering has to be a D23 member to get the member price. When I asked him about it, Jeffrey mentioned that we'll have to submit the number of people in our team. I guess no names have to be given, so it won't matter if they're members or not.
    Thanks! i just realized that I accidentally posted my question in the destination D thread rather than the scavenger hunt thread...sorry about that, but big thanks for answering...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast