Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 171
  1. #61

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1

    Re: Destination D - September 24 & 25, 2010 - at the Disneyland Resort

    Thank you for the info Admin. I will watch it together with my 2yr. old son. I hope I will a front seat area.

  2. #62

    • You have much to learn...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    932

    Re: Destination D - September 24 & 25, 2010 - at the Disneyland Resort

    One question, does anyone recall from the initial announcement- was there originally a banquet scheduled to be included.

    From the current info, it mentions that meals are not included. It doesn't really matter much to me- but I just remembered something like that way back when the Destination D was first announced.

  3. #63

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    367

    Re: Destination D - September 24 & 25, 2010 - at the Disneyland Resort

    Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    One question, does anyone recall from the initial announcement- was there originally a banquet scheduled to be included.

    From the current info, it mentions that meals are not included. It doesn't really matter much to me- but I just remembered something like that way back when the Destination D was first announced.
    I don't remember reading anything about a banquet.

  4. #64

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    86

    Re: Destination D - September 24 & 25, 2010 - at the Disneyland Resort

    Quote Originally Posted by OCBear View Post
    I don't remember reading anything about a banquet.
    Jim Hill has an interview with Steven Clark on March 15 which included the following: “Again, it’s all about striking the right balance. Allowing as many D23 members as possible to have access to an event while – at the same time – giving the people who actually attend an intimate and memorable experience,” Clark said. “Given that we’re looking to do something really special at Saturday night’s banquet, 1,500 seems to be the right number when it comes to just how many members we’ll allow to attend this particular event.” [emphasis added]

    -- Suzanne

  5. #65

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    159

    Re: Destination D - September 24 & 25, 2010 - at the Disneyland Resort

    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneSLO View Post
    Jim Hill has an interview with Steven Clark on March 15 which included the following: “Again, it’s all about striking the right balance. Allowing as many D23 members as possible to have access to an event while – at the same time – giving the people who actually attend an intimate and memorable experience,” Clark said. “Given that we’re looking to do something really special at Saturday night’s banquet, 1,500 seems to be the right number when it comes to just how many members we’ll allow to attend this particular event.” [emphasis added]

    -- Suzanne
    well....hmmm

  6. #66

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    267

    Re: Destination D - September 24 & 25, 2010 - at the Disneyland Resort

    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneSLO View Post
    Jim Hill has an interview with Steven Clark on March 15 which included the following: “Again, it’s all about striking the right balance. Allowing as many D23 members as possible to have access to an event while – at the same time – giving the people who actually attend an intimate and memorable experience,” Clark said. “Given that we’re looking to do something really special at Saturday night’s banquet, 1,500 seems to be the right number when it comes to just how many members we’ll allow to attend this particular event.” [emphasis added]

    -- Suzanne
    We should consider the source and remember it is Jim Hill. Most of the time he is right on the money. Other times it is a swing and a miss. That may have been the plan at the time. By not serving food Disney can save a whole lot of money. I just hope they have some treats now and again.

  7. #67

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    86

    Re: Destination D - September 24 & 25, 2010 - at the Disneyland Resort

    Hey, I'd be pretty happy with some Mickey ice cream bars and popcorn.

    They were probably planning to do that way back when, and then the plan changed.

  8. #68

    • Space Mountain Fanboy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    166

    Re: Destination D - September 24 & 25, 2010 - at the Disneyland Resort

    This is also the first I've heard of a banquet. Interesting.

  9. #69

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    28

    Re: Destination D - September 24 & 25, 2010 - at the Disneyland Resort

    I just bought my ticket!!! So excited. My wonderful husband has agreed that I can use his airline miles to fly to Disneyland. Now to figure out flights and hotel! Does anyone know if we will receive a detailed schedule with times/etc. some time before the event? All we know right now is that events will be from approx 9am-1030pm both nights.

  10. #70

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    159

    Re: Destination D - September 24 & 25, 2010 - at the Disneyland Resort

    Quote Originally Posted by girlfromtn View Post
    I just bought my ticket!!! So excited. My wonderful husband has agreed that I can use his airline miles to fly to Disneyland. Now to figure out flights and hotel! Does anyone know if we will receive a detailed schedule with times/etc. some time before the event? All we know right now is that events will be from approx 9am-1030pm both nights.
    I noticed on the site that registration begins Thursday afternoon, so hopefully we'll get all those goodies then.

  11. #71

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    267

    Re: Destination D - September 24 & 25, 2010 - at the Disneyland Resort

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Leigh View Post
    Hey, I'd be pretty happy with some Mickey ice cream bars and popcorn.

    They were probably planning to do that way back when, and then the plan changed.
    Yum. That sounds good to me. Toss in some English Toffee and I will be a very happy man.

  12. #72

    • You have much to learn...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    932

    Re: Destination D - September 24 & 25, 2010 - at the Disneyland Resort

    Ok, thanks for the info about the banquet- I knew I read something like that when the event was initially announced- but didn't recall if it was actually ever mentioned on the D23 site itself before they changed and added the final info a few weeks ago.

    Too bad though- I miss the years of Disneyana conventions, Pirates and Mansion events that had the banquets or dinners at the Blue Bayou- I wish they would bring those back- the last one I went to was the Mansion 40th last year.

  13. #73

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,358

    Re: Destination D - September 24 & 25, 2010 - at the Disneyland Resort

    Oooh a banquet on Saturday in honor of my birthday? I'm down for that.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  14. #74

    • Your Average Joe
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    112

    Re: Destination D - September 24 & 25, 2010 - at the Disneyland Resort

    A Word from the President
    Disneyland President George Kalogridis shares a very special presentation with D23.

    Any clue as to what the special presentation is about?

  15. #75

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,358

    Re: Destination D - September 24 & 25, 2010 - at the Disneyland Resort

    Quote Originally Posted by Goofus View Post
    A Word from the President
    Disneyland President George Kalogridis shares a very special presentation with D23.

    Any clue as to what the special presentation is about?


    It's about YOU, the Disney fan.

    Actually I don't know but I'm sure something like that will be said.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. D23 Scavenger Hunt - September 26th, 2010
    By Dustysage in forum D23 - Disney Twenty Three
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: 10-03-2010, 06:11 AM
  2. Destination D 2010 & D23 EXPO 2011 Announced
    By Dustysage in forum D23 - Disney Twenty Three
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 10:28 AM
  3. [Question] Is Disneyland Resort Hiring for Summer 2010?
    By dizny58 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 11:51 AM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 03:05 PM
  5. Homecoming: Destination Disneyland...A fantastic Book
    By Alchimedes in forum Community Outpost
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-16-2005, 07:41 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •