Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Re: Destination D - September 24 & 25, 2010 - at the Disneyland Resort

I am very excited - less than a month away! I wish D23 would release the details of the schedule so I could work out dinner/lunch plans, etc. I emailed customer service but of course got an unhelpful response ("the only details available are the ones posted on website").

Quote Originally Posted by girlfromtn View Post
    I am very excited - less than a month away! I wish D23 would release the details of the schedule so I could work out dinner/lunch plans, etc. I emailed customer service but of course got an unhelpful response ("the only details available are the ones posted on website").
    Which restaurants at DLH will still be open in late September? Are there any options for a quick bite or shoudl we plan to head to DD? At the D23 Expo last year, we often ate lunch late in the afternoon after one session, while waiting in line for another, so trying to plan ahead a little for Destination D (if that is possible). -- Suzanne

I will be at destination d and am looking forward to it but I have a question. I will not be staying at the disneyland hotel but at a hotel about a mile away. Do I get free parking with a premium ap in the disneyland hotel parking lot or is that only for the other lots? Thanks.

You will need to park in the Mickey and Friends if you don't want to pay anything. Not a very long walk to the hotel.

• Your Average Joe

Has anybody seen a more detailed schedule - in particular, what time each event takes place?

Quote Originally Posted by Goofus View Post
    Has anybody seen a more detailed schedule - in particular, what time each event takes place?
    No, and when I emailed D23 to ask, I received no response! I hope they give the details of the schedule to us before check-in/registration at the event.

•   
    • White Water Snacker!

Destination D is 25 days away. Hopefully they'll have the schedule out soon.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Quote Originally Posted by Mousecat View Post
    You will need to park in the Mickey and Friends if you don't want to pay anything. Not a very long walk to the hotel.

How is that?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Quote Originally Posted by huskydawg View Post
    Destination D is 25 days away. Hopefully they'll have the schedule out soon.
    I'm trying to think of any of the D23 events that we knew the actual sched. ahead of time. We usually always knew the outline, but never the timeline.
    If anyone knows of one, please let me know because I have no problem being wrong!
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 63!
    D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxum View Post
    I'm trying to think of any of the D23 events that we knew the actual sched. ahead of time. We usually always knew the outline, but never the timeline.
    If anyone knows of one, please let me know because I have no problem being wrong!
    Don't know about previous events but the d23 website says: Shown below is the current lineup for Destination D: Disneyland '55 (times to be announced later this summer; panels and talent subject to change). This is why people are expecting a schedule to be released before the event

• Your Average Joe

Quote Originally Posted by girlfromtn View Post
    Don't know about previous events but the d23 website says: Shown below is the current lineup for Destination D: Disneyland '55 (times to be announced later this summer; panels and talent subject to change). This is why people are expecting a schedule to be released before the event
    Exactly.

I don't want to make dinner reservations that will conflict with any event I want to attend.

I'm assuming there won't really be time to get a big dinner, and am just planning to grab something quickly. But then again, maybe some people want to go to the parks and eat, and I won't be able to do that because I don't have an AP and won't be using my tickets those two days.

At least they got the stuff you can buy done well in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    How is that?
    Annual Passholders who have parking included on their passes can park in Mickey & Friends for free. But it's $15/day for everyone else, so it may be cheaper for Destination D attendees to just park at the hotel. Do we know for a fact that parking at the hotel is not included in the $$$ we spent on registration?

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Goofus View Post
    A Word from the President
    Disneyland President George Kalogridis shares a very special presentation with D23.

Any clue as to what the special presentation is about?
    Now we can put two and two together:

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post

According to D23's Disney Geek, there is a possibility that information about a PeopleMover replacement coming to Tomorrowland just might be divulged at D23's Destination D: Disneyland '55 event. This "brand new two-day event illuminates the fascinating history behind Disney's flagship park." Disneyland president, George Kalogridis, will answer questions from those in attendance pertaining to the park's past, present and future.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS1hWa31A8M"]YouTube- D23's Disney Geek - August 25, 2010[/ame]

If there was to be a right place .. and the right person to make this announcement .. It would be the president of the DLR at Disney's own D23 Convention.

Like all Disney theme park developments ... they tend to slip into the internet world. Somebody else picks up the tidbit .. calls their sources to verify .. and BOOM the internet world is off and running with unofficial/official word a project IS underway.

They didn't pick the first day (Friday) for George .. but the last day - Saturday. Saving the best for last?

Who knows.

But with the long, long, long anticipation of Disneyland's most eagerly awaited attraction ... It seems the best place to announce it ... is at Disney's own event.

That would be more appropriate ..and more exciting way to announce the word ... than just one day catching the word on the net .. which would kind of ruin "the moment" - you know.

So ... I'm not saying THEY ARE going to announce it. Just seems some indicators are pointing to it, that's all.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast